Psp Emulation On Pandora

linuxftw said:
SomeGuy99 said:
linuxftw said:
KodeIn said:
Not really a boost, since most of PSP games are not that good or are remakes of PS1 games.
When Pandora will get native 3D games that are better than PSP ones, then that will be a real boost to the Pandora!
Quit lying the Psp has many awesome games (in my opinion) I like Final Fantasy Dissdidia, Daxter, Sonic Rivals, Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, Tekken Dark Resurrection, and God of War Chains of Olympus.

But those are almost all remakes, sequels or ports!
The same with the ds or Openpandora which most of it is just quick ports and recompiles

That's a fair point, but it doesn't make the PSP any superior. I own all three machines (although my Pandora is being built so that doesn't count), and i'd say the DS has a fair few original titles compared to the PSP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking a thread off-topic is one thing, but chiming in to say it's pointless to want a platform emulated because its games suck is just rude. You really have no place speaking for everyone on this.

SomeGuy99 said:
linuxftw said:
SomeGuy99 said:
linuxftw said:
KodeIn said:
Not really a boost, since most of PSP games are not that good or are remakes of PS1 games.
When Pandora will get native 3D games that are better than PSP ones, then that will be a real boost to the Pandora!
Quit lying the Psp has many awesome games (in my opinion) I like Final Fantasy Dissdidia, Daxter, Sonic Rivals, Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, Tekken Dark Resurrection, and God of War Chains of Olympus.

But those are almost all remakes, sequels or ports!
The same with the ds or Openpandora which most of it is just quick ports and recompiles

That's a fair point, but it doesn't make the PSP any superior. I own all three machines (although my Pandora is being built so that doesn't count), and i'd say the DS has a fair few original titles compared to the PSP.
I would say the ds has a few more original games but i like the Psp better I shouldn't have mentioned the Pandora(because it is still in development) but most of the games/emulators on the gp2x wiz are shoddy ports or recompiles of gp2x games nothing truly takes advantage of the wiz's hardware.

Exophase said:
Taking a thread off-topic is one thing, but chiming in to say it's pointless to want a platform emulated because its games suck is just rude. You really have no place speaking for everyone on this.

Unless we're talking about the Phillips CDI. I have one, and my life is worse for it.
;)

Exophase said:
Finally some one with some common sense besides I love the Psp

Na-Noo said:
linuxftw said:
look I'm not here to start a flame war about the systems the Psp and Pandora I was just here to ask a simple question
--snip--
hopefully you got a reasonable answer to your question.
Keep eye on link I posted, don't know when he'll be able start looking at it again.

I saw JayFoxRox post in a thread recently. I wonder if he's said if he's still interested in working on it.

linuxftw said:
I would say the ds has a few more original games but i like the Psp better I shouldn't have mentioned the Pandora(because it is still in development) but most of the games/emulators on the gp2x wiz are shoddy ports or recompiles of gp2x games nothing truly takes advantage of the wiz's hardware.

That's not very respectful to the devs who made those ports now is it?

Remember that those devs read this board in all likelihood.

quadomatic said:
Na-Noo said:
linuxftw said:
look I'm not here to start a flame war about the systems the Psp and Pandora I was just here to ask a simple question
--snip--
Keep eye on link I posted, don't know when he'll be able start looking at it again.

I saw JayFoxRox post in a thread recently. I wonder if he's said if he's still interested in working on it.
Well can't wait to see the progress of it.

exophase is here, he can give you a fair bit of insight as to the potential of emulating psp on the pandora if he feel so inclined to give his opinion again, that is...

SomeGuy99 said:
Unless we're talking about the Phillips CDI. I have one, and my life is worse for it.
;)

As bizarre as it seems, there are even people who enjoy some CD-i game(s)! I hope it gets emulated on Pandora too ;D At the very least many will find some of the games so bad they're good, or at least so bad they're hilarious.

quadomatic said:
Na-Noo said:
linuxftw said:
--snip--

Could polity ask on his blog that I linked to.
But I got the impression it was just on the back burner if anything, but like most projects that can easily change in either direction.

I'm pretty sure he's just waiting until he gets his pandora to continue his work, at least I'd like to believe that :)

SomeGuy99 said:
linuxftw said:

That's not very respectful to the devs who made those ports now is it?

Remember that those devs read this board in all likelihood.
Sorry didn't mean to insult devs just the Gp2x wiz has hardware power that is wasted because it is pretty powerful for something that size.

Exophase said:
SomeGuy99 said:
;)

As bizarre as it seems, there are even people who enjoy some CD-i game(s)! I hope it gets emulated on Pandora too ;D At the very least many will find some of the games so bad they're good, or at least so bad they're hilarious.

I found the hilarity descended into despair and spiralled into self loathing.

Nah, not really. It was a nice concept though; making a console into something like a hifi component. I wonder why nobody tried that since?

SomeGuy99 said:
I found the hilarity descended into despair and spiralled into self loathing.

Nah, not really. It was a nice concept though; making a console into something like a hifi component. I wonder why nobody tried that since?

Does 3DO count? They were using the "multimedia center" concept to try to justify its outrageous price. Like CD-i it was also more of a licensable standard operating environment than a fixed hardware unit. Maybe that's the idea that doesn't really work. Part of the problem there is that it's trying to make hardware units profitable items on their own, which the industry has proven is not a competitive approach.

Exophase said:
SomeGuy99 said:
;)

Even if you thinked the system suck it should still be emulated how about Gizmondo emulation that pretty cool lawl.

Exophase said:
Does 3DO count? They were using the "multimedia center" concept to try to justify its outrageous price. Like CD-i it was also more of a licensable standard operating environment than a fixed hardware unit. Maybe that's the idea that doesn't really work. Part of the problem there is that it's trying to make hardware units profitable items on their own, which the industry has proven is not a competitive approach.

Yeah, it's almost as if 3DO were trying to shift the unprofitable aspect onto a bunch of consumer electronic companies. Suckers!

I was on about the the hifi component style housing though:

philips_cdi_740_screen2.jpg

worst-41.jpg

cdi_615_front.jpg

philips-cdi180-031.jpg

That last one is pretty sexy.

[quote name='linuxftw' date='22 May 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1274556007']
Even if you thinked the system suck it should still be emulated how about Gizmondo emulation that pretty cool lawl.
[/quote]

I have one of those too. :lol:

KodeIn said:
Ok, sorry to trash the party, but the likeliness of the "Pandora native 3D" games reaching in to a 3 digit number is kinda remote. The games will be few, and far between. There are a few homebrew games that show potential, but lets face it, they probably wont even make up a 2 digit number of final releases, much less a 2 digit number of great final releases. With the user base we are going to hit with the Panda in the next year or so, a few Indie-developers might very well show some interest. I expect puzzle games, and 3D or not, they aren't really going to exploit the capacity of the hardware. I agree, some, even most PSP games aren't revolutionary, and i would rather someone focus on making a PSX emu, then a PSP emu, but actually, making a PSP emu actually gets you both... It's a small task, to remake a PSX game in to a PSP one, and the tools are already "out there". And then you got a wide array of games including at least some of my favorites available.

SomeGuy99 said:
Exophase said:

;)
Please. Make your life better, and mine worse, at a small cost to you. Ship the CDI of to me...
;- )
B!

SomeGuy99 said:
Exophase said:

Yeah, it's almost as if 3DO were trying to shift the unprofitable aspect onto a bunch of consumer electronic companies. Suckers!

I was on about the the hifi component style housing though:

philips_cdi_740_screen2.jpg

worst-41.jpg

cdi_615_front.jpg

philips-cdi180-031.jpg

That last one is pretty sexy.

[quote name='linuxftw' date='22 May 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1274556007']

I have one of those too. :lol:
[/quote]
I never owned a Gizmondo but when it was made it was pretty cool it was great for Piracy, hacking, and homebrew before there as the Gp2x it was also super easy hack the systme copy a few files and install a few patches and your done piracy wasn't to difficult either files were pretty small hacking the thing is pretty fun if only I could buy a Gizmondo in the United States Because I would have fun hacking that beast.

I don't have the link right now, but I got a response from JayFoxRox in a thread I made about this very topic awhile ago. If I remember correctly he basically said his beagleboard had died, so he wouldn't be able to do any more work on his emulator, likely until he got a Pandora and not to look for anything significant any time soon. I think he also guessed some games might end up running decently if he ever got his emulator working really well.

Back