• Razer Switchblade

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Gaming Laptop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some Random Other One

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

WizardStan said:
As has been discussed to death many times over, only those with a long history of soldering practice and the right tools could maybe possibly consider thinking about changing things. That assumes you can get ahold of a larger RAM package (hint, it wouldn't be easy, or cheap)
As those with Pandoras can attest, 256MB is actually a LOT of RAM. Whatever you think you need that much RAM for, you don't. There are some restrictions, yeah: you can't open dozens of tabs in Firefox or Chrome; can't edit really large and complex images; ... ok, those're really the only things I can think of. There's kind of a plateau when it comes to RAM: below this level, there are things you really can't do; above this level, you can do anything, it simply is that the more RAM you have, the more of these things you can do at once.

just seems strange when most phones have more ram then this device....

Last edited by a moderator:
aesir911 said:
just seems strange when most phones have more ram then this device....
My HTC Desire Z has 512MB of RAM. I'm currently using 51MB of that. They could have only put 256MB of RAM into this thing and it still would have been more than enough. It's more for the sake of having more, not because it's actually needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back