This is tight

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/14/ocosmos-ocs-1-oak-trail-meets-windows-7-in-a-5-inch-gaming-hand/

I really like this a lot. I know it doesnt have numbs etc and I am not calling it a pandora replacement. It is something that I want though just like the pandora. mame on this badboy would be awsome. I still think the controls need work but this is a step in the right direction.
If you dropped the joysticks and allowed the screen to flip right over the keyboard instead of just sliding a little, it would be frickin perfect for me.

Nice! I want that as a phone. Please be a phone...

Edit: Hmmm, maybe not. It's a bit bigger than I thought: Link Make it smaller! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
ITT: "if it were like every other phone it'd be perfect!"

I don't know why people even want their phones x86. This is one of the few applications where x86 even makes sense.

ITT: "if it were like every other phone it'd be perfect!"

I don't know why people even want their phones x86. This is one of the few applications where x86 even makes sense.

Basically because I don't want a phone. I hate cellphones. I want a umpc that fits in your pocket. I just want to drop the wasted space (IMO) from the joysticks, and allow the thing to fold over to protect the screen.

Convergence. The average-joe (no offense) dreams about having a pocketable Windows, playing games, making phone calls and taking pictures/videos.
Actually I'd prefer it if it wasn't Windows, I just like the form factor. Well, if it was a little smaller I would.

Convergence. The average-joe (no offense) dreams about having a pocketable Windows, playing games, making phone calls and taking pictures/videos.
Yeah, what he said. If it has a phone even better, cuz my dumbass work makes me have a cellphone and I hate f-ing cellphones! Whoever thought it was a good idea to have everyone be able to get ahold of you when you are out of the house was a retard!

No, people are saying "drop the controls." Guys, there are plenty of devices out there that already have that form factor. If you're thinking that you'll save money by getting this instead of a phone with a keyboard, I somehow doubt it. I have a good feeling this will cost > $500.

No, people are saying "drop the controls." Guys, there are plenty of devices out there that already have that form factor. If you're thinking that you'll save money by getting this instead of a phone with a keyboard, I somehow doubt it. I have a good feeling this will cost > $500.
I would be interested in a phone with a keyboard and basic gaming controls (for a few minutes of NES or Gameboy while I wait for a train or whatever), like this but smaller. If it's too pricey I'll leave it, no big deal.

A good portable computer to me is all screen and keyboard and no wasted space, and this thing has the specs to be useful, assuming they can pull off the battery life they claim, but it is too big, and the gaming controls look useless for playing PC games on (and not as good as the pandora for any other games). Can you imagine playing starcraft on those controls?

Phones aren't good for work, projects, coding, email, remote desktop, etc mostly because their resolution sucks and the keyboards are not usable and they have no interface ports.

This looks alllot like the original "Pandora" design we did when it was going to be a new GPH made model.

gp2xm3.png

Back