Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force

Eversmile

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hey,

I recently remembered that STV: EF was made open source, AND it runs on the Q3 engine. I guess as both of these are open source and massively popular it is possible. I hope so at least. I hate to make another "WILL THIS WORK" thread, but I think it's a bit different.

http://www.ravenfiles.com/file.php?id=42 Single player mode source code and
http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/;805 Holomatch source code (multiplayer).

It'd be great to play this with friends on ad-hoc, and two lovely analog sticks.

I did do a search, but sorry if I missed a thread on this.

2744.jpg

Legendary

I loved this game :) But I fear, that it is only source code to do mods, not sure though.

mali said:
I loved this game :) But I fear, that it is only source code to do mods, not sure though.
I'm hoping because of the fact that Q3 code has also been released, it could be done. I mean, it will probably be no small task, I was just seeing if it's possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite force may be based on the Quake 3 engine, but its a engine modified one too. That is not open source however. However, I believe there is a version of ioquake3 which can load the data files and play some portions of the game.

truekaiser said:
i remember the multiplayer mode on that. the single player was meh.
Some of the stargate mod levels were awesome, actually multiplayer in general was good.

P90Puma said:
truekaiser said:
Some of the stargate mod levels were awesome, actually multiplayer in general was good.

oh don't get me wrong. i loved multiplayer. better ballenced then stock q3 which was just a race to who could get the bfg or next largest weapon first.

truekaiser said:
P90Puma said:
truekaiser said:

oh don't get me wrong. i loved multiplayer. better ballenced then stock q3 which was just a race to who could get the bfg or next largest weapon first.

Sir. I could take out almost any person with almost any weapon. BFG or not. I'd be perfectly happy with a shotgun or railgun.

bustaballs said:
truekaiser said:
P90Puma said:
truekaiser said:

Sir. I could take out almost any person with almost any weapon. BFG or not. I'd be perfectly happy with a shotgun or railgun.

well i preferred unreal tournament and could take a good many people with just the dual pistols.

Back