The Cases Are Fine: Ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MWeston said:
They sent me seven cases. Maybe they made 12-15 cases and these were the best of them.

Did all seven have the hinge crack problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston said:
Ah yes, the hinge area. There are clips in that area that hold the two halves tightly together and they screwed up somehow. On this revision, the recessed spots for the clips to sit in got completely evacuated and there are holes right through the case. They didn't do this on rev2. Rev2 just had roughness on the bottom edges of these parts and not the destruction of the clip channels like this time.

Have to say it's worrying if there's been an irreversible change to the mold.

aesir911 said:
TrashyMG said:
aesir911 said:
too many people drawing out probably... we are getting tired of fail after endless fail...

Just like your troll after endless troll?

I'm sure the cases will be fine when Mass production continues.

your comments don't make any sense... i find it amusing when people troll to try to point out "trolls". especially from someone with the net content of 0. i'm answering a question, where you are picking a fight. you're titled to your opinions though mr. trashy troll.

You went to 5 different threads and said the same damn thing about the cases. Your attitude is poison to this project and I was getting tired of it after the first time I saw it.

Please take this battle to PM's (or /dev/null) and off of this thread.

And whichever person is first to post after me and try to get the 'last word' is the real troll. ;)

aesir911 said:
too many people drawing out probably... we are getting tired of fail after endless fail...

If the fail is endless, nothing can come after it, can it?

^^ there is that slim chance something will go very wrong and no one will get a pandora. MWeston already mentioned 'bankruptcy' this week. You never know.. That's why I think something needs to happen, and fast. Fingers crossed these cases can be made.

MWeston said:
It's definitely a bad batch which is the insulting part, especially when this problem wasn't present on the past cases. It's always X steps forward, Y steps back. I don't know what those values are yet. :)

We don't have a choice about going with them. We are a year and a half in with this company (going back to CNC/SLA prototypes), they have a ton of our money and if we said we were starting all the molds over with another company, everybody would try to cancel their order and OpenPandora Ltd. would declare bankruptcy. For the past five months we've just been hoping that the next leap was the leap home. :D

Gruso is right. However, it is possible. It's scary that MWeston would even use the word. There is a possibility here that the mould company really is, just crap. I don't mean to cite frustration but some things need to be faced. I still have hope that we'll get some good news soon :)

shunun said:
MWeston said:
It's definitely a bad batch which is the insulting part, especially when this problem wasn't present on the past cases. It's always X steps forward, Y steps back. I don't know what those values are yet. :)

We don't have a choice about going with them. We are a year and a half in with this company (going back to CNC/SLA prototypes), they have a ton of our money and if we said we were starting all the molds over with another company, everybody would try to cancel their order and OpenPandora Ltd. would declare bankruptcy. For the past five months we've just been hoping that the next leap was the leap home. :D

My guess is that this company understands perfectly this situation (OP has no choice) and is stalling (not really doing anything to address known problems while delaying delivery) to achieve one of 2 goals :
- either we lower our expectations and they deliver as is with no further cost to them
- or we give them some more money to address this problem
From their point of view, they win either way ;o)

torpor said:
THE CASES ARE FINE!!! SHIP!!!

:D :pandora2ut4:

denial... i'm hoping they are fine too. we'll fine out soon enough!

aesir911 said:
Prometheus said:
MarkoeZ said:
I'd take one of those first 500, IF the hingecrack is fixed.
This is my view also*. (The rev.-2's looked nice to me, and I'm pretty sure that the rev.-3's will as well with non-recycled plastics and that crack gone.)

*Disclaimer: It only applies to me. I'm not saying what anyone else should or shouldn't accept. :p

umm... those cases were absolute s**t. didn't you see the pictures? they ooze some release agent too. absolute crap...
I'm a little late responding to this, my apologies.

Anyway, yes, I saw the pictures. I also fully understood the reasons for the way they looked, as I'd read up on it all (why the grease was there, the high likelihood of them being made using recycled plastics, and so on) long before I posted in this thread. ;)

Anyhow, they've been green-lighted now, so all is well. :)

Prometheus said:
aesir911 said:
Prometheus said:
MarkoeZ said:
I'd take one of those first 500, IF the hingecrack is fixed.
This is my view also*. (The rev.-2's looked nice to me, and I'm pretty sure that the rev.-3's will as well with non-recycled plastics and that crack gone.)

*Disclaimer: It only applies to me. I'm not saying what anyone else should or shouldn't accept. :p

umm... those cases were absolute s**t. didn't you see the pictures? they ooze some release agent too. absolute crap...
I'm a little late responding to this, my apologies.

Anyway, yes, I saw the pictures. I also fully understood the reasons for the way they looked, as I'd read up on it all (why the grease was there, the high likelihood of them being made using recycled plastics, and so on) long before I posted in this thread. ;)

Anyhow, they've been green-lighted now, so all is well. :)

smile046.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back