Test-Run of the 1GHz Pandoras happens today (2012-07-05)

Wow! Awsome news!! Im No 57, with some luck I may be on the 3rd batch....

The rest should ship when Ed gets back if everything goes well.

We are seeing quite a high fail rate at the moment but GC think they can get it down to under 5%.

The 1Ghz SoC is a very difficult chip to handle as it bends under high heat, which isn't great.

The current OMAP3530 was no easy task for them as well, due to the solder mask and bleeding edge tolerance IIRC.

Glad they are optimistic on the 1GHz units in time, as they are not ones to just rush the boat to get the job done ASAP. They are efficient and really have a desire to satisfy the demands of this project at the lowest error rate possible with careful testing and evaluation with every hurdle presented.

Great news I should get mine Thurs/friday then.Brilliant.!Tv-out+wireless keyboard+wireless headphones.Im gonna have to prep an sdcard for this when i get a moment.

i wonder what number i am.

not that it's terribly important so long as i get one, and it would seem to be less than a month away!

soon i shall have m.u.g.e.n in my pocket wherever i go and shall be completely unable to focus on work.

i can hardly wait.

Where exactly did you read that you can run M.u.g.e.n on it?

It's tempting to get one of these!

But for me, the Pandora feature I most want (more than CPU speed, RAM or what) is a keyboard with these features:

1. not shiny

2. backlit

Especially not shiny. I'll try to resist to buy another Pandora, until that can be achieved! Seriously, it's hard to read those keys they're too shiny! maybe I can dull them off with sand-paper or so. I guess it encourages touch-typing, anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's tempting to get one of these!

But for me, the Pandora feature I most want (more than CPU speed, RAM or what) is a keyboard with these features:

1. not shiny

2. backlit

Especially not shiny. I'll try to resist to buy another Pandora, until that can be achieved! Seriously, it's hard to read those keys they're too shiny! maybe I can dull them off with sand-paper or so. I guess it encourages touch-typing, anyway...

Well, plans for the Pandora 2 are to have hard top flat keys.

Those should not be shiny.

The Pandora 2 wont arrive until late 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
the linux Paintown has a m.u.g.e.n built in. if it will run on my ancient Olmec Indian desktop (this thing has a 3.5" floppy drive on it) then it should run on the Pandora, right?

(the desktop was running Ubuntu 11.10 when i tested Paintown)

it re-loads the roster one character at a time every time the character select comes up so i can't have my full 690 active without a 5 minute wait before every character select screen, but i figure i can just keep a smaller roster but with all characters still in the folder so i only need to swap out a name in the select.def to change characters.

this is the one thing, THE ONLY THING, that my PSP denies me.

^ doesnt the problem then become that the keys are rather thick and the light doesnt shine through?

Back