Redundancy?

Looks like I'm going to have to adjust my RSS stalker for these forums too :p

Without living on the old forums(got lame about half a year ago), but still paying attention to all your posts, I got the gist that it was getting pretty bad there.

You guys are quite right about GPH, They really don't know what the community wants... In my opinion, bad business practice.

I think it is best that such a split take place.

Yes, we have flown the nest. I got the impression we might be forced to live in the basement if we stayed there any longer :)

I had no idea of all the shenanigans (spelling?) going on in the background - although I've much less time to trawl forums these days... I always had a suspicion that running a business essentially over an open forum wouldn't work out too well... I did enjoy our detours into other things like electric cars and stuff like that though...

Well, I may be accused of repeating myself but, I for one welcome our new forum overlords!

:)

Rick

Much went on behind the scenes before this split was created. A stalemate had been reached, my own posts were being deleted or edited, and the adding of that sig to my post was the final straw. Some mods might have found it funny but this is our livelihood. My account on gp32x has, or will be deleted. It's over. That kind of modding can stay there with the 4chan generation which seems to be taking over.

But talk about that can remain over at gp32x, what we really want here is a fresh forum which I hope can be more like gp32x used to be.

That's really a good decision. I hope, this board is a new start for a good community.

Oh craig, I was asking because it seems that people like exophase and davec haven't joined and they were fairly big on the old fourms.

Yeah, in fact, is there a way to reserve some of those names for those guys? Lest someone who thinks it funny "steal" those names before they have a chance to register.

Also, would it be possible to move a few of the uber-popular threads over here? The youtube video thread and news threads come to mind...

*first post*

euh, i mean, to bad this stuff happens. Anyhow i never went outside subforum 61 anyway on gp2x.

I hope the board on gp2x is considered killed, because i'm really not going to F5 2 forums.

Good Luck with your new place craigix.

For the time being I will post my Anki port updates on both boards... If we have a "clear winner" (for example, when the openhandhelds forum was created, it never gathered enough people away from GP32X) I'll continue posting on whichever forum "wins"

When it's ready for release instead of beta, it'll go in the app store of course.

For the time being I will post my Anki port updates on both boards... If we have a "clear winner" (for example, when the openhandhelds forum was created, it never gathered enough people away from GP32X) I'll continue posting on whichever forum "wins"
The main problem with that forum I believe was that it used different forum software and people ended up feeling a little lost.

This one on the other hand feels more like home.. but with a couple of cool new features :D

When it's ready for release instead of beta, it'll go in the app store of course.

I could actually see this type of behavior, if a bunch of people follow suit, prevent this forum from becoming the "winner." Don't get me wrong, it's understandable, but I fear that if enough people do this, there won't be much of a reason for people to start visiting these forums in stead. :\

Back