SuperZaxxon v1.52 released!

But if pndevmapperd would be the only source of the problem, then the LED should light while booting the kernel and (if at all while starting) first be turned of when devmapperd started. Shouldn't it? It doesn't light up at all (for me), unless I plug it out after booting, wait a few seconds and plug it in again.
It does for me, no idea why it doesn't for you, maybe it's SD boot related?

I verified that the charge-LED does also not light up when booting from NAND (by plugging in AC) and AFAIR I didn't make any modification to the boot-process. The kernel is the official one for sure. Strange.

btw: I will not make submissions to the git for now. I know only a little about programming. That helps me to understand some parts of sourcecodes, but I am not firm enough to make modifications. I wouldn't even know how to handle the git-submission itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe my strange experiences are related to the PSU that I use. It's not the official one, but one from an old WIFI-router with an output of V5/A2. While I don't get why this should affect the behavior of the charging-led - as charging itself works fine - the charging-LED does work they way Notaz described it, when I plug in a powered USB-cable while the Pandora is off: First it does not light, then when the kernel is loaded it turns on. And when pndevmapperd is loaded (I assume), then it gets turned off again due to the bug in pndevmapperd.

Hi, ive got a 1ghz unit, and i noticed that when plugging the charger in while the pandora is in sleep mode and the shell is closed, the screen wakes up.

I dont think the screen should go on when the clamshell is closed and the pandora is asleep.

This causes a lot of power drain during charging, if you dont put the pandora to sleep again after plugging the charger.

Can you check it out?

Is it possible to allow uBoot to boot EXT4 partition ?

Seems having this should greatly increase SD throughput.

When i copied a rootfs to a EXT4 SD, i had to admit it was way, way faster.

Linux-SWAT, are you talking about _directly_ booting ext4 or getting a rootfs located on a ext4-fs to boot in some way?

I'm running my system from an ext4-sdcard. For that I am using a small ext2-bootpartition. That boot-partition contains:

- autoboot.txt

- boot/

and boot/ contains

Code:
total 4538

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root	   8 Oct 22 21:30 uImage -> uImage-3

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2002336 Oct 22 20:58 uImage-2.6.27.57-omap1

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2622984 Oct 22 20:58 uImage-3

my autoboot.txt looks like this:

Code:
setenv bootargs root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootdelay=2 console=tty1 psplash=false vram=6272K omapfb.vram=0:3000K

ext2load mmc 0:1 0x80300000 /boot/uImage

bootm 0x80300000

Note that I am booting without splash-fb as I prefer to see the messages while booting. Also these might not be the optimum-settings. If someone reads the above and notices flaws or in other words things that could be improved (e.g. with vram-values or futher kernel-parameters), then please let me know.

It's supposed to work if you make 2 partitions (fat32 and ext4), but it was reported that it doesn't.
Well it would be preferable to work with only one partition for convenience :/.

I saw there is an old patch that brings ext4load, maybe it's upstream now...

I'm running my system from an ext4-sdcard. For that I am using a small ext2-bootpartition.
Thanks, will try it.

Yeah latest u-boot fully supports ext4, but it needs to be tested on pandora, and some hacks readded to it (like the logo and boot menu). It's on my TODO list.

Cool !

Hope it will also be on your DONE list soon :D .

hm strange. If you want to discuss this more in detail, then feel free to open a new thread and I will try to be of help.

I have started FW upgrade and Pandora went to a black screen. After that I did soft restart and upgrade went to the end, but each time when I do soft restart screen gets green or red lines :/

I have started FW upgrade and Pandora went to a black screen. After that I did soft restart and upgrade went to the end, but each time when I do soft restart screen gets green or red lines :/
Which way did you update?

Using pnd or full flash?

if using pnd try full flash it should ok.

Which way did you update?

Using pnd or full flash?

if using pnd try full flash it should ok.

Full flush because my Pandora was on an old Zaxxon (not Super Zaxxon). No clue if those lines are related to display drivers or CPU stepping (I have try to use with 800MHz). Also what I found is that when I will go to Data/Time settings, change some values and accept it goes to black screen too. Need to press Pandora button to reload screen back.

A very innocent question:

is a firmware update planned in the next days, let's say next week ?

Back