Testing Wanted For A New Gp2x F200 Game

iprice said:
I've rewritten the Options screen from scratch. I've removed D-Pad support for now. Volume adjustment and Clear Profile are also missing.
The touchscreen in the Options screen doesn't work properly. :(

The crosshair moves relatively in a 4x3 pixel box compared to the actual location of the touch.

(Are the other screens suppose to be affected also by the change? All the other screens also exhibit the same thing.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The other screens should NOT be affected, and obviously this re-write of the Options function hasn't helped at all.

So all other menu screens now have the same problem?

:(

iprice said:
The other screens should NOT be affected, and obviously this re-write of the Options function hasn't helped at all.

So all other menu screens now have the same problem?

:(
Yes, all the other screens seems to have the same problem. :(

All the other screens seems to be working again for touchscreen. The coordinates on the crosshair works.

The Options screen still doesn't work, but it's the "grab and drag" problem again. <_<

At least all the other screens are working again. :)

OK. Thanks Manjuu. I'll probably post an update tomorrow now.

If the worst comes to the worst, at least the main options and game work well enough to enter the competition as it is - just need to increase the number of levels and balance them out a bit.

With regard to user levels, would it be worth adding a new option (ha ha!) to play those separately to those of the main game? So the game would have say 60 levels, but user levels could be infinite. You then wouldn't be able to edit the game levels (without faffing about).

iprice said:
Let's see what this does. Options menu completely re-coded. I've removed the volume option - it's irrelevant really, you can just use the volume controls anyway.

The touchscreen in the Options screen still doesn't work. It's the "grab and drag" problem. The rest seems to be working fine.

I noticed that the crosshair doesn't reset back to 0,0 on some screens. The last position of the crosshair would be kept, instead of resetting.

Here are the following screens that doesn't reset when exiting from the previous screen:
- How To Play screen -> Options screen
- Puzzle Editor -> Options screen
- Test mode -> Puzzle Editor
- Splash screen -> Language Select screen

This has got to be something external to the Options function. Something is happening somewhere else in the program and interfering with the stylus position.

I've completely rewritten the code so many times, it can't be possible to keep writing it wrong time after time and I really am re-writing it.

The crosshair not resetting is to be expected - I'm just jumping out of the Options function then back in, rather than exiting from it completely. It will remember the last co-ords of the cursor. I don't think I put a reset stylus position into the Language Select screen.

iprice said:
Here's a quick update - http://www.iprice.remakes.org/stuff/bloxv1_051.rar

The only thing I've changed is now using Local variables in the Options screen. No variable or value from elsewhere in the program is accessed at all. Nothing else has been added or changed.

Touchscreen works only on the changelog screen and competition splash screen. One you get to language select it stops working on all screens entirely. I can see the cursor jump around a little while touching the screen, but that's all....

iprice said:
The only thing I've changed is now using Local variables in the Options screen. No variable or value from elsewhere in the program is accessed at all. Nothing else has been added or changed.
I feel we're just going in circles. :ph34r:

The touchscreen still doesn't work in the Options screen, but now, it also broke in the other screens. It's the "relative coordinates" problem this time, not the "grab and drag" problem.

I've felt like we've been going in circles for the last month.

There is no way that changing the values in the Options screen should affect any of the rest of the program. But it does. The variables are completely local to the Options function only. There is no connection between that function and any other function. The moment the Options function starts all other functions stop. The variable from other functions are not available to this function or vice versa. The variables should be completely, and utterly independent.

There is something going on within GLBasic and/or the touchscreen that I'm just not seeing.

None of this makes any sense at all. I just don't get it.

I could see the change not making any difference to the Options function, but is should not in any way, shape or form affect anything else.

OK. What I'll do is create a completely empty Options function. Nothing in it except to move the cursor around. That will just take a few lines.

If the cursor still won't move then I'm stuffed.

New update - http://www.iprice.remakes.org/stuff/bloxv1_052.rar

Like Coder_TimT said, all seems well. Touchscreen works in the Options screen and in the rest of the screens.

So the problem is local to the Options screen then? :huh:

That's great. So it IS something I'm doing. :( I just can't understand what.

It definitely is local to the Options screen - quite how or why it affects other menus I haven't got a clue. I knew this was the case though.

I'm going to have to start adding bits to the code and see what stops it from working. At least it's progress and it means that there is a solution.

Cheers :)

Update - http://www.iprice.remakes.org/stuff/bloxv1_053.rar Added menu text and movement with D-Pad.

Still good. :D

P.S. I'm having a hard time solving the new Puzzle #35. Finished the rest already. :rolleyes:

Back