Pyra Website Design Ideas

At http://www.pyra-handheld.com/index.html, the text on there needs to be cleaned up a little more. Some further proofreading is needed when time permits:

"One of the most important part is the community - a small company could NEVER provide the manpower for all the software you could possibly need."

Also, focus on what the Pyra will do and not the excuses for any perceived negatives. Specifically, talk only about the vibrant 720p screen instead of the sensible reasons a 1080p display isn't advantageous for a 5"+ screen. 

Additionally, advertising DS and PSP emulation openly on the homepage should probably be nixed. 

mytwocents.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the current page does a good job already. What I think could be improved are the following:

1. For some reason I think the top links would work easier on a touch device (phone/tablet) if they are under each other, not next to each other.

Maybe they can be put on the left of the big red bar. Most (eastern) people also read from left to right, starting almost at the left right corner.

2. Transform links to buttons, also on touch devices it is nicer to have a bigger area to touch than trying to hit specific underlined text.

For example put some buttons under the 3 articles to navigate for example to Community.

Content wise I would put a picture of the device (or render, as it isn't finished yet) and a photo of the pandora (as it is referenced a lot).

People coming to this page might not even know anything about these devices, it should be mentioned very clearly it is a portable gaming device.

The first line currently already mentions it's a pocket device for computing/gaming/etc, but to create a clearer context for people that haven't seen anything like this before a picture or a better visual description would be very handy.

Also people are lazy, just put summary information (if important) instead of a link as reference. In this case there is a reference to the OpenPandora, this is very important. As it gives a good view what to expect from the Pyra. Put a photo or description of the OpenPandora there, also what makes the OpenPandora so good and the Pyra even better.

Also, if possible, enable 'keep alive' on the server. This will speed up loading a bit for the site. Same for caching, for some reason no expiry date is set which might cause content not to cache. As this page won't change each minute cache of a few days probably reduces load and speeds up the site.

Also compress the photo of the PCB a bit, it isn't large but you can squeeze out a few more bits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back