Some more of my ideas

Maybe a stupid question, but can the current battery be increased to 10,000mAh without increasing the physical size?

2.5 times the capacity.

Same volume

2.5 times the energy density

Not going to happen.

Can Pyra run on nuclear power? :)
Sure, P1 can too. Just use one of those small portable nuclear generators they also used to use for rockets (until one rocket with one of those one board had some problem and distributed radioactive material over quite a large area).

Litium sulfur is the next, feasible now, but expencive option. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium%E2%80%93sulfur_battery

Lithium maxes out at a theoretical 1550 Wh/kg

It makes more sense to make charging circuitry that you can control voltage over time and temperature and be able to monitor that, and then offer a new battery once its ready rather than to get in now.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would like to see a wireless charging pin somwhere inside the battery compartment. just added an qi-charging receiver-pad inside my galaxy note2 and i really *love* it! :)

^ a lot of energy gets blown away. Are the days of the light bulb commig back? xD Additionally unlike a cable you can't move the device too much without interrupting the loading process which isn't good for your battery. Save the planet man!

I will never understand what you all find on Caple Loss Charging,

I mean to charge a Device whit this technologie you have to put it on a survace which is even plugged in on the wall plug

So expect the no needing to plug the device to the wall plug, there is no realy pro..

If this Technik lets you charge your Device wireless on the whole house whitout the need to puts it on the Charging survace, i would unterstand it..

Or if the powerplant can send the Energie direktly via Wireless to the devices, that would be great. .^^

Charge via Cable is better, as you also can play wile its charge..

Better to work on the Powersaving, so it dosnt need much charge..

What? Wireless charging is extremely efficient, energy doesn't get "blown away", and some of the charging stations coming out work up to several feet away, and even if they don't lithium doesn't care about "interrupting" the charge process. And in any event, a charge port is such an easy thing to keep there's no way anyone would allow it to be completely replaced by wireless, you'd get both.

Stop using questionable anecdotes and bad science to halt progress.

i think an added choice of how to charge would be a good thing.

- if you don't mind to plug in the cable every time and want to charge fastest, then use the usb/powerplug.

- if you have no problem with waiting a little bit longer while charging (eg. over night) i think it's more convenient to just lay it down.

scenario here: you played a lot, surfed the web etc., now it's really late at night, you're tired and only want to have the device charged for the next day before you go sleep.

here the wireless variant really plays out imho, because no fiddling with cables, eg. risking to break the port.

to get this, only 2 more contacts are needed inside the battery compartment and about 1mm space between battery and case to add this as an aftermarket option.

generic receiver-patches are already out on the market, so it should not increase the cost of building the pyra.

my 2cents :)

I'm constantly amazed by all the different ways people manage to break stuff. I mean, I certainly do not handle my Pandora particularly carefully, but several years down the road I still haven't managed to crack the case, the charge ports, the ext port, the USB ports, the nubs, the buttons, the screen or the hinge. Or anything else. Not even the headphone jack. I must be doing something wrong :)

^ you're not doing something wrong, it only shows that you're not tired *enough* to do something wrong after a looong pandy-session. ;)

keep on gaming & careing! :)

What? Wireless charging is extremely efficient, energy doesn't get "blown away", and some of the charging stations coming out work up to several feet away, and even if they don't lithium doesn't care about "interrupting" the charge process. And in any event, a charge port is such an easy thing to keep there's no way anyone would allow it to be completely replaced by wireless, you'd get both.

Stop using questionable anecdotes and bad science to halt progress.
If it was decided that parts of the case would be made of stamped metal, would that be dangerous with the wireless charging pad things? Although wireless charging would look very cool, I think I would rather have stamped metal, unless of course we can have both.

Even if the case was made of a conductive material, wireless charging will likely just induce localised eddy currents which will just fizzle away to nothing, and heat the case slightly. As I understand it it wouldn't significantly take power away from a correctly designed receiving coil, as it would not be nearly as resonant.

That said, I've never found plugging devices in especially onerous, so I don't particularly care for that feature.

I'm constantly amazed by all the different ways people manage to break stuff. I mean, I certainly do not handle my Pandora particularly carefully, but several years down the road I still haven't managed to crack the case, the charge ports, the ext port, the USB ports, the nubs, the buttons, the screen or the hinge. Or anything else. Not even the headphone jack. I must be doing something wrong :)
I have managed to break the PMIC twice without ever touching it!

There are two kinds of people, those who break things and those who don't.

It seems to me that for some people stuff keeps breaking, they're jinxed. They always get the bad harddrives, their student loans don't arrive on time etc...

I belong to the second group, I've only had one harddrive go bad in my life and that was after years of heavy use.

I'm pretty much the opposite of jinxed, nothing seems to ever break in my care, except software.

There are two kinds of people, those who break things and those who don't.

It seems to me that for some people stuff keeps breaking, they're jinxed. They always get the bad harddrives, their student loans don't arrive on time etc...

I belong to the second group, I've only had one harddrive go bad in my life and that was after years of heavy use.

I'm pretty much the opposite of jinxed, nothing seems to ever break in my care, except software.
I don't think it works like that :) . Most of my hardware works fine, but occasionally something breaks. My C64 suddenly started to show garbage on boot 20 years ago. A big heavy CRT monitor stopped working 15 years ago. I had some corrupted floppies over the years, and one hard disk crash 10 years ago. My laptop charger port is somewhat damaged because it fell on it while the charger was plugged in - it still works, but now the cable tends to fall out more easily. Maybe I forgot a few things, but that's about it.

So am I jinxed or not? ;)

My charging port can wiggle a little and every once in a long long while it won't notice that the cable is plugged in until I wiggle it.  This is because I picked up and tried to walk away with my Pandora once while it was plugged in and jerked it back out of my hand by the cable, onto my bed thankfully.

Back