Test-Run of the 1GHz Pandoras happens today (2012-07-05)

Sorry in Advance for the Off Topic:

Acording to the 12 - 15 RMAs you have, and your Vacations at 21.July, EvilDragon, is my Unit one of these Units??, And are they ready next week??

thangs for the Answer and have nice Vacations :)

I hope my unit gets repaired before the 20th, I'm itching to try out Android :)

Regardless I hope you have a refreshing holiday ED!
If it's anything like the experience I've had, you'll probly contemplate homi... er, suic... uh, smashing pu...

Anyway, it'd involve getting both really frustrated & surprisingly amazed at how Firefox refuses to work, how flash support gets worse when you install the official stuff to improve it, the inability to use the nubs in the same way you do in Linux, & how it's possible to delete your own access to nearly all of your apps with one misstep(including the one for getting out of android).

Last edited by a moderator:
^not sure what your doing with it, but I've had no issues at all with android infact It seems to work better on the Pandora than my Motorola Droid X. Netflix, Kindle reader and almost all my games just runs perfect... I never use Flash content much as it's crap on any system.

^not sure what your doing with it, but I've had no issues at all with android infact It seems to work better on the Pandora than my Motorola Droid X. Netflix, Kindle reader and almost all my games just runs perfect... I never use Flash content much as it's crap on any system.
Oh, there's your problem. Motorola ;)

Mostly I'm trying to do flash, cause that's a lot of videos I watch on the internet. A youtube video app for Pandora's good enough for Youtube stuff, but I need(want) to be able to watch stuff besides that, too. I wouldn't have a reason to bother with the kindle reader, since I have a kindle 3, but good to know that works. If I can get the netflix working, that'll be neat. Also, I seriously have no idea why Firefox refuses to work or why installing updated flash stuff made flash stop working reasonably. It's weird.

Hmm, Netflix works fine on both my 256 and 512 MB Pandora.. Are you using the latest Android Gingerbread PND?, If you upgraded from one version to another did you clear out the appdata directory? As for Firefox, yeah it crashes on me as well.. but I actually prefer the default Android browser so it's never been a concern of mine.

looks like the 1ghz units will be with craig by by next tuesday judging by eds post.Less than 2 weeks till i get my unit.It seems.

looks like the 1ghz units will be with craig by by next tuesday judging by eds post.Less than 2 weeks till i get my unit.It seems.
Hope that goes down as planned.

Are you using the latest Android Gingerbread PND?, If you upgraded from one version to another did you clear out the appdata directory? As for Firefox, yeah it crashes on me as well.. but I actually prefer the default Android browser so it's never been a concern of mine.
It's this one: http://boards.openpa...bread-in-a-pnd/ I haven't had mine long, so it's been pretty recent that I've messed with this.

What a pleasant surprise I had when I checked my email this morning:

I am happy to tell you that your Pandora has been fixed and is ready to
be shipped back to you.

and

I replaced both nubs as well as the LCD Cable and the broken case
parts, made a test run and flashed it to the latest firmware.

I also included a new battery.

Great job ED, and all before your holiday too! Cheers :D

Nice, i hope ED is also ready whit my unit, but i ditnt get a Email this morning, but there are 4 days until end of the week, so maybe i get my unit bevore EDs Holidays..

Ive got my Unit back, the new case looks nice, and i got one of the Offizial Openpandora Cardboxes which is realy realy cool :)

also: the new case seems a lot more tought as the old one,

IMG_20120719_101208.jpg

Weelll, it didn't take them until tomorrow to give me some results: I just got a phone call.

As mentioned, they tried four different methods to populate the PCBs to find the best one to work with.

One lead to 17 out of 20 non-working PCBs - so forget about that one ;)

The other ones had mixed results, but the best one has 15 fully working PCBs and 5 non-working. This might sound bad, but it's a good value to continue to work with.

Only one out of that 5 wasn't booting, so we can work with that. An X-Ray test will help them to find out what needs to be improved and worked on.

Should be some more tweaks and they're ready for mass production.

40 out of the 80 ones that are produced are working fine and I'll get them most probably next Wednesday.

Probably half of them will go to Craig and half of them to me.

I'm on holiday from July 20th till July 27th (yay, one week relaxing) but of course, during this time, GC will continue to work on the PCBs and hopefully populate a lot more.

So the remaining 1GHz preorders should get their unit until mid August :)

What? No pre-vacation update?

Enjoy your time off Sir!

Enjoy your well deserved holiday ED. Hope the 1Ghz run went OK and that you can enjoy a stress free week. :)

I have a lot Pandora Pictures taken since i got this Handheld March 2011, (in black) EvilDragons new Pandora site has a User Picture Sektion as i remember corektly ..

IMG_20120719_101253.jpg

IMG_20120719_101320.jpg

HECK, STOP WITH THE PICTURES!

It is making my mind go "buy it now don´t question!".

Really really great, I love the new silver case too! :wub:

Back