The Cases Are Fine: Ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gruso said:
My head says we need to learn more about the hinge issue, if it is an issue.

Maybe MWeston was so pissed off he cracked it himself :D I think i would have ;)

But really, Has he actually said anything about the hinge Gruso? I really don't think the production run will look/be like that. I thought those were your words in the blog, not a quote. On that note i think you should edit it so it's obvious as to what MWeston is saying. Because There's no quote marks like other blogs. Keep up the good work Gruso :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The dark blue bar to the left of the paragraph indicates it's a quote. It's what the theme gives you when use the <blockquote> tag. I'm actually interested to hear that maybe everyone doesn't know that. Sometimes I add a name to the quotes, sometimes not if the person is already mentioned in the article. Maybe I should do it all the time. :)

I too am hoping that doing a small run like this is nothing like setting up to do thousands as I have commented in the big post. They sent me seven cases. Maybe they made 12-15 cases and these were the best of them. From all I have read in my google searches, firing up the machines to only pump out cases, even in the dozens, cannot be considered reliable as the machines barely get up to temperature and proper mix rate...or something like that. I don't know enough since I have never worked for a plastics company. I do know that when they finally get around to making our test cases it is when they have scheduled machine time for us so it isn't likely they will wait hours for the machines to pump out perfect cases only meant for testing when they have bigger, more important (to them anyway) customers lined up next in the queue.

To those few who say they work with or at molding companies, I welcome your opinions. I think you get some heat for being so critically negative rather than just offering objective opinions.

Isn't it ironic that the cases arriving on time Friday afternoon is turning out to be worse than if they were delayed until Monday because now we have to wait two days for an answer? :)

MWeston said:
I too am hoping that doing a small run like this is nothing like setting up to do thousands as I have commented in the big post. They sent me seven cases. Maybe they made 12-15 cases and these were the best of them. From all I have read in my google searches, firing up the machines to only pump out cases, even in the dozens, cannot be considered reliable as the machines barely get up to temperature and proper mix rate...or something like that. I don't know enough since I have never worked for a plastics company. I do know that when they finally get around to making our test cases it is when they have scheduled machine time for us so it isn't likely they will wait hours for the machines to pump out perfect cases only meant for testing when they have bigger, more important (to them anyway) customers lined up next in the queue.

To those few who say they work with or at molding companies, I welcome your opinions. I think you get some heat for being so critically negative rather than just offering objective opinions.

Isn't it ironic that the cases arriving on time Friday afternoon is turning out to be worse than if they were delayed until Monday because now we have to wait two days for an answer? :)

So it sounds as if at this moment in the production we are waiting for a response from the manufacturer, on Monday. Does this mean it's unlikely that we will get any more (worthwhile) updates until then? lol if so I can stop obsessively F5'ing.

MWeston said:
I too am hoping that doing a small run like this is nothing like setting up to do thousands as I have commented in the big post. They sent me seven cases. Maybe they made 12-15 cases and these were the best of them. From all I have read in my google searches, firing up the machines to only pump out cases, even in the dozens, cannot be considered reliable as the machines barely get up to temperature and proper mix rate...or something like that.

Looks like that's only going to get answered when we do go for the big run. This has been an interesting learning experience for us all so far. I knew nothing about the manufacturing process before ordering.

Alerino said:
MWeston said:

no friday cases, no trolling, no nonsense threads and polls, no heart attacks risks, no fun at all! We needed some excitement! Now bring on those pics and videos... yeah!
yes, Injection Machines, might require up to several days tinkering with parameters and warm up if you havent properly set the parameters before, once you get perfect parameters for a single mould it can be fired up much more faster, the only thing between the useable product depends on the mould size and quality and injection machine quality, as for example a simple grocery crate takes nearly 200 runs/cycle (2-3 Hours) in order to get a stable quality over the net area CRATE PHOTO but some Co. i know they dont just wait but use some after moulding boxes so when cooling off they dont expand inwards and end up looking so bended (or bent?).

DroneB Dev said:
yes, Injection Machines, might require up to several days tinkering with parameters and warm up if you havent properly set the parameters before, once you get perfect parameters for a single mould it can be fired up much more faster, the only thing between the useable product depends on the mould size and quality and injection machine quality, as for example a simple grocery crate takes nearly 200 runs/cycle (2-3 Hours) in order to get a stable quality over the net area CRATE PHOTO but some Co. i know they dont just wait but use some after moulding boxes so when cooling off they dont expand inwards and end up looking so bended (or bent?).

This sounds like good news to me. As long as when the mold company actually begins producing cases, they take the time to do these things.

There are so many threads I cannot keep up !
If anyone out there is listening, I would be quite happy with getting a Pandora now and pay extra later for a better case.

I guess we just have to wait for some sort of word that the powers that be have talked to the mold company and to find out what the next step is..

but if there are 'X' number of cases ready to be populated and some people do not want them, then just bump people up the line.
I would be happy to have my case re-coated at a plastics shop locally in order to get the finish I want.

David

Mithrildor said:
Like no? I want a case with a nice finish instead of a fakkin ugly one. It is also unknown if the silkscreen is good. We have waited for 2 years, so why not 2 months more?

Lol I think many of us are afraid the hardware specs is going to be obsolete by upcoming gizmo's, so if that happens your investment value will go down.

MWeston said:

Probably but... oh, I don't know. Doesn't their Monday start during your Sunday? Getting the cases Fridau means you could have a head-start on finding out what's what - and I'm not too sure tha tthe forum would have been all idillic and pleasant this weekend if we were all on tinterhooks waiting for the cases to arrive.

It's certainly scary what the factory thinks of as "perfection". Language barriers can be a real PITA - I mean, look at all the miscommunication that goes on around here, when most of us presumably have a reasonable grasp of a common language!

shunun said:
He's right, just ship already!

Yes! I don't mean to be hasty, but I ordered mine before Holiday hoping that it would come by the new year. I was wrong. <_<
Hey, but I know the devs are working their asses off trying to get this thing done, and I respect that. But I don't think they need to worry about the cases /too/ much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back