Psp Or Gp32?

JESUS

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I've been saving up for a GP32 for some time now, but recently I've been told that if I Wait a little while, the PSP will have homebrewn emus and games as well. Should I get a GP32 now or just wait for a PSP?

5 ghz processors will be out sometime, Shall i wait or get a computer that i can use now.

Never buy anything based on something that may become available for it in the future, Get it for what it can do now.

You decide. :rolleyes:

Trooper

trooper posted on Apr 16 2005 at 03:00 AM said:
5 ghz processors will be out sometime, Shall i wait or get a computer that i can use now.

Never buy anything based on something that may become available for it in the future, Get it for what it can do now.

You decide. :rolleyes:

Trooper

wise words from o'l trooder.

i would agree get a gp32!!!! Its a big scene and youll have to wiat abit if your in europe to get a psp unless to get it for a premium price or something from america or japan...

up to you realy though so keep that in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
i doubt that psp will have a as big homebrew scene as gp in the next years.
also i wont compare them, if youget a psp you get it for commercial games, i you get a gp you get it for homebrew, you have to decide what you want.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the GP32; I'm big on homebrew and emu scenes and all that, and I just don't have money to buy commercial games so often. Thanks a lot for your advice, it's been a big help.

yeah, i too am just going to pick up a gp32 now! been holding off forever.
^psp, commercial games; gp32 emu/homebrew

I have a PSP as well as a GP32 and DS. I will say that the PSP for the most part rocks! The commercial games are good now and will get even better. The downside of the PSP is that the games are bloody EXPENSIVE. $40-50 a piece for handheld games? Ouch! It is a nice system if you can afford to feed it, I love mine.

As far as emus that is still a big "?" Who knows if, when, or how the DRM will be cracked. If it does get cracked it will be some time for emus to be made. An SDK has to be made, then emus coded debugged etc. The PSP uses weird a CPU setup so it will be complex to figure out. Could be a long time.

One other thing is kind of worrysome. The PSP seems to have a super slow LCD. darker and saturated colors tend to smear and leave really severe trails. Black is one of the worst offenders. Many older emulated systems used alot of dark, black, and saturated colors. These will tend to smear quite badly, it could be to the point where fast scrollers like shooters could be almost unplayable, your ship would dissapear in the black ink smear on the LCD. If you look at the rally-x game at the beginning of RR you will see the pink on the screen smearing with 1/4" trails! I hope they fix this as that is the only thing that bugs me about the otherwise great PSP. Even the load times are not that big a deal to me.

The GP32 seems perfect for emus. The screen is fast enough and the resolution matches most emulated games real well at 1:1. Many newer systems like PSP are too high resolution for older console games. If the res is too high you need to stretch the screen so the play area isn't too small. When you stretch to need to smooth, when you smooth you get blurry images. On the other hand if the res is not enough like the DS you have to cut out pixels to fit it. The GP32 doesn't have either of these problems it seems just about right.

yeah, the smearing really pisses me off!
but emus i think would run fine on the psp if the 4:3 aspect ratio would be kept the same by barring the sides. or maybe not..

Back