Some Clarifications On Pre-Orders

I'm thinking I'll just bite and use tranzfers or a bank transfer. Is there someplace with the necessary information? I seem to recall seeing it, but didn't find it in my very brief search. Or are e-mails still going out with said information?

Thanks.

Capn_Fish said:
I'm thinking I'll just bite and use tranzfers or a bank transfer. Is there someplace with the necessary information? I seem to recall seeing it, but didn't find it in my very brief search. Or are e-mails still going out with said information?

Thanks.
the complete information for a bank transfer (IBAN, recipient address, etc) was given in the original re-order emails, IIRC. you should be good to go if you received one.

Last edited by a moderator:
darkblu said:
Capn_Fish said:

Thanks.
the complete information for a bank transfer (IBAN, recipient address, etc) was given in the original re-order emails, IIRC. you should be good to go if you received one.

It is indeed.

Is the cut-off date Feb 1st, like the deadline says it should be?

Thanks Craig, very much, for clearing things up!

Mods, maybe this thread deserves pinning also, before anyone faints on the transfers thread.

If there's any need for further preorder Pandora payments, I'd be ready to preorder and transfer money for two more!

... I just wonder why this little statement took so long. Man, you really got me worried sick ...

I have 2 major questions that are unanswered RE: preorders

1) Are there still re-order emails that have not yet gone out? I haven't yet gotten an email detailing how to re-order using Tranzfers etc. I get the feeling that there are no decisions made yet as to what route will be taken and this is why, but there is mention of people already using Tranzfers for reordering - if we decide to go this route, are the instructions for doing so posted somewhere - the OP bank account number to send money to? Do we include our email address, shipping address, previous preorder number, etc? What does OP need from us to lock in an order via Tranzfers.

2) So far the information seems to indicate that credit is not a viable option for reorder. The problem with Bank Transfer is that for those of us too poor to pull out cash for a Pandora and who were putting this on credit, AFAIK any kind of Bank Transfer via a credit card is treated by the credit card company as a cash advance - which for my CC means a higher interest rate and lower cash limit - so low I can't afford a Pandora with one (due to mistakes when I was a young pup my credit isn't so great...despite my efforts to rebuild). Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? Would a Tranzfers transfer be treated like a Credit Card billing? If so, great, sign me the hell up. If not, I'm kinda screwed.

So is OP determined to come up with a credit card based ordering method? I get the feeling from Craig's posts that that option is becoming impossible (and I do not fault him or OP for it).

I do have to laugh at the fact that I've never had this much trouble buying a product. Again, NOT Craig/OP's fault on this one, they're getting screwed just as hard as we are, I just think it's hilarious that FOUR THOUSAND people are chomping at the bit to SPEND MONEY, and the banks are saying no.

Did capitalism get taken out behind the woodshed and shot sometime in the middle of the night when I wasn't looking?

Illuminerdi said:
Did capitalism get taken out behind the woodshed and shot sometime in the middle of the night when I wasn't looking?
Especially weird when you consider Craigs shop IS taking credit card for other game systems... I just dont get it, the banks dont receive info telling them what someone bought from the shop so why can they accept cards for other items through GBAX.com but not the pandora?

I know I posted this elsewhere but this is the active thread and hopefully someone who reads this will be able to answer it.

Illuminerdi said:
No, it's just a little scared right now. :D

craigix said:
So soon we will have a cut off date and then manufacture the Pandoras paid for to that point. We don't really have a choice in this, it's the only way forward which will work in a safe way.
Couple of q's and comments spring to mind....

So if you receive pre-orders for say 2500 pandoras... how many will you be manufacturing, as there will be no doubt be a failure rate!!!!

It does feel a little bit like 'put up or shut up or wait 6 months' :(

Why can OP not create a relationship with GBAX in the UK at least?! Surely GBAX can provide a cost effective method of 're-selling' Pandoras without the costs of using 'real' resellers who will want their profit margins?

Oh and like everyone else, what is the cut off date? And if you set one then the final shipping date better be FIXED after that otherwise this will all kick off again and surely get VERY ugly next time if people see OP as taking in a shit load of bank transfer money and missing deadlines after that?!

Feeling, very very slightly better, but still not totally convinced.

calzone said:
Why can OP not create a relationship with GBAX in the UK at least?! Surely GBAX can provide a cost effective method of 're-selling' Pandoras without the costs of using 'real' resellers who will want their profit margins?
Just in case you're not already aware, craigix is the guy who owns and runs GBAX. ;)

EDIT: Do pardon me if I'm misunderstanding your post somehow. :lol:

calzone said:
Oh and like everyone else, what is the cut off date?
They don't know it yet. They will let us know it after the final prototype is finished. I'm sure they'll try to give people a reasonable amount of time to re-order but if you don't want to leave things until the last minute, pick one of the re-order options listed by craigix here and sort yourself out now: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46235

Prometheus said:
Just in case you're not already aware, craigix is the guy who owns and runs GBAX. ;)

No that's fine, I knew that and it was for that reason that I thought it interesting to ask why something couldn't be worked out. :)

Also of course both OP and GBAX are 'limited' companies in the UK and that means if anything went wrong financially then only the 'company' is liable for any debts and none of the individual directors would be personally liable. I guess by mentioning that I am still showing that I'm still not 100% convinced by up-front cash being the only method of payment.

At least Craig has confirmed what a lot of us suggested, that they NEED this money to actually manufacture the Pandora, and soon!

Guess I'm still wondering why the GBAX affiliation wasn't considered, or if it was, why it wasn't a viable option? Heck it took them (GBAX) 22 days to get my GP2X F200 to me when that was launched and they charged my credit card on the day of order !!! (ie a definite PRE-order!)

@craigix

Please give an update on how this affects us AMEX orders. My money is stuck in limbo so I can't re-order as I still don't have my money back! (I haven't gotten a re-order email yet either) Please tell me your old bank will go ahead and give you the money I already paid! I certainly don't want to miss out on the first batch.

Thanks

DixieDawg said:
@craigix

Please give an update on how this affects us AMEX orders. My money is stuck in limbo so I can't re-order as I still don't have my money back! (I haven't gotten a re-order email yet either) Please tell me your old bank will go ahead and give you the money I already paid! I certainly don't want to miss out on the first batch.

Thanks
craigix said:
Oh and if HSBC really won't refund those AMEX orders we will just have to take the hit and honour them anyway. I've had a meeting with them about it but I may as well have been speaking to a brick wall.

Glad to see some new info come up, I was getting a little frustrated by the lack of real news or development.

Can't say I'm completely reassured though, when I ordered last year, I paid a set amount of money for a particular product with a reasonably clear date of release (even though it was projected). Now I'm hearing all sorts of things about international money transfers, manufacturing costs and all of a sudden there's no release date at all.

I know the guys behind the Pandora are genuine, I have only ever had great experience of GBAX , I don't doubt the intentions of the project for one minute, and the difficulties in getting something like this off the ground, but times are tight for me as well as the Pandora project and this confusion is all making me feel a bit uneasy.

Thanks for all the effort guys - we're all putting a lot of trust in this as we believe in it too. I'd just appreciate knowing the manufacturing timetable as soon as possible. I'm a natural worrier you see...

®

Hi Fellow Pandorians.

Is it me or do you have to almost watch the forums 24 / 7 to know what is going on or indeed what isn’t. I’ve kept quiet all this time and I’m sure I was one of the first to pre order the Pandora.

So, just to make this totally clear. You can pre order via bank transfer or fall off the edge of the ordering system until the second batch because you can’t or indeed won’t pay with a credit or debit card.

Has the first order first sent out idea gone out the window too or is this still the case. I’m really balancing on the fence here and the last thing I knew I was going to receive an email about pre ordering (which to my knowledge I’ve not yet received). I know the guys and girls at OP have always been fantastic (especially Jaqui who is a gem (I hope I spelt your name right) and I’m sure this project is going to go ahead although it would be nice to not having to stumble across this information by randomly visiting the forum and trawling through pages of text.

I really hope you give everyone fair warning of when you’ll cut off the ability to order. Are we still going to get pre order emails (I thought it was UK last on this one).

Good luck and I still hope to hold my Pandora sometime in Q1 this year!

PS. Please don’t tie me up and apply flaming torches, I’m just being honest and trying to make sense of all this.

Back