Shipping Of The Pandoras

aesir911

aesir triumphs
I know this has been addressed many times, but instead of resurrecting an old post (since most get angry about that) I decided to post a new question. Everyone has been given an order number, but I know there was controversy on whether or not they were going to ship it in that particular order. Are the plans for shipment (once the first part of the first batch are assembled) by payment order or country/border/region? Also, since there have been some cancellations, does that move you up in the list, or do they just reassign someone to that number, because it seems like a hassle since many past the 1,000 mark have canceled.

I know this has been addressed many times
Enough that if you were paying attention, you'd know the answer to your questions.

Nevertheless:
  • There's a queue. Your place in the queue is not directly related to your order number.
  • As people cancel orders, those behind them in the queue move up.
  • Simple, eh? :)

Line O said:
I know this has been addressed many times
Enough that if you were paying attention, you'd know the answer to your questions.

Nevertheless:
  • There's a queue. Your place in the queue is not directly related to your order number.
  • As people cancel orders, those behind them in the queue move up.
  • Simple, eh? :)

sorry, haven't logged on in quite a while. little bit behind with the updates...

Last edited by a moderator:
Line O said:
Fair enough. It's only been like that for 18 months or more. :D

updates happen... especially with this project. plus it'll help the curious. touche though, touche.

borgqueenx said:
Curious about a expected shipping date for the 1000-2000... Whats been told about this?

nothing yet i don't think. i mean, c'mon, craigix JUST built the first one, let the guy wake up at least :p

We'll probably ship using the post count on these boards :)

..... naaah, way too much work, I guess we just ship in order of ordering date :)

EvilDragon said:
WOOHOO!

EvilDragon said:
..... naaah, way too much work, I guess we just ship in order of ordering date :)
STILL WOOHOO!
:D

Wizardstan's expression right now:
ObamaSmug.jpg

EvilDragon said:

*shivers* Almost had a heart attack after the first bit! (As I was literally sad enough to take a day off work F5'ing the day preorders went live)

Remember 'order number' is not an easily quantified thing -- several stores were at play, so you can't compare order numbers across stores. ie: different number schemes and base.

Hence its sequence by order-date; your first thought is 'hopefully some kind soul has ordered things correctly across stores and time-zones', but then you remember .. each 'store' (EDs, versus GBAX, versus..?), have different allotments (percentage of the pie), and ED might be in Korea the first few days, and other considerations.

So my guess is .. it'll "more or less be by order date, with some fudging because its not a perfect world"

(I'm very excited too; I ordered within the first 5 minutes. And I do have a dev proto pandora, but remember it has a botched LCD, no wifi, and busted power switch. So I'm very much looking forward to my retail units where things are not all a shades of blue with red-leaking over one side of the screen ;)

jeff

This is going to be such an exciting couple of weeks :)

EvilDragon said:

Probably the easiest way to go is to ship in alphabetical order by first name.

-Andy

VRAndy said:
EvilDragon said:

-Andy

*lol* Nicely done; So awesome, you get all the memes:

"+1"

"I see what you did there"

"In Soviet Russia, Pandora orders you!"

"I for one welcome our new Pandorian overlords"

jeff

VRAndy said:

-Andy
ROFL! That's a great idea, but I think it should go by last name. :lol:

-C. Austin

jumpman said:
VRAndy said:

-Andy
ROFL! That's a great idea, but I think it should go by last name. :lol:

-C. Austin

time to get my name legally changed to Aaron Abbott

Back