So Umm Where Do Buy This

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmcnair said:
That analogy doesn't even come close to being an apt comparison. Analogies suck in general but to speak in your language - this is more similar to Microsoft registering a site called ipod.com and using it to sell Zunes. Actually that would not even be as bad because at least in that case there would be no brand confusion - everyone knows who Microsoft and Apple are.
Yes, but gp2x.co.uk was one of the main distributors for the GP2X. Now it's gone, why shouldn't they link to their new project, Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
bennyboy said:
tmcnair said:
That analogy doesn't even come close to being an apt comparison. Analogies suck in general but to speak in your language - this is more similar to Microsoft registering a site called ipod.com and using it to sell Zunes. Actually that would not even be as bad because at least in that case there would be no brand confusion - everyone knows who Microsoft and Apple are.
Yes, but gp2x.co.uk was one of the main distributors for the GP2X. Now it's gone, why shouldn't they link to their new project, Pandora?

Thank you for illustrating my point about brand confusion.

i know copyright violation isnt a new concept to Korea. as i recall, they originally wanted to name the GP2X, as GPX2. but some company had already made a printer called the GPX, so they changed the name.

im sure it isnt going to cause a problem though. i dont think Gamepark Holdings plans to make any more products associated with the GP2X name. but that has me wondering... do you think they will make a competitor to the Pandora, after the Pandora's launch?

tmcnair said:
Thank you for illustrating my point about brand confusion.
What is the brand confusion?

The site is run by a distributor. Say it was Acer laptops they sold. If he then sold Toshiba laptops, there is no problem.

The first product, GP2X, built up a fairly loyal community but the product was imperfect. They are now trying to develop and sell a new product, Pandora, that initially caters to the same community and hopefully a wider audience, and is sufficiently different and priced differently to not be a 100% direct rival. "Sorry, we can't sell you that, but you might be interested in...". Happens everyday. Amazon?

I'm surprise this thread survived beyond post 5 ;) . As usual, Chip answered the OPs questions.QUOTE
There is no store section because preorders have not yet started. Sign up for the mailing list to get an announcement when they do open up....
You can also get to Craigix's store at gp2x.co.uk
@impreziv Have you not read the various threads about GP3X, GP2X is dead, etc?

bennyboy said:
Because then people join the forums here and ask about the "GPH Pandora", as the GP2X was a GPH product, and the Pandora is on a website called gp2x.co.uk.

Changing tmcnair's post a little we get ipod.co.uk saying "The new Apple iPod: Get ready to buy the Creative Zen here soon!". It's totally different than a site called mp3players.com or even getyouripodhere.com, as you expect sites like ipod.co.uk to be more 'official'.

I know Craig wants to use his own websites to sell his own products, but in that case, maybe gp2x.co.uk wasn't the best website he could have chosen. Thankfully, he still has gbax (Well, almost).

Anyway, this is going off-topic. So further posts to off-topic please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back