Smoking

sam fisher posted on Aug 7 2006 at 09:16 PM said:
It's England mate. Once again, I must point out that there are other places other than America, that exist on this Earth.
There are other places on Earth than America?? Thanks for letting me know that, oh great master! I thought that America was the only place God had time to create before he made George Bush the president of it.

<_<

Last edited by a moderator:
@DCGM, firstly herion isn't cool you twat! And secondly, cos of my job I know that spray, and you should stop taking it. The more you take it the more your body needs it. If you just ake it all the while you are fucked. Sorry. I have had two ops on my nose, septum (rectum) etc. It hurts a lot, but is worth it. If you take that drug too much and then stop, then you will have the biggest presure on your nose, maybe even developing cists and polips (how do you spell those things?)

Anyway. I stopped smoking a few years ago. No one knew I smoked, and I was such a secretive, shamefull smoker. A filthy dirty habit. It was hard enogh but SO worth it. People who still smoke, and tell themselves they enjoy it are...well, just deluding themselves. I used to think I was cool to smoke, as a teenager it was the cool thing to do. Then in my twenties, studying singing, I had to hide it cos it wasn't cool, it was stupid. How many smokers start smoking as adults? I bet none, and yet kids arn't allowed to smoke. The companies push ciggies on kids. Evil bastards. I wouldn't ban it, I wouldn't ban taking any substance. But smoking is so not cool, especially when....

The best friend of my brother, 40 years old, nice guy-just got married, smoked heavily since very young, has out 10 months to live. He has bladder and bone cancer. He is a physical wreck and he would give anything to turn back time and NEVER HAVE SMOKED A CIGGIE IN HIS LIFE. It ain#t cool when you are still young and are slowly dying a hideous and horrendous death because of inhaling shite!

I went to a concert a couple of years ago, by the great duo Gillian Welch and David Rawlings. They had put posters up everywhere asking people not to smoke during the concert in the hall. Everyone smoked. They couldn't help themselves. I asked one why and he said "Fuck her, I've paid money". Twat. Smokers can't regulate themselves. In Ireland, I go out to a pub and no one smokes, it isn't allowed. It's bliss. I have a baby daughter in Germany, every smoked over her pram. I hate smokers now. Call it hindsight, but smoking is just the daftest thing to do, imo.

I'll stop now.

(Ste, keep going mate!)

sam fisher posted on Aug 7 2006 at 06:03 PM said:
As far as I knew Double Entendre meant something with a obvious and blunt meaning but a more subtle hidden meaning, which of course in french it spells 'Double Meaning'. So I believe that I used it appropriately with my first will power statement. Please correct me if I am wrong.
That is a partial definition ignoring the nature of the alternate meaning. Here is a link to, possibly one of the greatest literary contributions to the English language since Shakespeare, that has honed the double entendre into a fine art. It should really be a part of the curriculum. Finbarr Saunders.

lubidog posted on Aug 8 2006 at 04:48 AM said:
@DCGM, firstly herion isn't cool you twat! And secondly, cos of my job I know that spray, and you should stop taking it. The more you take it the more your body needs it. If you just ake it all the while you are fucked. Sorry. I have had two ops on my nose, septum (rectum) etc. It hurts a lot, but is worth it. If you take that drug too much and then stop, then you will have the biggest presure on your nose, maybe even developing cists and polips (how do you spell those things?)
...um, I never seriously said it was cool. I was being sarcastic <_<

As for the inhaler, you're talking about a spray. This one is a vapor, and it's proven that the worst it can do is put some beastly holes in your nose...Pretty bad, yes ;)

As for the other stuff you mentioned, no, it cant do that.

lubidog posted on Aug 8 2006 at 10:48 AM said:
The best friend of my brother, 40 years old, nice guy-just got married, smoked heavily since very young, has out 10 months to live. He has bladder and bone cancer. He is a physical wreck and he would give anything to turn back time and NEVER HAVE SMOKED A CIGGIE IN HIS LIFE. It ain#t cool when you are still young and are slowly dying a hideous and horrendous death because of inhaling shite!

Whoa, that's pretty sad...

Draken posted on Aug 8 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
lubidog posted on Aug 8 2006 at 10:48 AM said:

Whoa, that's pretty sad...

My best mate's dad died of cancer a few years ago having never smoked or drunk alcohol in his life??

My aunt died of Inflammatory Carcinoma, My first uncle of AIDS (he wasn't gay, just a frickin animal with women), my other uncle was a genius, spoke 11 languages self-taught, sang opra, was honored by performing in the Festival of Two Worlds with Gian-Carlo Menotti. Unfortunately with all that genius came mental illness. He began to develop Schizoprenia, and from then on spent most of his life in institutions. I spoke to him one time when I was around 5 years old. He died a few years later of cancer of the pancreas.

My grandmother on my mom's side died when I was 2 yrs old, and my grandfather died a few years before her. I never knew him. My uncle, the one who died of AIDS died 2 years before I was born. My Aunt when I was 5.

My father is a drunk who's currently MIA somewhere. His parents dont even bother calling me. In fact, i called them a few weeks ago. They're 91 and 92. They wondered why I was calling- hmmm. Not for you 2. I was looking for my father but apparently they dont know where he is either.

In conclusion, boo-fucking-hoo for me. I have no family except my mother and a dog. Get the violins out, please. People can control their futures by not smoking or doing drugs, it's very simple. It's their choice.

I didnt get to choose not to have any family.

i never got how people started smoking.
its a bitch to start.
your throat hurts for a month once you start smoking, just makes your breath stink like shit.
and your life then revolves around cigaretes, you nedd breaks at work to smoke.
and it costs alot of money to now

I do, but then again he's bragging about how he's going to die from lung cancer when he's 21...

Edit: DCGM kindly noted a typo in the above message. It's lung cancer, not long cancer. (which of course, sounds, fuckin' hilarious)
Thanks mate!

LHC posted on Aug 8 2006 at 07:33 PM said:
I know loads of smokers that don't regret it.

They might later though.

yer
they might not regret it
but i said like smoking, which is kind of different i guess.
no one can be happy spending a fiver or more per day on smoke

LHC posted on Aug 8 2006 at 06:33 PM said:

They might later though.

Absolutely. 10 points!

pantera6 posted on Aug 8 2006 at 07:52 PM said:
LHC posted on Aug 8 2006 at 07:33 PM said:

They might later though.

yer
they might not regret it
but i said like smoking, which is kind of different i guess.
no one can be happy spending a fiver or more per day on smoke
Well they actually enjoy it too. One of them didn't smoke for about six months and then decided he preferred smoking so he started again. Seems ridiculous to me but he was serious.

There's a lot of things people spend a fiver a day on for little enjoyment anyway (e.g. petrol). Also not everybody spends £5 a day. Even heavy smokers would struggle to spend a fiver a day on drum.

Klown posted on Aug 8 2006 at 08:13 PM said:
I hereby claim this thread to be the smoker's hangout.

hehe
the best way of making some stop smoking is telloing them their life expectancy while smoking.
i saw somewhere. 1 ciggy = half an hour off your life. you do the calcualtions.
but then you do look cool and then repel all the hot chicks cos ur breath stinks of dead flesh. o doesnt taht sound appealing, do something cool to get rejected.
i had a girlfriend once that smoked big time, it was pretty bad, once she smoked i really didnt want to be to close to her mouth :blink:

Draken posted on Aug 8 2006 at 02:31 PM said:
I do, but then again he's bragging about how he's going to die from long cancer when he's 21...
At least he's not bragging about short cancer. That's the worst kind to get.

Back