Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

Exophase said:
They do exist on Wiz, GP2X, PSP, and iPhone, I guess the conventions are just different or something? Honestly I'm not really sure why people are struggling with it on Pandora.
Are you not working on that Ex? I thought you had your Pandora already.

Forget I asked, being as I don't have my Panda yet and don't frequent these threads much I probably shouldn't ask questions like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not porting gpSP, this is something I've explained a few times and am too lazy to dig up a post on, sorry.

http://github.com/smokku/gpsp/blob/master/readme.txt
NOTE: As some of you may be aware I'm pretty much tired of these
unofficial releases by people (okay, mostly single person) who
don't wish to follow my wishes. I'm in the process of asking this
person to stop, in his own language. However, I want to make
something clear. Look at the last six new features in this
changelog. I added these TODAY. I could have done them at any
time. But I didn't, because I spent many (dozens, quite possibly
hundreds) hours debugging games that people want to play. I have
always believed that this is far more important than spending time
on new features. Frankly, I'm tired of my emulator being hacked on
by other people, and if it doesn't stop I'm going to make this
project closed source.

Since I know this information is most visible when updated on the
major sites, note that it is the news posters I am especially
talking to. Next time you upload unofficial releases of my
emulator (without even knowing what's changed) bear in mind that
you're only encouraging me to stop working on this. If you want
to pick sides between me and unofficial devs, be my guest. I'll
let you decide by the contents of this release who's doing more
for my emulator.

Oh, and if you downloaded a version of gpSP that has more than
"gpSP" in its name then you're using one of their versions. Shame
on them for not even removing this threatening message, and shame
on you. Unless you're using a port I endorse (GP2X, Dreamcast, etc),
in which case everything's good.

That's related to past events, specifically in the PSP scene IIRC. His very recent quote (linked above) is a better indication don't you think? ;)

Anyway, enough about gpSP in a PSX thread. :)

I kind of remember exo getting angry because his inbox was filled with bug-reports of an inofficial gpsp-fork.
Always wonder why his forum-signature still links to the gpsp-blog, maybe he uses it as a bookmark or something ^^ Then again I always wonder why it's so hard to follow MDave's signature to his current project.

I remember Zodd said that in one of the builds he'd fixed a bug with the frame limiter.

I'm not sure it's been completely eliminated. In Monkey Magic, when the bat appears and talks to you, he stutters pretty badly (you can't make out what he's saying). If you turn the frame limiter off the speech is improved, though still pretty choppy, but the rest of the game plays too fast.

Alundra seems to work great, always has been one of my favorite PS1 games and I'm finally happy I put up with everything to get a Pandora (well, again, as I was happy when it first arrived but after finding the nubs dead...).

Thanks all involved for the emulator (can't say I've spent much time following anything Pandora related as I always felt the wait is easier when not paying attention to what it can do until it would be here).

I'm really hoping tomba/tombi will be playable, by far my favourite psx games

I've tested it. It's in the compatibility list thread in General Talk, if you haven't seen it already. :p

Prometheus said:
I've tested it. It's in the compatibility list thread in General Talk, if you haven't seen it already. :p
damn, how could I miss that? :) Well, a little disappointing about tombi, those are games I'd really only want to play near fullspeed and without serious glitches. Seems like a lot of interesting titles are already playable, though. Nice.

Does psx4all support disc changing? I've just completed disc 1 of lunar SSSC and need to "insert disc 2" :rolleyes: But don't know how I would manage to do that. Can anyone help?

HackModford said:
Does psx4all support disc changing? I've just completed disc 1 of lunar SSSC and need to "insert disc 2" :rolleyes: But don't know how I would manage to do that. Can anyone help?

Not yet. Unless there is a patch for the game itself (there was one for Parasite Eve, where I had the same problem), all you can do at the moment is either copy the SRM to the PC, play to the second disk and save or try the same thing with PCSX4ALL using Ginge ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
HackModford said:

Not yet. Unless there is a patch for the game itself (there was one for Parasite Eve, where I had the same problem), all you can do at the moment is either copy the SRM to the PC, play to the second disk and save or try the same thing with PCSX4ALL using Ginge ;)

Can I ask where you can get the patch for 'Parasite Eve' please Ed? (obviously I can ask, what I mean is can you answer please!)

EDIT: I found it.

EvilDragon said:
HackModford said:

When you say "pcsx4all using ginge ;)" which program are you referring to? I have ginge but are you referring to a gp2x or wiz file? If so where would I find it?

PCSX4all (for the Wiz) is linked to in notaz's post about GINGE in the News Zone section. ;)

Back