Promoting The Pandora Via Youtube

Thagerg posted on May 22 2009 at 11:11 PM said:
Chromes stability isn't bad at all... what basic features is it missing? it seems to have many features that i like that other browsers don't have. More extensions will probably be coming for it soon.

Best of all it's fast and it's simple.
Until recently it didn't even have Fullscreen. Also, what are you talking about the stability isn't bad? It's main attraction was the seperate processes which were supposed to make it so that the whole thing didn't crash, yet everytime one of the tabs freezes, the whole thing freezes.

EDIT: Also, I dislike their Find function in comparison to FF's.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
It use to crash on me but it hasn't for a really long time so they must have fixed it and yeah... they added a bunch of features so it's pretty much good to go. :D

Gruso posted on May 22 2009 at 11:34 PM said:
Ok browser fans :p TOPIC!
I already said my two cents about the topic, any more cents will be paid as replies to other people's responses. When people aren't staying on topic, then my responses probably won't be either.

Think about it this way: With a browser discussion, we've managed to deter the comments about copyright, piracy, etc. ;)

-God Ginrai

Fat Agnus posted on May 22 2009 at 10:52 PM) [quote="craigix posted on May 20 2009 at 01:21 PM said:
I think that on the emulators front the ipod defence should be used, if emulation (ie playing your old games"] is illegal, then so is copying your old CDs, tapes and records on to an ipod and playing them on that.

So I'm not too worried about emulation, well not as much as i used to be.
Don't get me wrong, I love emulation. It's why I read this forum and bought a gp2x.

But seriously, do you really own a DonDonPachi arcade cab or other games demo'd in the youtube videos?

Even internally at TI, they're careful in their powerpoint presentations and demos of the Pandora and Beagleboard emulation.[/quote]I don't have DonDonPachi, I do have a good enough collection of arcade boards and classic games to make a good video though. And I was really aiming my comments at Sony in regards to using their CDs on the Pandora. I'll hook up a CD drive if I have to :)

PS I woke up this morning to find a huge number of subscribers had joined overnight, not sure what caused that but thanks everyone!

Sony can be right SOB's though. Don't forget that they sued Bleem! out of existence even though it was designed to use original discs. That's not even mentioning what they did to Lik-Sang!

Craig, you should do some more running around in the professional videos. Or stage the whole thing from your bed; apparently most people play handheld and mobile phone games in bed.

B)

I know what Sony are like, I was involved with Liksang, Dan Morell etc. in that legal action, they did it to all of us. I just chose to keep quiet at the time and deal with it in my own way.

They used an obscure European law to take us all down, but I'd be interested to see what laws they would use in regards to the PS1 discs being used on the Pandora. It's the kind of case which would be interesting, it's not as black and white as some people would have you believe.

Oh and back to the Video news, I'm liking the suggestions here, they are adding to my story board. I'm really in to the idea of showing a portable device for being potable - ie up and about (and in bed). Good stuff.

Oh and 400 subscribers, wow.

craigix posted on May 23 2009 at 08:34 PM said:
Time to spruce up your YouTube profile page, perhaps? Maybe link to the Pandora homepage, and change the profile theme to something more stylish? :p
If you are doing YouTube you have to be serious about it ;)

dflemstr posted on May 23 2009 at 07:45 PM) [quote="craigix posted on May 23 2009 at 08:34 PM said:
Time to spruce up your YouTube profile page, perhaps? Maybe link to the Pandora homepage, and change the profile theme to something more stylish? :p
If you are doing YouTube you have to be serious about it ;"] [/quote]yeah, youtube is super serious shit.

craigix posted on May 23 2009 at 07:34 PM said:
They used an obscure European law to take us all down, but I'd be interested to see what laws they would use in regards to the PS1 discs being used on the Pandora. It's the kind of case which would be interesting, it's not as black and white as some people would have you believe.
I can only tell you what it says on Wikipedia (which matches what I remember reading in the gaming press).

Two days after bleem! started taking preorders for their emulator, Sony filed suit against them alleging that they were violating their rights and that providing access for PlayStation games to run on non-Sony hardware constituted unfair competition.

Ultimately bleem! won in court and a protective order was issued to "protect David from Goliath".[1] Sony lost on all counts, including bleem!'s use of screenshots of PlayStation games on its packaging. The court noted that bleem!'s use of copyrighted screenshots was considered fair use and should be allowed to continue.

Despite the legal victories, the legal fees allegedly forced the company out of business. eBay auctions of some of the company's possessions were held soon after - including a huge library of worldwide game releases apparently used for compatibility testing.

The question is if OpenPandora has enough cash to win all those possible lawsuits?

I know what Sony are like, I was involved with Liksang, Dan Morell etc. in that legal action, they did it to all of us. I just chose to keep quiet at the time and deal with it in my own way.

Oh and back to the Video news, I'm liking the suggestions here, they are adding to my story board. I'm really in to the idea of showing a portable device for being potable - ie up and about (and in bed). Good stuff.

401 ;)

I hope you liked the idea what i was telling you :D
Thats what i want to see - and the rest of all the humans in the world :)

The question is if OpenPandora has enough cash to win all those possible lawsuits?

i'm gonna kill the person claiming openpandora is doing illigal stuff by ps1 iso's or what ever reason.
Stopid company's can maby stop the pandora from shipping...and putting an end on the pandora. :(
If that happens....im going to get mad and never buy anything anymore from the startes of that claim.

But lets just hope that'l never happen. And i think it will not since ps1 emulation will start once its out...or wait...it will come out of the box right? :( maby we shouldnt let it come out of the box...

edit: srry for double post!

dflemstr posted on May 23 2009 at 07:45 PM) [quote="craigix posted on May 23 2009 at 08:34 PM said:
If you are doing YouTube you have to be serious about it ;"]
[/quote]I've made it look nicer, but it seems I have to have an upgraded account to do anymore.

craigix posted on May 23 2009 at 10:18 PM) [quote="dflemstr posted on May 23 2009 at 07:45 PM said:
I've made it look nicer, but it seems I have to have an upgraded account to do anymore.[/quote]Only problem with the new design that I'm seeing at the moment is that we no longer are able to actually access your videos! You completely removed the link from the profile page! At least it's not there in Konqueror 4.2.3... (And yes, I've clicked all the ajaxified links and supposedly working anchors)

craigix posted on May 23 2009 at 07:34 PM said:

Craig, you really, really, really miss the point. Sony doesn't have to be right and you don't have to be wrong. They just need to delay the Pandora even more, cost you more than you have in legal fees and hold it up forever. They can do it, make no mistake about it and in this economic climate they will be looking to protect profits in any way they can. For them to spend a million dollars to protect their IP, which in their mind is priceless, is a no brainer. Don't fuck with these people, even if you win, you loose.

Chris

dflemstr posted on May 23 2009 at 11:37 PM) [quote="craigix posted on May 23 2009 at 10:18 PM) [quote="dflemstr posted on May 23 2009 at 07:45 PM said:
I've made it look nicer, but it seems I have to have an upgraded account to do anymore.[/quote]Only problem with the new design that I'm seeing at the moment is that we no longer are able to actually access your videos! You completely removed the link from the profile page! At least it's not there in Konqueror 4.2.3... (And yes, I've clicked all the ajaxified links and supposedly working anchors"]
[/quote]It seems ok in FF, what do you see?

craigix posted on May 24 2009 at 12:59 AM) [quote="dflemstr posted on May 23 2009 at 11:37 PM) [quote="craigix posted on May 23 2009 at 10:18 PM said:
dflemstr posted on May 23 2009 at 07:45 PM said:
I've made it look nicer, but it seems I have to have an upgraded account to do anymore.
Only problem with the new design that I'm seeing at the moment is that we no longer are able to actually access your videos! You completely removed the link from the profile page! At least it's not there in Konqueror 4.2.3... (And yes, I've clicked all the ajaxified links and supposedly working anchors"]
[/quote]It seems ok in FF, what do you see?[/quote]
(Click to enlarge :p)

It's probably yet another KHTML problem... Why won't they just use WebKit like everyone else...
But it might also be that YouTube uses a lot of FF-specific features. Look at the rounded corners, for example: they're not made of standard XHTML/CSS, but instead by using a weird Gecko specific thing. Konqueror renders the corners like they should be, by following the XHTML spec...

dflemstr posted on May 23 2009 at 07:38 PM) [quote="craigix posted on May 24 2009 at 12:59 AM) [quote="dflemstr posted on May 23 2009 at 11:37 PM) [quote="craigix posted on May 23 2009 at 10:18 PM said:
dflemstr posted on May 23 2009 at 07:45 PM said:
I've made it look nicer, but it seems I have to have an upgraded account to do anymore.
Only problem with the new design that I'm seeing at the moment is that we no longer are able to actually access your videos! You completely removed the link from the profile page! At least it's not there in Konqueror 4.2.3... (And yes, I've clicked all the ajaxified links and supposedly working anchors"]
[/quote]It seems ok in FF, what do you see?[/quote]
(Click to enlarge :p"]

It's probably yet another KHTML problem... Why won't they just use WebKit like everyone else...
But it might also be that YouTube uses a lot of FF-specific features. Look at the rounded corners, for example: they're not made of standard XHTML/CSS, but instead by using a weird Gecko specific thing. Konqueror renders the corners like they should be, by following the XHTML spec...[/quote]I know this may sound stupid, but did you click the All link? On the firefox page, it's bolded, but on the Konqueror page it looks like a link.

-God Ginrai

Back