The current situation

Agreed, and I bet if you could sell for 100$ you would, as that would enforce the brand in a market with no straight competition.

100$ will certainly never be possible, and I don't see a huge price drop anytime soon, as we first need to finish all our queues and get out of these debts.

Well first off, Thanks for an update Craig! Currently I'm not waiting for anything personally, but trying to mitigate the over morale on the boards has been tough.

I will say that at some point, I will have to get a 1GHz but unfortunately I'm still trying to stabalise my finances after changing jobs(for the better... but still!)

You're really not a business shark, ED :)

Not a good idea to announce that maybe in the future you'll lower the price, that will just encourage people to wait for that to happen...

Well, you don't need to be smart to know that if a product sells good, the price can be lowered ;)

It's the same with the PSP, PSVita, etc. :)

Yeah the important point to remember here is that the price CAN'T be lowered unless it sells well, so sitting biding your time isn't going to help it sell well.

I'm probably just being dense, but I didn't see a mention as to what's happening with the 1Ghz test batch... is there an estimate as to when the the rest of the test batch orders will be sent? (I won't hold you to it)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update.

Though I understand most of the why's and I like the symbolic price of 666 euro's for the 1 GHz system

and as I understand 1 GHz machine funds a previous order as well, this is not the right proportion, and I think the price is too high.

On my part this withholds me to buy one.

Seems both Craig and ED's finances need to be in a better state before Craig can afford to pay for the 70 1GHz units he's already sent out and order more. Or at least that's my reading of the situation. It's predicted that Craig's finances at least will be better when his tax refund comes in, but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Thanks for the update, both of you, Craig and ED. I hope the situation gets resolved soon. In the meanwhile, if you're planning on selling 600MHz units, a concrete price would be useful.

Unfortunately for me, I'm not sure what to do right now. I had worked out a plan, and was just waiting for a quote from Craig to work out what to do, but this has changed the landscape rather. Still, I've a feeling in the longer term it'll work out better for all of us. Please keep us informed.

Thanks!

thanks for the info you guys wish i could just hit the lotto and buy afew 1ghz for myself and donate a mill. or two, maybe this week my luck will change and get the winning #'s. anyways thanks again for all your hard work and never giving up

Means the refunds will lead to more classic pandoras? https://www.dragonbo...-classic-1.html
No I don't think so.

Coz. 256MB PCB is does not exist anymore.(didn't return from CC)

My understanding is existing preorder will get 512MB Pandora not classic(classic is not brand new it's 2nd hand 256MB PCB with new case)

Actually upgrade from 256 to 1GHz/512MB will lead to more classic Pandora.

Now I am not sure about the UK tax system but I can't imagine tax returns would be processed in September. When does your financial year end the middle or end of the year?

The thing is I don't see how you can recap the funds. You can almost guarantee that your shops sales would dry up because in all honesty who would buy from you knowing that you can just purchase from ED and get it delivered quickly and avoid the risk of going in some unknown queue. EDIT: just checked and it seems like you don't sell Pandora's anymore.

The only things I can see that can resolve this in the short term is ED being insanely generous and to be honest I wouldn't recommend ED to do this. Or if your Kick starter is successful to use the funds from that. The issue with that is then you risk transferring the problem to the ICP 2 and it probably also breaches the T&C of kickstarter.

Now in the medium term you talk about a tax return but you haven't paid ED for the initial units you have already sent out properly so I imagine that a lot of that money will go towards breaking even with ED.

Long term the ICP sales will fund us 1ghz pre orders the same way the initial pre orders are getting funded by the 1 Ghz.

I actually think I am never going to see my Pandora or I will be waiting another 2+ years :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update. It's hard to stay with the project when you feel like you're in the dark. I've been considering buying a 1GHz unit, but I don't want to put the money down until there's no waiting list for it. Recently, I was thinking about getting a refund and ordering from ED, but it seems like that will just make the problem worse.

As one of the first-batchers it's nice to see news posts like this.

...but god damn, the OP team is really dedicated.

I feel like any other company would have abandoned ship and legally screwed over their customers by this point.

It's kinda sad when I see people claiming the OP team are greedy (due to prices).

A bit overdue, but I am very glad to see this update.

Thank you for the transparency, it's what makes you guys so awesome.

Is there a planned update for this plan that is being nailed out? Not saying I want to know specifics asap. but knowing, if say in a couple of days, we'll know more will help...

Now I am not sure about the UK tax system but I can't imagine tax returns would be processed in September. When does your financial year end the middle or end of the year?

I won't try to comment on the rest of the post, but don't assume about other countries bureucratic systems. And particularly not about old hairy once like the British or, god forbid, the French :)

In Sweden (just to add a data point), the forms that you fill in (as a citizen) has to be sent in in the first days of may. Then, the returns are payed out around the beginning of june, the middle of august or the middle of september, depending on how complicated the case is. I.e. If you are a normal private citizen with no alterations on your forms, then you get your payout early since those are the easy cases. If you own property, have bought and sold stock, own a business or two and are applying for special condition writeoffs, then you'l be in the september bunch. And this is in a country with a fiscal year ending at 31 of december...And I don't expect the UK system to be any less hairy, and I certainly don't expect Craigs tax returns to be in the "easily stamped and cleared" bunch :D

And Craig: Good to hear from your side. A bit late, but I think I understand your position/condition...

I won't try to comment on the rest of the post, but don't assume about other countries bureucratic systems. And particularly not about old hairy once like the British or, god forbid, the French :)

In Sweden (just to add a data point), the forms that you fill in (as a citizen) has to be sent in in the first days of may. Then, the returns are payed out around the beginning of june, the middle of august or the middle of september, depending on how complicated the case is. I.e. If you are a normal private citizen with no alterations on your forms, then you get your payout early since those are the easy cases. If you own property, have bought and sold stock, own a business or two and are applying for special condition writeoffs, then you'l be in the september bunch. And this is in a country with a fiscal year ending at 31 of december...And I don't expect the UK system to be any less hairy, and I certainly don't expect Craigs tax returns to be in the "easily stamped and cleared" bunch :D

And Craig: Good to hear from your side. A bit late, but I think I understand your position/condition...

It's probabably the VAT he paid over the refunds that he's getting back. I for instance pay my VAT every month.

Thanks for the update. Though I can't help but feel abit jaded with the knowledge my upgrade fee was used to pay for refunds, AND I will still have to wait for an substantial undisclosed amount of time for my pandora. At least I can stop obsesively checking my emails.

Usually, only normal persons do their tax stuff once a year.

Companies have to do it every three months or sometimes even monthly.

I have to do it every three months as well, which means next end of the quarter for me would be September, so I'll get it back (or would have to pay) in October as well.

I'm not sure yet how exactly we'll work it out and when I'll be able to send 1GHz units to Craigs customers yet. I need to recalculate, as these 20K EUR are now missing in my planning, and that's quite a lot of money.

I need to be able to pay the next big GC bill in October, so I need to check first how many of those 1GHz units I need to sell to new customers to be able to get enough money before I know how many I can spare.

The bad thing is that not only those 20K are lost for me - potential customers also are lost, since they paid to Craig already and didn't get their unit yet.

These could order from me right now, but I'm sure they wouldn't want to pay twice.

So yes, I WILL help you all as good as I can, but I was really depending on that money for a smooth ride and that's a bit of a letdown for me.

I'm not in a bad financial situation right, don't worry, but I cannot send out free 1GHz units until I made at least those 20K back.

Back