Slackware inside Pandora.

Maybe try :
sudo /usr/bin/pndrefresh.sh
If it works, you have to create an icon for this, like I did for Xfce, and also launch this command at KDE start if you don't want to press it.

I finally got around to installing -current to take a look at bluetooth. Wifi does not seem to work out if box. (Nm gives a "firmware missing" message.)

Will work on it more later.

Last edited:
Maybe better try with 14.2 as it's the next stable, anyway the bluetooth fix should be the same.

Should be only a wifi warning, it works according to my latest test.

I had the same problem with -current as already written, so I use a stick. I guess its better to use a stick as internal wifi is also very slow in earlier versions.

Stick didn't work for me either, but I did not test if I had crashed the usb host or not. Will try again though.

Ah so 14.2 has the same bluetooth problem?

The old stick that is working in 14.1 (using now) and I guess in 14.2 no longer works in -current, but I have another one that works. Maybe try another one.

I unfortunately only have one wifi stick. I'll try 14.2 and see if Wifi works there for me.

I have a problem with the USB host in 14.1 as follows :
when unplugging the wifi-stick or eth adapter without disconnecting first or switching off USB sometimes I get the message "USB disabled". Then I try to enable again (toggle) and the same message is coming so no more USB. Solution so far is to reboot, but this will hang when shutting down, so I have to do a hard reset and then at boot fsck is running. So this is a time consuming process. Is there something I can try that will help (USB again without reboot)?

Thanks for help

14.2-rc1 is on the way.
I'm currently uploading it, should be finished in one hour.
I corrected a few things, like using ktsuss instead of gksudo thanks to a script from notaz, and updated the base distro with the latest packages.

As said in the post above, I finally reached the 100% hardware support, like in previous SL4P releases.
Some may notice that Xfce startup is a bit slower than 14.1 and downward. Can't do much about this.
Also new evince/document viewer badly handles pdf with large images, so I now use xpdf as default viewer.

I'm now using 14.2 daily, everything is stable as you would expect from Slackware.

Zaxxon's kernel is now too old to boot the newest Slackware -current.
I took @hns Letux latest kernel from a working Letux image, then dtb and bootscr stuff, but I only got a black screen after the "executing script".
Any idea about how to debug that ?

Zaxxon's kernel is now too old to boot the newest Slackware -current.
I took @hns Letux latest kernel from a working Letux image, then dtb and bootscr stuff, but I only got a black screen after the "executing script".
Any idea about how to debug that ?
Did you also copy the /lib/modules? Otherwise the kernel will not find many drivers.

With the latest kernel and stuff from the website, I was able to boot Slackware 15.0 armhf on a 1GHz, mimicking the files layout from a @hns Letux card ! I saw the leds blink + the auto halt I have in my Slack SD preparation.
But the screen is black, I only got a cursor in the top left corner.

Nothing happens on the 600MHz, plugged back the card in the 1GHz, it also stopped "working".

Last edited:
Took the kernel from the fixed makesd image, but nothing happens when I power on the OP.
https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/letux-os.81518/page-8#post-1707034
Hm. Difficult to diagnose without serial console :(
Does the makesd image boot tot xfce4 on your Pandora?
Did you just copy the kernel to the slackware image?
Did you include kernel modules and device tree files (there was an important change there)?

Edit: another idea: can you somehow share the full SD card image?

Last edited:
Back