Redundancy?

hi,

what about all the links from the wiki pointing to faq and how-to gpx32-threads ?

I hope that this decision will be worth the confusion it causes.

besides craig wanted a new forum for his icontrol anyway.

if not the mods of gpx32, he would have found another reason ;)

greetings

For the wiki, I would prefer the how-tos to be written there, since it is easier to keep up to date. Here is a good place for questions, the wiki makes a better reference. If someone writes something good, it will be linked regardless of where it is hosted.

I hope this forum catches on, I don't really want to check multiple Pandora forums each day.

I, for one, welcome our new forum.

Ah, I love the smell of fresh forum in the morning.

I think that's usually considered "2.5D". But really, that's 3D. The third dimension is just much smaller than the other two.

So I started out in this community on the gp32x forums in the GP2X(the first one) days. It went down, windows virus or something, so Chip made a forum, I liked it. Then the virus was fixed so we all went back to the gp2x forum. Now there are too many trolls on that forum so we jumped ship again. How long until this boat sinks?

I haven't gotten my Pandora yet but do those have a serial number or something? Maybe we can have a forum for JUST Pandora owners. That would get rid of a lot of the Troll problems.

So I started out in this community on the gp32x forums in the GP2X(the first one) days. It went down, windows virus or something, so Chip made a forum, I liked it. Then the virus was fixed so we all went back to the gp2x forum. Now there are too many trolls on that forum so we jumped ship again. How long until this boat sinks?
Craig and Co. need an official forum for the business so I wouldn't worry too much about them closing this one down :)

But what about people that haven't ordered a pandora yet?
Well, that is sorta the point, when you get one you would be able to be on the forums.

Craig and Co. need an official forum for the business so I wouldn't worry too much about them closing this one down :)
I'd be fine if we have to move again, it's not a big deal. I'm confused though, doesn't Craig own www.gp32x.de? I always thought he did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? Don't you like the forums to be open for people to ask and share? I don't get it.
We already have these forums and the one's at gp32x.de that are open, it would just be cool to have forums that only Pandora owners could post at. I don't know, maybe it is a bad idea.

I get where you're coming from, but there may not be a troll problem on these new boards (if we don't feed them!). I think it's better for the community to allow anyone interested in the Pandora to join in, whether they own one yet or not.

I think gp32x is owned by someone named hando and he made evildragon admin.
Yeah Hando owns gp32x.de.

The trouble with that is that even though ED is admin on the site and can do things like add members or create forums etc., he can't really make any improvements to the site or forum software.

That's a little restrictive for a company to use IMO.

I found this site once, but had to search through my history to find it again! A link from the Pandora website is definately needed. Fortunately, I've bookmarked it now.

Back