Putting A Cellphone In This Thing?

jb0yx said:
I'll wait for an android port to the pandora to be readily distributed before I write a how-to (for anyone that actually cares to use it) But I can call and answer calls and sms/txt people with little to no delay and all for free. Everything is "pushed" to the phone so you don't have to actively check for phone calls, sms's or voicemails. It's still not as polished as I was hopeing, but the functionality is there. All you need is a 3g connection, may it be mobile wifi hotspot, tether to a phone, or hardline wifi hotspot. You can check your messages and return calls when you have a connection, when you don't have a connection it goes to voicemail, simple enough IMO.

Wow! well done. I thought you'd given up too. Sounds like a great project - I'd be really interested in a how-to guide when you get some time.

good luck

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread makes me happy. Especially the part about us perhaps being wrong about UK-assembly made me laugh. Also asking for a pandora-phone at the factory.

Thanks man :lol:

Sorry to go Off-Topic, but does this commercial seem... Droidish, to you?
http://www.sidetalkin.com/InteralUseOnly-ST.mov

I always wondered about an adapter for a SIM card in the SD slot... not so sure it's possible, but would be pretty awesome if somebody knew how :lol:
But seriously, hacking a Pandora into a phone from the inside isn't worth it IMHO when we have free Internet calling applications, just get a 3G dongle. Hacking in cell phone parts is like adding in telegraph components IMHO, made useless by e-mail/Twitter/W/E you think, and would be better to just use a dongle. Hacking the dongle into the Pandora strikes me as a good idea (but could be awkward switching carriers.)

Internal USB port so ppl can add what ever they like and not have it poking out. Would need to make the pandy bigger to accommodate though :p

With my mobile phone and my pandora both ringing at the same time in a public place,id just seem like an overloaded
techie twat.And would that be bad for the envoirment(seems everything is right now)Wait what if we paint the pandora green.Then we could sell it to the military as a Weapon of mass pandora.Money..................

wrath of khan said:
With my mobile phone and my pandora both ringing at the same time in a public place,id just seem like an overloaded
techie twat.And would that be bad for the envoirment(seems everything is right now)Wait what if we paint the pandora green.Then we could sell it to the military as a Weapon of mass pandora.Money..................

Just put it into a box and mark do not open!

Yes, but you'll have to cut your bread up into very small pieces so that it will fit into the SD slots. This is a portable machine, after all.

I personally want them to add a music keyboard so I can use it and form a band of Pandora-toting musicians, electroclash of course. I'd call the band Metallic Orange.

Despellanion said:
I want a toaster in mine.
I just call the factory and ask them to weld one straight in there, right? :D
Or even better SMS2Toast(tm)!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udlxr8t1nZM

Note: it has english subtitles if you activated them.

This was one of the funniest threads I've ever read on here :D I applaud (almost) all of you for your unbelievable patience but have to give credit to ethereal for not going down without a fight!

Indeed, I created an account just to say that too, Tickles.

(It's a good idea, however. But I'm sure it won't happen for at least another two years, if at all.)

Yeah I've been reading these forums since sometime before they started taking Pandora pre-orders and never bothered to post before, but this had me laughing so much it was the least I could do :) It would be nice, but as others have pointed out there are a lot of other things that would be too - I'd prefer a built in projector over a phone but I don't think it's gonna happen :p

You should just find the factory's website and drop them a line, Tickles. ;)

Thanks Alerino, I'll probably add my two pence more often now I've already joined. I'll let you all know once I've spoke to the Pandora factory and told them to make the changes. I think a camera's a must too, and why not a photo printer while we're at it? Shouldn't take them long to sort it out for me :rolleyes:

Back