Shipping?

Manguitom

Still Fresh
Hi, sorry if this is my first post but I just wanted to make sure I made the right choice...
My main question is if the Pandora could be delivered to Argentina and if the price of the shipment is gonna be high, i don't mind paying 400 (not over) for a thing like this.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Manguitom. This is my first post here too.

Well, I had no problem ordering mine - and I'm from Perú, so we are kind of neighbors :p.

Yep, you really should mail the sales team (openpandorasales@gmail.com). But as a personal experience, air mail shipping is cheaper, but takes longer. I chosed UPS shipping: a bit more expensive, but it's faster and, I think, more reliable.

Also you should check how much your local bank might charge you for an international transfer of money. Besides that... well, I think that covers it.

Bye.

So, let me see if I got it:
1: I order the pandora,
2: I transfer money to their account,
3: When the pandora is released shipment is made,
4: I receive it at home?

How's everything with customs, any tax I should pay or it's only those $330 and 50 for shipment?

The OpenPandora team will most likely be unable to give you information about taxes. You should Google this kind of information or, even better, check your country laws regarding import taxes.

'Manguitom' said:
So, let me see if I got it:
1: I order the pandora,
2: I transfer money to their account,
3: When the pandora is released shipment is made,
4: I receive it at home?

How's everything with customs, any tax I should pay or it's only those $330 and 50 for shipment?
Yep, that's pretty much it... plus what your bank charges you for the transfer of money. My bank charged me like... $40 or so. Regarding taxes... you got me there. But if I remember correctly, when I made the transfer, my bank (BBVA - Banco Continental) included in the charge amount (those $40) something regarding "imported goods". Your bank will surely give you any information you need, don't be afraid to ask.

Bye.

I Googled and I found that I can't ship the pandora here, customs ask for about the same price of the pandora (330) so that would be about: 660-680 for shipping the pandora here, that SUCKS!!!
I'll see what I can do, hope I can SOMEday get the pandora :(

'Manguitom' said:
I Googled and I found that I can't ship the pandora here, customs ask for about the same price of the pandora (330) so that would be about: 660-680 for shipping the pandora here, that SUCKS!!!

I don't know, but why don't you ask them to label the product with a cheaper value when shipping? Something like "Electronic Device: Price = 30$"
Some online shops have done this to me and I ended up paying no taxes at all.

Uhm... check this out, Manguitom:

CODE
http://espanol.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070401163755AA0zgKy

Also... Google is great, but maybe it'd be better if you asked about this to someone from Aduanas. I highly doubt the tax is that high in Argentina.

Good luck and don't rush it! Take you time and inform yourself with your local authorities. The internet, sometimes, is not that reliable ;).

Okay, I have almost all the information I need:
Customs asks for 50% of the product price as tax (if the product is between 25 & 999 U$S), so if I tell to label the pandora as a 100 U$S product customs would be about 37 U$S, BUT what I still don't know is if I am supposed to look for my pandora at customs offices and if it is safe for a product to be there (staff there can steal it and that would be BAD), so up to now, touching the pandora is an impossibility for me :(
Bad thing is that I'm still looking for a UMPC with a 4.3 inch screen but can't find none :(

'latiosu' said:
'Manguitom' said:

I don't know, but why don't you ask them to label the product with a cheaper value when shipping? Something like "Electronic Device: Price = 30$"
My guess is that, given what upstanding chaps the OpenPandora peeps appear to be, they would shy away from committing what is essentially fraud :(

'Monk' said:
'latiosu' said:
'Manguitom' said:

My guess is that, given what upstanding chaps the OpenPandora peeps appear to be, they would shy away from committing what is essentially fraud :(

Fraud is what my country does, by asking 50% for imported products, that way, technology will never reach here... an Ipod Touch 32Gb is worth 550 U$S, that's too much :(

'Manguitom' said:
'Monk' said:
'latiosu' said:
'Manguitom' said:
I Googled and I found that I can''t ship the pandora here, customs ask for about the same price of the pandora (330) so that would be about: 660-680 for shipping the pandora here, that SUCKS!!!
I''ll see what I can do, hope I can SOMEday get the pandora :(

Fraud is what my country does, by asking 50% for imported products, that way, technology will never reach here... an Ipod Touch 32Gb is worth 550 U$S, that's too much :(

<_< And they're probably doing it to get people to buy stuff from within the country.
But all they're doing is stealing money from people who aren't building such devices anyway.
Idiots.

Back