Reordering Deadline

PoisonedV said:
Ok good, that's what I thought at first but then I examined it closer and thought otherwise. I was about to rage hardcore.
You would not be alone - wifey place our repreorder earlier today - though whether it was before Craig's post or after I do not know. I'm looking forward to a confirmation email, but would be most displeased to see the price-promise compromised.

Last edited by a moderator:
From ED's gp2x.de shop
"Pandora Handheld 299.00EUR*
This product will be in stock on Wednesday 01 April, 2009."

Interesting!!

Will be mailing in the payment on Saturday. Also will reply to the reorder email that day to let them know I sent it. I have absolutely no idea how long a letter takes from Michigan to UK. Since Craig said they'll be flexible, I assume I would be ok even if it arrives a few days after the deadline.

Hi,

Just a quick question (sorry if it's been asked before). I know you can't order a pandora using a credit card but is it possible to order additional extra's like tv out cables or SD card using your credit card just leaving the main pandora itself as a bank transfer?

YokoZar said:
Xoom will not work -- your transaction will automatically be cancelled. Xoom customer service told me that that company (OpenPandora ltd) cannot receive funds for some reason - but would not tell me any more than that.

These sort of things ruin the name of OpenPandora. Why OP don't address this sort of stuff baffles me as it makes them look dodgy (which I'm sure they're not, but it doesn't help with the wider perception)
todd said:
However, it sounds like OP is warming up to checks/money orders. Let them know yours is coming and you have a very inexpensive way to pay.
OP are warming to any method that actually gets them the money. From a business perspective I understand, but again it does not look good to those on the fringe.
Marko said:
From ED's gp2x.de shop

Interesting!!
Nor do 'jokes' like this.

I love the concept of Pandora, but do they not understand wider public perception at all?

pawprints said:
Just a quick question (sorry if it's been asked before). I know you can't order a pandora using a credit card bult is it possible to order additional extra's like tv out cables or SD card using your credit card just leaving the main pandora itself as a bank transfer?
No.

If they could, I would already ordered 3*32gb card by credit card and asked them to convert that to a Pandora + accessories. ;)

Marko said:
From ED's gp2x.de shop

Interesting!!
Naaaah, not interesting. I HAVE to set a date in my shopsystem, so I just picked one that should work out ;)

Last edited:
TaG said:
I love the concept of Pandora, but do they not understand wider public perception at all?
It's been confusing me for some time. ED at least seems to have a great sense of humour, but neither his humour nor Craig's occasional "bombshell posting" really seem to do much to shore up the professionalism of the project.

I'm in. I have re-pre-ordered. My money is gone... but still I can't say that it doesn't LOOK like a confidence trick.

I keep wanting to discuss just how bad it LOOKS and how con jobs work, but have been reluctant to for fear of further damaging the projects chances (or, of course, simply being pounded into the ground by "the faithful" who would probably have none of that!). I hope that the release of the Pandora goes really, REALLY well, and that my unit is an excellent example of the promise it holds, so that I can look back and say why - as a retrospective - so much that the team did is exactly what a con merchant would do. Including - in fact especially - the refunds.

EvilDragon said:
Marko said:
From ED's gp2x.de shop

Interesting!!
Naaaah, not interesting. I HAVE to set a date in my shopsystem, so I just picked one that should work out ;)

Since you've mentioned the date with wry humour before, I contend that it's still interesting!

And a date that should work out - andy date that should work out - is interesting from the point of view of any of us customers who can hope to be receiving a :pandora1: by around then!

tzn said:
I don't really get it with all the confusion going on. When preorders started on sep 30 I ordered a pandora on gp2x.de/shop (I'm from germany) and chose "cash on delivery".
Trust me, if I had the option to do CoD, I'd be on like Donkey Kong...literally.

PoisonedV said:
...I was about to rage hardcore.
Damn! Why couldn't you guys have messed with him a little. This would've been epic I tell you. :)

Frogboy said:
tzn said:
I don't really get it with all the confusion going on. When preorders started on sep 30 I ordered a pandora on gp2x.de/shop (I'm from germany) and chose "cash on delivery".
Trust me, if I had the option to do CoD, I'd be on like Donkey Kong...literally.

Not sur eI even WANT to know what you mean... but I'd have been all over that offer like a dung beetle to mammal excrement.

Frogboy said:
PoisonedV said:
...I was about to rage hardcore.
Damn! Why couldn't you guys have messed with him a little. This would've been epic I tell you. :)

Because the board has been as much like a soap opera as we can take already!

ddran said:
Ok perfect timing I just got paid and want to reorder a pandora. I was refunded 293.51 and would like to know if I can pay via Money order or do I have to do a bank transfer? And how would OP know it was from me on the money order? do i have to include a note with the order number in the envelope.
Yes, you can make out the MO in the amount of $293.51. We need some way to tie your payment to your order, so including the order number is pretty important. If you could also include your email and/or mailing address, it will make things easier for us.

Couple of simple questions.. Firstly you offering New orders for the Pandora's that people don't re order.
How do you know until the 7 days are up who will re-order and how many you can allocate to new orders?

This leads to my next question.

I am going to re-order next Thu that's in 6 days, so within the 7 days.. that should be ok right? And i will get a Pandora and it won't be allocated to NEW orders until after the 7 days are up and I haven't re-ordered by then?

Monk said:
Frogboy said:
Not sur eI even WANT to know what you mean... but I'd have been all over that offer like a dung beetle to mammal excrement.

Meaning I'd start throwing barrels at plumbers at every given opportunity.

jabz said:
...you offering New orders for the Pandora's that people don't re order.
How do you know until the 7 days are up who will re-order and how many you can allocate to new orders?
If I'm right, it probably won't matter. There will be enough.

Frogboy said:
Monk said:
Frogboy said:

Meaning I'd start throwing barrels at plumbers at every given opportunity.

Ah - well, couldn't you do that anyway? I mean... it's not like plumbers don't earn enough to make them valid sport...

jabz said:
...you offering New orders for the Pandora's that people don't re order.
Perhaps there have been enough people actually responding "No, I am not re-pre-ordering" via email to make it valid? Or perhaps OP will be willing to take 5000 pre-orders for the first batch now, if it comes to that? Or maybe they are willing to buy an even BETTER home in the Bahamas if they can run off with even MORE money? ;)

We've had enough cancellations to at least start taking new orders. Once those have all sold we'll wait a week and see how many defaulted reorders there are and sell those too.

I preordered and would like to reorder, but the last email I got was that my money had been refunded. How the heck would I have found out about the reorder deadline if I had not checked the site? I've been waiting on another email with instructions for weeks.

Also, how would I send a check if I'm in the states and be within the deadline?

timwylie said:
I preordered and would like to reorder, but the last email I got was that my money had been refunded. How the heck would I have found out about the reorder deadline if I had not checked the site? I've been waiting on another email with instructions for weeks.

Also, how would I send a check if I'm in the states and be within the deadline?
Reorder emails are still being sent out. If you didn't get one yet, you will soon. A check sent via airmail only takes a couple days to get to the UK.

Back