Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

Hey guys is it possible to use the nuns yet? If so how? This is so exciting

Updated psx4pandora build. Not on AppStore just yet, should be up soon.

Grab it here:
http://www.zodttd.com/downloads/psx4pandora-060810.pnd

Here's what's new:
- Added frame limiting and show FPS options. Frame limiting on by default.
- Improved sound syncing/output.
- Improved audio timings.
- Added mapping to Q / P keys for L2 / R2 triggers respectively.
- Removed accidental hardcoded 600MHz overclock setting in PND packaging.
- Faster? You tell me. ;) Remember to mention overclock settings.

I couldn't fix the fact it scales without aspect ratio in mind. This is due to using fbset which scaler desn't seem to take into effect margins with -left -right. Will need to confirm that.

Try this build out. I really had fun with it with the games I tested.

Thanks!
ZodTTD

notaz: I didn't see your post before this release in regards to positioning the framebuffer. I will fix for the next release. Thanks again!

DaveC: 2x will be used most the time, but some games would overflow the height of the screen with 2x but still be too small such as the 256 height. In the meantime I might just scale to height and blackbar the side margins and see how it looks.

I also have nub support in place, but I just checked it's usage and it seems it's not working yet. I will fix for the next release too.

\o/

zodttd said:
notaz: I didn't see your post before this release in regards to positioning the framebuffer. I will fix for the next release. Thanks again!

DaveC: 2x will be used most the time, but some games would overflow the height of the screen with 2x but still be too small such as the 256 height. In the meantime I might just scale to height and blackbar the side margins and see how it looks.

I also have nub support in place, but I just checked it's usage and it seems it's not working yet. I will fix for the next release too.

\o/

Last edited by a moderator:
hi sorry messed up my post.

anyway had a quick go with 800 over clocking on the previous release three lions seemed perfect however on this release its only getting 35fps and feels very sluggish.

zodttd said:

Can we please keep the option of fullscreen/incorrect aspect scaling too?

Thanks!

tried all the game i tried the other night and unless im doing something wrong the previous build is quicker. Keep up the good work zottd

coevin: Yeah seems so. ED just confirmed the same. Working on fixing that while keeping audio in sync too.

I gotta get this out my system FUCK YEAH! another update thanks zodttd keep up the great work :)

Edit: just checked it out it's great the new options but is quite a lot slower. anyware keep on going mate :)

Amazing update speeds Zod! With all the worry about PSX emulation I am sure these lightning fast build updates have eased some nerves. Can't wait for my Pandora tomorrow!

If you need an idea of how things are performing zod you can check this out

zodttd said:
- Added mapping to Q / P keys for L2 / R2 triggers respectively.

In your next build, could you remap those to 1 and Delete respectively? I think those will be easier to hit, seeing as how they are just above the dpad and buttons.

-God Ginrai

I realize that this is probably not the popular opinion, but I like the fact that the game is using up the full screen. For some of the more cartoony games you don't really notice too much. Could you keep that as an option?

Great work by the way!

zodttd said:

\o/
Could there be an option to just do 2x then center? If a few lines were cropped that would still look better than fraction scale which ripples especially in 2d games it is pretty ugly. I thought most games were 240 height. Is the 256 PAL or something? For the few that aren't 240 it wouldn't be a big deal. Plus 2x improbably pretty easy to do in code as well.

I think there should be settings for this maybe even per game so users can set to taste. Options would be fullscreen stretched, 2x integer (centered), scale vertical maintain aspect and of course 1:1 for the 640x480 games. Most emus do have scale settings.

Thanks for the nice updates.

Any chance of getting the code published so that us Wiz owners can beg Hardyx to update PSX4Wiz in the hopes that it will benefit from your lovely code enhancements?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Back