Release Super Geometry Dust

How about enemies that drop power ups? (shield, homing bullets, a field that slows enemies within a certain proximity too you, health container)

How about enemies that zoom in, fire at you, and retreat.

How about boss battles?

Best yet: How about a short life bar instead of instant death.
I think those would change the game way too much. I don't like the idea of item drops. Item drops add luck to the game rather than it completely relying on your skill.

How about enemies that drop power ups? (shield, homing bullets, a field that slows enemies within a certain proximity too you, health container)

How about enemies that zoom in, fire at you, and retreat.

How about boss battles?

Best yet: How about a short life bar instead of instant death.
I think those would change the game way too much. I don't like the idea of item drops. Item drops add luck to the game rather than it completely relying on your skill.
Different modes I think,

e.g current would be Survival

then you could have one with levels and bosses be like Adventure,

one with weapon drops/power ups be something else

I want multiplayer cooperative/competitve modes! :) WAN play (local) as well as Internet-server play!

Different modes I think,

e.g current would be Survival

then you could have one with levels and bosses be like Adventure,

one with weapon drops/power ups be something else (Arcade?)

Yes... because in survival mode I suck! =)

I love playing the game - but I would like the option to play it on an easier setting... so I don't have to see 'Game Over' every two minutes. :(

Alternatively - a 'training' mode (levels) that step up the challenge but give you an opportunity to master each of the different types of enemy.

Last power up I would like to see: The ability to 'jump' over enemies.

The donation link was a good idea. ^^

The game gets better and better, I like the new starfield (maybe moving a litte bit too fast on their own) and the sceen shake when an asteroid hits!

How about a progress bar or an icon or something in the lower right of the screen showing the laser powerup along with the current points multiplier?

A near-useless bug report (since I can't replicate it) but possibly as reference for others: I managed to crash the game, somehow - something happened, half of an XFCE desktop appeared, then everything got very weird until I decided that a reboot was in order. After that reboot, though, my nubs no longer worked as mouse move/click, which confused me no end until I found the nubs setting thingie and reset them.

I realise what happened (the game crashed, and thus had no possibility to return the nubs to their earlier status), so if it happens to you, just go to settings - > nubs to restore order :)

The double laser really really REALLY sucks.

At present it is a downgrade. :angry:

My new high score: 223011

... but 90% of the time it's game over at 5000 - 7500. Did I mention I hate double laser?

Edit: 50000 - 75000 (thanks Moxie =)

Last edited by a moderator:
The double laser really really REALLY sucks.

At present it is a downgrade. :angry:

My new high score: 223011

... but 90% of the time it's game over at 5000 - 7500. Did I mention I hate double laser?

+1^100

Either decrease the angle by about half or maybe just make it a threeway shot. Or if that would be too powerful, how about a three way shot where the angled shots only shoot half as fast as the main shot?

I want multiplayer cooperative/competitve modes! :) WAN play (local) as well as Internet-server play!

I like the idea of item drops, you don't know how many times they've saved me..

Maybe we can make it possible to turn them on/off in the settings?

And yes, multiplayer strikes me as brilliant, maybe we could have something like Firefight in the Halo series? I know it's a stretch, but battling endless hordes seems to have much appeal to people.

Maybe a duel mode would be cool too.

Just downloaded and I've got to say:

Super Geometry Dust = Awesome

Very fun, and for me, very difficult game. (high score ~54k) I assume this would be rather difficult to do, but imagine being able to play on a torus, steadily shrinking sphere, mobius strip, or klein bottle.

How do you get the double lazer, i am stuck at 30000 but havent had any powerups

The powerups are score-based, I think - The first powerup is a faster shot rate at 15000-ish, then the slower dual laser at around 45000, then an extra bomb, then an extra life at around 100k, and somewhere around there I think you get a faster dual laser. They just arrive :)

I jumped at FaeMinx statement that the dual laser killed her at around 5000, but it must be an accidental zero drop - 50k-75k sounds more reasonable.

For the record, I don't think it is that bad. Then again, my precision shooting is best described as "enthusiastic" at best :D

Uploading another update now. :D

Bugfixes:

- I *think* the wifi issue is resolved. Please report here if it still does it for you.

- Missing sound effects has been resolved (before, depending on what was going on, some sounds might not play)

- Fixed bombing-after-dying bug

Other changes/features:

- Slightly better-looking particles

- SCREENSHOTS! :D Press select at any time in-game to take a screen shot. It will be saved to the appdata folder.

- Brought dual-laser together a bit

- By default, provided it doesn't conflict with other controls, when you have a nub selected for movement or firing, you can also use the d-pad and abxy buttons for movement and firing, respectively.

Grab it here! http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=SuperGeometryDust-23703 :)

Wermy. You're awesome. This game has only been out, what a week?, and you've already released TWO updates! Thas Crazy! Have you decided whether or not to add multiple game modes, or an online leaderboard? I think levels with different sized planets, and terrain you have to avoid might be neat.

Another thing that annoys the **** out of me:

I'm dodging asteroid fragments at full speed while firing at the numerous enemies closing in when...

... a single brown fish traveling at full speed appears directly in front of me.

You only have a millisecond to react, so your attention better not be elsewhere (I.e. On the hordes of enemies behind and the multiple asteroid fragments you are weaving through feverishly).

Two suggestions:

1) Change the colour of the fish so they are easier to see and distinguish from asteroid fragments.

2) To give the player a heads up - As enemies crest the horizon, have the grid around them glow red. If you have different difficulty settings, this feature could be disabled on your hardest setting or only enabled on your easiest - it's up to you.

EDIT: Ooooo! Another update! Downloading now. Can't wait to try out the new double laser. =)

P.s. I still really want to see a bomb that clears asteroids. Pretty please?

Perhaps a fade in spawning animation would solve the instant-death-by-inconveniently-appearing-fish. Enemies would stay frozen "fading in" for 0.5 to 1 seconds or something before starting to move. Perhaps even a flare-ish effect (white color, fades to actual enemy color) to signify "hey, an enemy just appeared here!".

Perhaps a fade in spawning animation would solve the instant-death-by-inconveniently-appearing-fish. Enemies would stay frozen "fading in" for 0.5 to 1 seconds or something before starting to move. Perhaps even a flare-ish effect (white color, fades to actual enemy color) to signify "hey, an enemy just appeared here!".

^ I like this. Probably more practical than my glowing grid idea. However I don't think it'll help much with a fish that's already spawned on the other side of the globe. It'll still appear out of nowhere traveling at full speed.

P.s. New double laser is MUCH better thanks! :)

Back