Reordering Deadline

to be honest, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is not keen to pay cash-in-hand for something that is not released yet, not even finished production yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm very enthusiastic about buying one, and if I still can't wait in a few days, I might just take one of those supposed spare units on the first batch!

But I'm guessing a lot of people are feeling the same thing, they don't want to put their hopes on cash, which "could be a scam" with no security. (baring in mind, I don't even have a credit card, I was just going to wait until the second batch, but I'm getting over excited right now)

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is a scam, it is the longest, most convoluted, least profitable scam in history. In that case, I take pity on the those perpetrating the scam for their stupidity. They can have my money, and I claim karma points.
I have faith that Craigix, ED, MWeston... the other guys on the team whom I'm forgetting... are not blathering idiots who recognize that this scam couldn't possibly be worth the risks incurred.

I "MAY" be attempting to get my money back off them in a few weeks, depending on how far away the estimated delivery of the units is, as I leave the country to travel the world sometime in early May. I'm sure my experiences will help many to determine if it's a scam or not.

'WizardStan' said:
If this is a scam, it is the longest, most convoluted, least profitable scam in history.
3000 units at 200 quid a pop is 600,000 quid... I'd say that's pretty profitable by anyone's standard!

(not saying that this is the case, or something I believe... just pointing out that as theoretical scams go it's both convoluted AND profitable)

developing a prototype is expensive,
and if theyve done the work they might aswell release it as a console

also 600,000 quid, shared out against how many people, for 2 half years of hard work. BUGGER ALL

remember if the prototype was a fraud then all the devs showing there apps running

then those getting OMAP3 (im sure theres some sort of licensing etc, and Texas Insturmentals, would have needed to be in contact)

the customer staff is working allnight and day for 600,000/n, i dont think so

its not a fraud theres also various other reasons why i believe its not a fraud, to many to list, the only thing is if they got or will get into trouble

I did my payment by bank transfer a month ago and i
Still didn't get confirmation , i emailed the girls few times and no answers...
Im Starting to get anxious now. :(

The people at the bank said from 48 hours to a week... a month is far more than i expected :S...

What do i do if my money just vanished in the wind?
I mean i still have my paper saying all the information that a bank transfer was made.

'Mr.Gonzo' said:

The people at the bank said from 48 hours to a week... a month is far more than i expected :S...

I mean i still have my paper saying all the information that a bank transfer was made.
Talk to your bank and ask if the transfer really did go through.

Can you remember the details and info you used for the bank transfer?

I don't want to create a new thread... But pictures of the final build ready yet? I thought Chip was hoping that they'd get pictures by this week.

lobski said:
I don't want to create a new thread... But pictures of the final build ready yet? I thought Chip was hoping that they'd get pictures by this week.

They are waiting for the cnc which should be there at the end of the week.

'MiL0' said:
'WizardStan' said:
If this is a scam, it is the longest, most convoluted, least profitable scam in history.
3000 units at 200 quid a pop is 600,000 quid... I'd say that's pretty profitable by anyone's standard!

(not saying that this is the case, or something I believe... just pointing out that as theoretical scams go it's both convoluted AND profitable)

I don't believe it's a scam either - and OpenPandora have my cash if that's indicative of my personal feelings on the issue... but...

{snip}

It all comes down to you trust the guys behind Pandora, or you don't. There is no completely independant information on the amount of pre-paid orders they have received, or very much of anything. There's no proof either way. Most big scams ARE convoluted - it's called "the long con". I don't believe this is an example of such, personally.

I would be truly stunned if this were a con. Communications and planning fiasco maybe...

'TaG' said:
I would be truly stunned if this were a con. Communications and planning fiasco maybe...
Haha, fiasco is the best word to use.

I'm not complaning! Not only am I paying for a Pandora, I'm getting the pre-Pandora experience too, free!

'lobski' said:
The "current status" on the front page of openpandora.org has been updated. It seems the CNC will be finished Feb 25th.

So I don't think we will see pics this week of the final prototype. First week of March is our best bet, but second week of March maybe more likely. It has to ship from China to Canada. And with all the other time that passed to ship stuff around the globe, I think we can be certain they aren't using "Next-Day" air option. Even when I was plotting out a long road-map I didn't factor this into being a problem. It's amazing how OP can never catch a break.

Money has to be super tight if they can't even afford next-day air. It took forever for Mike to get that FDM case.

(naw)mcx posted on Feb 21 2009 at 05:57 PM said:
'TaG' said:

I'm not complaning! Not only am I paying for a Pandora, I'm getting the pre-Pandora experience too, free!

Wow, that's almost as good as my beaten-and-raped experience, which I also got free!

'PoisonedV' said:
(naw)mcx said:
'TaG' said:

Wow, that's almost as good as my beaten-and-raped experience, which I also got free!

Could help explain the attitude.

Mr.Gonzo and Patrick,

I too wired money from my bank and after two weeks OpenPandora had not received the funds. When I inquired at my bank about it, they put a tracer on it an found that it had failed due to a human not processing it correctly. Apparently wire transfers from my bank follow this path before it gets to the FED...

My Bank --> Some Organization --> FED

Somebody at Some Organization failed to approve the transfer propery (someting about forgetting to put her pin number into some field on a form before she submitted it). I got a phone call from this person an hour after I visited my bank stating that she had correctly approved the transfer, so it should be going out.

Anyway, the point is that you bank should be able to help you determine the point of failure. Especially if you paid some fee for the transfer. I paid $50 USD for mine and it got screwed up (that seem a little expensive to you?)! At the very least, they should be able to give you a "control number" that would help OpenPandora track it down.

Still waiting on my confirmation email. I figure I'll start bugging the Pandora ladies again middle of next week. They must be sick of me by now...

--Phil

'Mr.Gonzo' said:

PoisonedV "Wow, that's almost as good as my beaten-and-raped experience, which I also got free!"

Pics please :eek:

Back