Smoking

Draken posted on Aug 8 2006 at 09:37 PM said:
1 cig = 5 minutes of your life IIRC

Aare you sure? im sure i read it was 30 minutes.
if its 5 miutes, well to be honest thats not much, HAHAa

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 8 2006 at 10:50 PM said:
Draken posted on Aug 8 2006 at 02:31 PM said:
I do, but then again he's bragging about how he's going to die from long cancer when he's 21...
At least he's not bragging about short cancer. That's the worst kind to get.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... Oh wait, I'm not laughing.

But fear not, I will correct the typo.

pantera6 posted on Aug 8 2006 at 09:00 PM said:
hehe
the best way of making some stop smoking is telloing them their life expectancy while smoking.
i saw somewhere. 1 ciggy = half an hour off your life. you do the calcualtions.
but then you do look cool and then repel all the hot chicks cos ur breath stinks of dead flesh. o doesnt taht sound appealing, do something cool to get rejected.
This isn't true, because I don't smoke and I get far fewer girls than anybody smoker. This is because I am a loser. Maybe I should start smoking.

Also 1 cig = x minutes is bollocks.

LHC posted on Aug 8 2006 at 10:45 PM said:
hehe
the best way of making some stop smoking is telloing them their life expectancy while smoking.
i saw somewhere. 1 ciggy = half an hour off your life. you do the calcualtions.
but then you do look cool and then repel all the hot chicks cos ur breath stinks of dead flesh. o doesnt taht sound appealing, do something cool to get rejected.
This isn't true, because I don't smoke and I get far fewer girls than anybody smoker. This is because I am a loser. Maybe I should start smoking.

ha - russian bride for you then
joke joke ;)
yer, i know the number of minutes is kinda bollocks, cos theres so many ways to die when you smoke lol.
if your 18+ go speed dating, LOL. and take a great interest in fashion :D

LHC posted on Aug 8 2006 at 10:45 PM said:

Smoking won't make you any less of a loser.

The best way of making some stop smoking is telloing them their life expectancy while smoking.
Not really because most people think they are immortal/are stupid douchebags anyway.

Oh god yes fags smell horrible on the breath ew.

yup, smell has to be one of the deciding factors.
i bet smokers dont half know what thyre making thyre partners go through.
and smoking isnt just un-healthy, it makes you look unhealthy aswell, fades out your skin colour slightly (aprently). yellow teeth and other stuff

ste_167 posted on Aug 7 2006 at 11:21 AM said:
It's shocking that 16 year olds are legally allowed to buy them. I'd suggest 21 would be a better legal age, but that's not going to happen. We'll continue to see kids getting hooked on a killer habit.

what country can 16 year olds buy fags?
i live in ireland and the legal age is 18....

You know some places have that special poster that says something like "If you looked on the outside like you do on the inside, would you still smoke?" and there was that nasty picture of a howard stern-esque woman with sagging cheeks, yellowish brown teeth, craters all over, greasy hair, etc.

But those were usually in elementary school. Too bad as soon as the kids moved on to junior high some smoked anyway :lol:. Almost like they couldnt wait :rolleyes:

Bub&Bob posted on Aug 8 2006 at 03:35 PM said:
Draken posted on Aug 8 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
lubidog posted on Aug 8 2006 at 10:48 AM said:
The best friend of my brother, 40 years old, nice guy-just got married, smoked heavily since very young, has out 10 months to live. He has bladder and bone cancer. He is a physical wreck and he would give anything to turn back time and NEVER HAVE SMOKED A CIGGIE IN HIS LIFE. It ain#t cool when you are still young and are slowly dying a hideous and horrendous death because of inhaling shite!

Whoa, that's pretty sad...

My best mate's dad died of cancer a few years ago having never smoked or drunk alcohol in his life??

Ok let me point out one obvious FACT!!!!! You do not need to smoke to get cancer!!! Getting cancer somewhere in the body is due to your health, not just smoking!! Freakin idiots!!

My parents both smoked like friggin chiminys around me and my brother, when we were growing up, and we are both fine, because we both are in good shape, and are HEALTHY! It is all realitive to your health!!! My father smoked over thirty years and he is perfectly fine today, and he is 88 years old, so idiots stop with the bullshit. Cancer does have other causes, and although smoking can play a large factor, it is not the only factor!

DSR

dsraa posted on Aug 9 2006 at 04:15 AM said:
The best friend of my brother, 40 years old, nice guy-just got married, smoked heavily since very young, has out 10 months to live. He has bladder and bone cancer. He is a physical wreck and he would give anything to turn back time and NEVER HAVE SMOKED A CIGGIE IN HIS LIFE. It ain#t cool when you are still young and are slowly dying a hideous and horrendous death because of inhaling shite!

My best mate's dad died of cancer a few years ago having never smoked or drunk alcohol in his life??

Ok let me point out one obvious FACT!!!!! You do not need to smoke to get cancer!!! Getting cancer somewhere in the body is due to your health, not just smoking!! Freakin idiots!!

My parents both smoked like friggin chiminys around me and my brother, when we were growing up, and we are both fine, because we both are in good shape, and are HEALTHY! It is all realitive to your health!!! My father smoked over thirty years and he is perfectly fine today, and he is 88 years old, so idiots stop with the bullshit. Cancer does have other causes, and although smoking can play a large factor, it is not the only factor!

DSR
We'll technically cancer is due to genetic damage...

So I guess that you are the 'freakin idiot'. You could be th ehealthiest person in the and yet be unlucky and have a damaged cell that does not terminate.

DSR: Cancer is caused by mutated cells that reproduce at an alarming pace. My aunt, who died of inflammatory carcinoma, was pretty healthy. She was quite unfortunate to get such a serioius and uncurable cancer.

You know, my mother always told me this story, and I think it's rather ironic.

When she was little, the whole family had a miniature pincher named chippy. Towards the end of the dogs life, it developed a variety of horrible things, including incontinence and senility (spelling?).

Seeing the shape of the animal she so dearly loved, she went behind the whole family's back and had the poor thing put to sleep. While her mother, father, and 2 brothers felt she did the right thing, her sister wanted to have her killed for what she had done. She claimed it was wrong to do that, and that the animal should have played out it's life without my mother interfering.

I can guarantee you that when my aunt had her breast inflammed to the size of the room, no hair from the useless chemo, and many other horrible, horrible things, she was wishing she herself could be put down.

I don't smoke, none of my family smoke. I hate cigar-ette smoke, so I'm happy about that. Unfortunately, as soon as I venture into the wide world outside, I'm confronted with it. It's got better recently, and most eating establishments are strictly non-smoking now, but it's still pretty awful. If you want to slowly kill yourself, do it where you're not slowly killing other people at the same time.

dsraa posted on Aug 9 2006 at 03:15 AM said:

DSR

Stupid post.

No one said smoking was the ONLY cause of cancer. But it IS a cause and there can be no doubt that smoking massively increases your risk of contracting cancer. Try telling my Mate who is about to die at a young age that smoking made no difference. Just try...

And as a parent, and in Germany where smoking and reactions to smokers are about twenty years behind the UK, I hate to see mothers smoking over their kids. And pregnant mothers who still smoke are just weak, selfish and stupid people. There is so much pressure put on mums and mums to be not to smoke around their babies. Why? Because of the harm it has proven to do to kids that HAVE NO CHOICE. So you begging that your parents smoked is daft. And how do you know that you are healthy? A couple of years ago, my terminally ill mate would have said the same, "Hey, I have smoked all my life and I am fine!". Now he is about to die. Becuase of smoking.

But in a free world, you and your parents can do what you like, and I can think what I like of your opinions. But when you do something that harms me and the ones I love, ie. smoke near me, then I take massive offence.

nickspoon posted on Aug 9 2006 at 10:24 AM said:
I don't smoke, none of my family smoke. I hate cigar-ette smoke, so I'm happy about that. Unfortunately, as soon as I venture into the wide world outside, I'm confronted with it. It's got better recently, and most eating establishments are strictly non-smoking now, but it's still pretty awful. If you want to slowly kill yourself, do it where you're not slowly killing other people at the same time.
These establishments are all private property; privately owned and privately run. If you choose to eat there you do so on the terms of the owner. If they say smoking is allowed then you either accept this or move on.

In your house, or in another place where the owner doesn't accept smoking, then the smoker accepts this or goes elsewhere to smoke.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 8 2006 at 09:32 AM said:
My aunt died of Inflammatory Carcinoma, My first uncle of AIDS (he wasn't gay, just a frickin animal with women), my other uncle was a genius, spoke 11 languages self-taught, sang opra, was honored by performing in the Festival of Two Worlds with Gian-Carlo Menotti. Unfortunately with all that genius came mental illness. He began to develop Schizoprenia, and from then on spent most of his life in institutions. I spoke to him one time when I was around 5 years old. He died a few years later of cancer of the pancreas.

My grandmother on my mom's side died when I was 2 yrs old, and my grandfather died a few years before her. I never knew him. My uncle, the one who died of AIDS died 2 years before I was born. My Aunt when I was 5.

My father is a drunk who's currently MIA somewhere. His parents dont even bother calling me. In fact, i called them a few weeks ago. They're 91 and 92. They wondered why I was calling- hmmm. Not for you 2. I was looking for my father but apparently they dont know where he is either.

In conclusion, boo-fucking-hoo for me. I have no family except my mother and a dog. Get the violins out, please. People can control their futures by not smoking or doing drugs, it's very simple. It's their choice.

I didnt get to choose not to have any family.

Everyone must also remember that perfectly healthy people can die suddenly. My father died 2 years ago, probably from working too hard. He showed no signs till the last few days. The lesson to be learned is don't take anything for granted. And don't waste your life with things like drugs.

NOW EVERYBODY GET BACK TO PLAYING VIDEOGAMES :rolleyes:

I don't smoke and never will, but I want to get rid of one little thing: as far as I know second hand smoke is not proven to harm anyone. Sure it stinks and I would prefer people don't smoke around me but I have never seen any evidence about the dangers of second hand smoke.

That is all. Now please continue to stop smoking ;)

Back