SuperZaxxon v.54 Final has been released!

It's only been presented as an option on the last few firmwares, it's possible if your Pandora is still on an older version, that only a full reflash will be available to you for upgrading?
Ah - I have Release 1.5 - SuperZaxxon (Booting Kernel 3.2) according to the start-up screen. I'm guessing that's a bit older? :p

I think it might have snuck in around v1.52.... ;)

Full flash went just fine on a CC unit, am curious about this :

Because we need that to sell them in Japan.
Take it that some additional certification is required for WIFI in Japan, rather than some general problem with using WIFI in Japan.
Always thought that Japan was THE great untapped market for Pandora, due to the fact that the Japanese are renowned for their love of gadgets & video games & also the high cost might not deter someone of relatively high wealth.

Good luck with sales in the Japanese region :)

Did a full reflash now to this version, issue:

My wifi seems much more unstable now. It used to stay connected, now it gets disconnected every few minutes. :(

Also, yes, PNDManager is unstable, too, for some reason. It appears to work, then it quits without warning.

Booting seems to take somewhat longer than before (on 1.5). It also seems to have more issues accepting my second SD card, I end up having to reboot often for it to find its contents. Really weird.

edit: Now my .pnd's won't start from my second SD card, even though its found in the File Manager and the pnds are listed in the menu.

Is it indicative of my SD problems that it's listed as "ivate(me)e" instead of simply SD_ or something in the filemanager?

edit: So PNDs now definitely dont work anymore from my second SD card. I can access the card, can open mp3 files with deadbeef (created the playlist when the card was still working fine and i was on firmware 1.5), the PNDs get recognized and put in the menu, I can just not open them. Nothing in /tmp btw. What the hell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the issues you have, it seems like a bad flash.

Nothing in the OS has been changed that could've lead to what you describe here.

I managed to get both of my Pandora's updated to this flash today, after re-formatting my SD card the CRC problems went away.

However I too have noticed that PNDManager seems less stable than before.  Maybe its a lib/compatability thing with Qt?  Who knows, but I do know one thing: overall, the latest firmware feels great!  Thanks for all the hard work ED and notaz and skeezix and the rest of the gang!

• Would it be possible to add a third item to this submenu => mount both sdcards ?
  • Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to open the config tray ?
I would love to have the Pandora button open the config tray when held down, and the "kill"-menu being an option in the latter.

Apart from that, indeed lots of thanks to everyone involved! Looking forward to reflashing when I come home from work.

Last edited by a moderator:
However I too have noticed that PNDManager seems less stable than before.  Maybe its a lib/compatability thing with Qt?  Who knows, but I do know one thing: overall, the latest firmware feels great!  Thanks for all the hard work ED and notaz and skeezix and the rest of the gang!
Hmm, wouldn't make sense, as PNDManager has its own QT libraries included (the one in the Pandora OS are way too old) and Pandoras libraries haven't changed for years, AFAIK.

. The upgrade process might hang. If it doesn't do anything for a few minutes, stop it and restart it (without rebooting).
 Please clerify this step. What do you mean by "Stop it and restart it"?

Ctl-C and restart the upgrade?

ctl-Z then FG?

Or something else I'm not familiar with?

ED, can you run the Pandora OS upgrade from 1.54 RC ? Or you recommend a full reflash ? 
You can, but you need to run it twice in a row in order to not lose the wifi drivers.
Doh, wish i knew this before I did an upgrade last night. Suppose its the reason I lost my wifi turn on off in the task bar.

Why cant the os uprade say anything about this, or know itself to run twice?

An interesting idea,  but it would have required the script to have been updated already in a prior upgrade.

In terms of  implementation, if we wanted to add that for future releases I guess you could put the upgrade command in a loop which requires "opkg  list-upgradable"  to return empty output before exiting...

- Neelix

Just upgraded NAND and SD Card and everything seemed to work fine!

(That is after changing the room to get a more stable wifi connection ^_^ )

Thanks for keeping the baby up to date! :rolleyes:

Reflash went OK, but when I put the codec pack back in:

Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for gst-plugins-good-meta:
* gst-plugin-ximagesrc *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gst-plugins-good-meta.
#Finished!

There is indeed no gst-plugin-ximagesrc in the squashfs of the codec pack PND.

But the codec pack install succeeded for purposes of mplayer and what-not, so this is

just a "cleanup" item, I think.

Some other cleanup items:

libtcl8.4.so.0 and libtk8.4.so.0 are present, but their libtcl8.4.so and libtk8.4.so symlinks are not.

Since you've burnt the storage to have them, may as well have their links too.

xterm is installed, but not the fonts and icons to make it usable.  I have a bunch of ISO8859 fonts on my SD card

which I symlinked into /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc and then re-mkfontdir'ed it.  I added to /usr/share/icons the DMZ-White

and default directories (symlinks to SD, of course) which makes DMZ-White the default and provides the necessary

left_ptr and what-not cursors.  Without these fixes xterm will run but abort when you try to bring up a menu (control-

left click, for instance).

These are not new regressions, but I wanted to take this chance on a clean reflash to note down the details.

Thanks for the great software upgrade!

Andy

The "Pandora OS upgrade" did not work for me as it complained I had other Angstrom feeds installed. This came from the japanese language input addition. I guess I'll need a full reflash then :)

Back