• No

Votes: 119 60.1%

• Total voters

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
I'm curious about this.

I'm also interested to hear about anyone who believes they have a good quality 3rd party one (give as many details as you can).

In other words no power supplies have been sourced yet then?

The CUI/V-Infinity power supplies that I asked about are the ones that digikey is selling with the beagleboard.

The ones that specialcomp.com is selling are made by DVE (dveusa.com)

Both of these seem stable enough for the OMAP3.

I hope one is included. We need something better then USB or those AC to USB adapters. I'm sure its going to be difficult with the different outlet types.

i have two of those. does that mean i can get my pandora before the official PSU is finalized? ; )

I sold my PSP and with it the power adapter. However I can say that I bought my PSP on the day it was released in the US and my adapter was used daily for more than a year as my battery had failed to charge in the last year. Never had any issues with the quality of the supply. No broken wires, shorts or overheating of any kind. So that was like 4 years with heavy usage near the end. I'd say a solid supply as long as they haven't changed anything.

guizm said:
Is there any problem with the pandora power supply?
The problem is they don't have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
nikkopt said:
Protip: you can charge your pandora tru USB :p

True, but you need a USB OTG cable (where can you get those btw? Prior to the Pandora I'd never even heard of USB-OTG).

I don't have PSP Power Supply, but two pieces of Motorola mini-USB chargers (5V/2A). The first one for phone and the second one for BT heaadset. IIRC good power supply for Pandora was promised, but if Pandora can be charged through the mini-USB port then I get along without one.

Enverex said:
nikkopt said:

True, but you need a USB OTG cable (where can you get those btw? Prior to the Pandora I'd never even heard of USB-OTG).

BEHOLD: http://www.meditronik.com.pl/doc/mini/usb-kabel-mini=foto=canon.jpg

it's a normal mini USB cable ;)

dflemstr said:
Neko said:
guizm said:
Is there any problem with the pandora power supply?
The problem is they don't have one.
Source?
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47385

Chip said:
The reason we're testing adapters is because we're still shopping around for one to include with the Pandora. We're testing them instead of buying whatever is cheapest because, as you can see, most of the cheap ones are garbage. We do have our eye on one that is of sufficient quality, but we're still on the lookout.

Ops, scratch my previous post.. i really thought the pandora had a normal mini-usb female connector but then i saw this Link :blink:

I am now confused

nikkopt said:
Enverex said:
nikkopt said:

BEHOLD: http://www.meditronik.com.pl/doc/mini/usb-kabel-mini=foto=canon.jpg

it's a normal mini USB cable ;)

Ace, got a few as my phone, camera and card-readers all use the same connection.

Back