Q: Warranty At 800Mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
borgqueenx said:
mali said:
craigix said:
That's good.

Alas now we will have to have quite a strict policy about overclocking, and are probably going to have to drop the PND format.

Oh well, it's better to hammer out these issues now I guess.
You finally learn how business works. Great! Should have done further research much earlier. Btw, your nonsense talking scares off one customer per minute. Bite the bullet and replace _evetually_ broken Pandoras with your own money. That way you are the one suffering for incompetence and not the community.
now why post this?
Its simply not nice to say this.
It's a fair complaint. Craig is leading a business. He has to face topics that are unpleasant for him as well, he's not 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
mali said:
craigix said:
That's good.

Alas now we will have to have quite a strict policy about overclocking, and are probably going to have to drop the PND format.

You finally learn how business works. Great! Should have done further research much earlier. Btw, your nonsense talking scares off one customer per minute. Bite the bullet and replace _evetually_ broken Pandoras with your own money. That way you are the one suffering for incompetence and not the community.
now why post this?

Well if this was a dutch forum a lot of deceases and death threats would have been uttered

mali said:
craigix said:
That's good.

I've no idea what you just said, but I'm happy it's all over.

Updates on PND issue later today after we have talked about it.

borgqueenx said:
now why post this?
I'm angry that's all. This whole bla bla won't change anything anyway, business as usual just on the other side of the fence this time. I always say to my children, tomorrow is a new day and the quarrel will be forgotten.
craigix said:
I've no idea what you just said, but I'm happy it's all over.

Updates on PND issue later today after we have talked about it.
So be it.

craigix said:
That's good.

I agree. Glad everyone's back to being buds. :)

craigix said:
Alas now we will have to have quite a strict policy about overclocking,

Sounds good. Get all policies out in the open, and everyone will know what to expect in the future. Better safe than sorry. :)

craigix said:
and are probably going to have to drop the PND format.

This makes me sad... :(

I've never had to use warranty my electronic devices tend to break just after the warranty runs out. And I'll probably lose the original bill and hence have no idea about when my warranty ends.

calc84maniac said:
What, no more PNDs?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Wait... it's a totally open system right? If the community and developers support it it can still be implemented (but technically this would be unofficial).

Patching the firmware yourself doesn't void the warrenty right? :huh:

borgqueenx said:
well now that you are both a bit more calm i suggest that craig makes his final statement about what the warrenty will become concerning MHZ and overclocking, and then lock the topic.

Well I feel a bit shit saying this but we may have to say you can't overclock.

I'm sure we will internally talk about this and post a full statement on it.

craigix said:
borgqueenx said:
well now that you are both a bit more calm i suggest that craig makes his final statement about what the warrenty will become concerning MHZ and overclocking, and then lock the topic.

I say overclocking should affect the warranty if and only if the Pandora's CPU gets fried. I mean, I'd like to overclock (which from all accounts seems pretty safe without overvolting) but if my USB port breaks I'd like to be able to replace it.

borgqueenx said:
so what the thing now:
overclocking over 600mhz means warrenty gone?
craig, can you please confirm?

I can't confirm anything until I've spoke to the other team members at length.

borgqueenx said:
so what the thing now:
overclocking over 600mhz means warrenty gone?
craig, can you please confirm?

You have to wait. They need to talk with TI and among themselves. This will take at least a week to decide.

cosurgi said:
If Texas Instruments give certificate for X MHz (was that 800MHz, or 900MHz) couldn't you just forward the warranty request to them?
I already said, it's 600. That is as high as TI will say they go. It could go as high as 2Ghz for all anyone knows, or fail at 601MHz. They just say that it will run at 600 without failure (although they don't recommend running it at that speed for very long either)
If you want faster, you need to buy one of their 720 chips. They guarantee those up to 720MHz. Again, they may clock way up high, or fail at 721, but they will definitely run at 720. We are not getting the 720 chips as they didn't exist at the time, and are also much more expensive even now. We are getting 600s.

Its very sad that it had to come to this, this was a very interesting project for the last 3 years.
I enjoyed helping out and working with really nice people, unfortunately you as self proclaimed project leader arent on of them.
You craigix, have been quite aggressive to customers on the board for some time now, that is not the way you keep a community happy and motivate people to work for _FREE_ on the project.
Also if i remember right you still own some gbax compo prices to some devs.

I'm sad that this went down this way
I'm sad the people like mw faith and ed will suffer for your arrogance.
I hope that those people who stayed loyal to this afford will get the money they invested back.
I hope that the devs who spent lots of time on this will some day get some reward for this.
I'm sad that i have to leave this project now as i just cant justify spending my own short time and therefore money anymore knowing that in the end it will benefit a person like you.

A few minutes ago i canceled my order with ed and gave ownership of my code to Skeezix, he is free to do whatever he wants with it and license it under his terms.

I want a pandora, i love the hardware and the os, its a great device and everything a homebrew fanatic could ever dream off but i cant justify giving any money into hands of a person like craigix.

Bye guys, it was fun while it lasted, i hope some day you all get the device you dreamed of.

craigix said:
borgqueenx said:

would be nice if you could do a blog post about this soon.
I'd be overclocking anyways, and im sure you will recommend to do this if the pandora gets better, but just tell the pandora will be out of warrenty with those higher speeds.
however when the pandora can reach 720mhz according to texas instruments, i would allow it under warrenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back