Tell Us Non-Sega Genesis Guys What The Best Of Sega Genesis Are :)

Drak said:
I'm appalled that no one has mentioned Ecco. Ecco: The Tides of Time sequel was one of my all time favorites :)
It has taken me over a decade to admit to myself that I will probably never sit down to play through the second Ecco game.

But yes, Ecco was a superb game.

Last edited by a moderator:
x68000 said:
Tobriand said:
TLJRyan said:
*Edit: Wow, I can't edit the title.

Done :)
Welcome back Tobriand!! You picking up a Pandora?

On topic: Ringside Angel, Verytex, Midnight Resistance, Side Pocket, J League Pro Striker 2, Phantasy Star 3

Heheh - yep! Actually, it turned up a couple of days ago - I've been getting used to it properly before I add to the growing crowds of reviews. Hopefully it'll mean I end up a little more active on here again... still got an MSc dissertation to write, though. It's amazing how much time life takes up after a while, I think :)

TLJRyan said:
Drak said:
I'm appalled that no one has mentioned Ecco. Ecco: The Tides of Time sequel was one of my all time favorites :)
It has taken me over a decade to admit to myself that I will probably never sit down to play through the second Ecco game.

But yes, Ecco was a superb game.
Ecco is a very attractive game, but so damn hard. I tried playing through it on my Sega Nomad, but the huge levels and few save points defeated me. Then I tried it on the GP32, but the poor diagonals on my d-pad made it impossible. Since the Pandora's d-pad should be very good, I'll give it another go.

Also, never, ever get involved in the Ecco fan community. They are insane and borderline psychopathic.

Sub-Terrania is a nice game. Another nice game from Zyrinx (those who game from demoscene to game making, later becoming IO Interactive and making games like Hitman and Freedom Fighters) is Red Zone. This games is into soviet imaginary goodness with tons of communist themeing, of course you are from the "good" ones (american?).

This game has great FMV, incredible for just a SEGA Genesis.

I'm afraid nobody mentioned Bonanza Bros, is a quite funny arcade game from SEGA. You are a couple of thefts that need to steal lots of items in a time limit and get avoid of police officiers, of course you can't kill at all. You must succeed and escape in your amazing zeppelin, think of them as the theft's version of Mario and Luigi (indeed one of them is taller and skinner) :D

BonanzaBros.jpg

Back