People are watching us...

Well, it has a 7inch touchscreen, so it's as big as a regular netbook. And netbooks can play WoW as well, so what's the deal here?

as big as a net book is to big in my oppinion and i honestly could care less about WoW im not big on the pay to play seen that why i rock a ps# and not a 360 cause i think that whole concept is crap and im sure a seen that size scratch that to screens that size probably kill the batt life on that thing

edit: ok they might be a bunch of littel screen on the bottom but that still has to eat up batt life

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Switchblade open-source => No.

Does Switchblade run Linux out of the box => No

Does Switchblade have nubs => No

Does Switchblade have 2 years delay => Not yet, but we can help then :D

Does Switchblade powerd by an ARM proc => No

Does Switchblade have 10-14 hours battery life => No

Pandora does, Pandora WIN !

It's all just one big commercial, and nothing concrete even exists.

The only thing you have seen are renders of a possible prototype. And that for a hardware king like Razer.

*typed on a Razer keyboard*

*clicked on "Add reply" with a Razer mouse*

1) Engadget have a hands on

2) Those renders are photos

3) Razer hardware is a joke, played on gamers who wouldn't know good peripherals if you hit them with an IBM Model M.

I don't get it. It's just a netbook - nothing new that I can see apart from the visually impressive but functionally questionable "LCD keyboard". No gaming controls = nothing much like Pandora.

1) Engadget have a hands on

2) Those renders are photos

3) Razer hardware is a joke, played on gamers who wouldn't know good peripherals if you hit them with an IBM Model M.

I can agree with number one and two, although I think Engadget just poops out random stuff all day long to satisfy its investors.

Number three however, is a little over the edge. Razer might be primarily aimed at gamers (with lots of nonsense terms on the site and packaging), but there's definitely some quality to be found in several of their products (both accuracy and build quality). But more so in the older hardware. An IBM Model M keyboard is something totally different (clickety-clackety spring technology) than todays keyboard technologies. But hey, no offense, I almost bought a replica Model M keyboard instead of my current Razer one. They are indeed the best in typing and build quality, but also have sound effects that wake up the whole neighborhood. :lol:

Also, hitting someone on the head with such a thing might cause an instakill.

Anyways, I was just trying to say that I liked Razer for a good amount of time, but lately they are just releasing some really weird stuff.

My IBM Model M keyboard is the talk of all my Cubicle buddies at work..

I remember owning one of these several years before the Pandora was conceived. :p

http://ultrahandheldpc.com/images/libretto_100ct.jpg

Used it for games, too, of course. :p
Nice example, but I must admit that I was thinking even further back than that!

I can remember someone giving me unwanted copies of Psion User magazine*, which I would get absorbed in, reading not only about the computing uses of the machines (the Series 3, which was roughly Pandora-sized, was the main model at the time) but also about the games that were available, and wishing there were more because that would have given me even more reason to buy one.

*(If my memory serves me correctly, Psion User magazine had something of a community going on in the letters pages, which I must admit I'm somewhat reminded of by this community. :p )

My IBM Model M keyboard is the talk of all my Cubicle buddies at work..
You can hear them talk over the noise from the keyboard? :lol:

(I have one too, manufactured on 23 March 1988. I like it quite a bit, but it's not exactly quiet. :p )

Do you think they'll copy the two month rolling deadline that has made the Pandora so successful?

I've never been a Razer fan, they just churn out unnecessary light-up crapola and have even ripped off a design or too. I'm a SteelSeries fan and think the 7G keyboard is awesome-sauce. That said, I've been through 2 SteelSeries Ikari laser mice over the last few years- they're both having mouse button sticking/responsiveness problems (not making a strong case here, am I). The Xai is better, though.

I wonder if this Razer thingamagamingamabub will work with a Magic Trackpad- need a lap-friendly mouse for on-the-go gaming to really work.

Remember this is a concept (NOT a prototype). My guess is that it was Intel's baby, and is designed to sell chips to device manufacturers. Intel are desperate to steal some of the mobile buzz back from ARM. In other words - vaporware.

Back