Status summary (2010-10-31)

Yeah, Chinese New Year is just around the corner in terms of Batch 2. So if cases aren't happy and ready to move for Batch 2, Cases could be the delay in Two Months™.

That's why I asked the question.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Boards: According to the board production company in Texas, the boards should all be finished in time (when the nubs arrive). We hope this is true, but that's what they claim.
Didn't they claim 3 weeks ago that they'd be done 2 weeks ago?

Not sure if that was the remaining 3000, I think 2 weeks ago, we were incomplete regarding that #. Maybe now they are saying that next week they will be full up on 3000 completed boards.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

They told us they did finish 2000 completely.

But I'm careful here, as there were multiple times where they told us "500 will be shipped next week" which turned out to be 100 (remember Craigs' twitters about 500 coming next week?)

So better be prepared for everything.

You know what?

FSJAL_Template_by_g00dguyz.png

Boards: According to the board production company in Texas, the boards should all be finished in time (when the nubs arrive). We hope this is true, but that's what they claim.
They also claimed to be finished by October 18. I don't trust them at all.

We expect the nubs to arrive in about 7 - 10 days at the board production company in Texas.
Starting when? Now or after the test run finishes?

The WiFi module manufacturer has just been sent a Pandora to help us find out what issues we have.
Why now? Sounds like you could have done this months ago. I'm not saying you are, but it feels like you tackle only the biggest problem on your list. One at a time.

Why now? Sounds like you could have done this months ago. I'm not saying you are, but it feels like you tackle only the biggest problem on your list. One at a time.

Perhaps because He has his primary job outside of doing work on the pandora to attend to? or communication with the supplier just recently opened up.

I know I'm a busy person and I can only focus on certain things at once.. just seems to me your being too judgmental.

Last edited by a moderator:
just seems to me your being too judgmental.
I have a sales contract with him which he has failed to deliver upon for more than two years now. At this point in time, there is no delivery date in sight.

I believe I have the right to be a bit judgmental.

Starting now.

Easy: They didn't care until we told them we are not gonna buy the modules from them anymore until the issue is fixed.

Now they're interested in solving the issue, they were not interested before.

Starting now.
That's good news.

Easy: They didn't care until we told them we are not gonna buy the modules from them anymore until the issue is fixed.

Hehe, well done. A few threats never hurt anyone ;)

Thanks for the update ED. I'll eagerly await your next update :)

Just by exerting pressure on them... :)

LeviTheSignatureThiefAlthoughYouDidSpotItFirst said:
Thanks :p I was asking about the cases though - I'm up-to-date on all and any board shenanigans, I think.
Oh! On a slow boat from China. I forget how many "extra" from Batch 2 there were. 1000 IIRC.

Now! Get back in line. I can't be doing with you batchtwoers getting all anxious already. :p

I am almost beginning to feel guilty for already having my pandora since june :D

Just rub it in why don't you! Rapidly going off bosbeetle. :p

That's good news.

Hehe, well done. A few threats never hurt anyone ;)

Thanks for the update ED. I'll eagerly await your next update :)
And there's me thinking you'd be the first to say, "Well why didn't you do that earlier". :p

@ED and Notaz, just how many hours has Notaz spent looking at this? Unsung hero methinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[*]Nubs: Michael got the samples of the new version. So far they look fine. A mass production run is about to start on Monday, and those nubs will ALL be tested. If they pass, the real mass production run start. We expect the nubs to arrive in about 7 - 10 days at the board production company in Texas.

Starting now.

Craigix on twitter said:
We're about to name and shame the company who is delaying your Pandora consoles. Maybe with your help we can encourage them to deliver.

Craig's comment suggests that he doesn't expect nubs in 10 days.

Craig's comment suggests that he doesn't expect nubs in 10 days.

He's talking about the board company, which we don't really trust at all.

They still haven't sent us any pictures of the 2000 boards they claim to be finished for two weeks.

More infos on an official news post I'll do tomorrow (we're still trying to get some information from them).

We all know who the board company is, since it's the same company that makes beagleboards and pandaboards.

I'm not sure that having people from the forum call them and harass them is going to make things better. So you might want to wait until production is started at the other company.

They still haven't sent us any pictures of the 2000 boards they claim to be finished for two weeks.

More infos on an official news post I'll do tomorrow (we're still trying to get some information from them).

I really feel for you OP. But we need to act now. If you really do have people near the factory, then authorise them to go and inspect it. Name and shame them, hold them to their production quotas and estimates. It very well may be easier said than done, but this is vastly unprofessional of them and everyone is tired of it. They're holding us hostage with lies. You can't run a business like that, and they know that to, what are they playing at?!

I don't understand what's different here. The Case company did the *exact* same thing, and you were up in arms about it (yet did nothing). Now you claim they were reasonable, and the Board company is the only negligent one. Yet you told them (several times) to halt production, because of other delays.

Sure, they've missed a lot of deadlines, and they should be doing better, now that we've told them to go out full-blast. They don't send us pictures of everything they've done, but neither did the case company. What's so different here, that's getting you so up in arms? It just doesn't add up right. You never threatened to do this to the case company.

Back