The current situation

I would have cancelled years ago without this commitment. But, then again, years ago there might not have been anything to cancel without that sort of commitment. I just wish I could afford a 1ghz unit. It would help out and I'm sure that in the long run it would be really nice to have

And of course thank you and Craig for the update. I was wondering where things were, it's unfortunate that that many orders were canceled..

EDIT: I assume it's not feasible to bump my order back seeing as I can't use it until I return to the US anyways and having it sitting waiting for me isn't going to make anybody happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, if my cash flow is back to normal soon, I'll just order a new 1Ghz unit through ED and see what happens with my old order from Craig, will probably just sell or give it out whenever it may (not) arrive. At least that should give me a pandora, and not have to askf or a refund when the situation is so bad.

Hmm, if my cash flow is back to normal soon, I'll just order a new 1Ghz unit through ED and see what happens with my old order from Craig, will probably just sell or give it out whenever it may (not) arrive. At least that should give me a pandora, and not have to askf or a refund when the situation is so bad.

You can transfer your old order from craig to ED his shop, and upgrade it to 1ghz, then you just pay the price difference between the classic and the 1ghz unit.

Contact ED for the details.

I ordered back in March 09 from Craig's shop and was under the impression that asking for a refund was preferable to ED and Craig due to the low price I paid, is this no longer the case ? Would it be better now to wait ?

I ordered back in March 09 from Craig's shop and was under the impression that asking for a refund was preferable to ED and Craig due to the low price I paid, is this no longer the case ? Would it be better now to wait ?

It depends on if you want a pandora or not, if you want it, then wait, if you want it and dont want to wait, upgrade to an 1ghz pandora and youl receive it in no time.

And last, if you dont want it anymore, then they refund.

So I just wanted to clear something up. I'm an original pre orderer and was about to upgrade to the 1GHz, should I go ahead with this or wait for the plan to be sorted out?

So I just wanted to clear something up. I'm an original pre orderer and was about to upgrade to the 1GHz, should I go ahead with this or wait for the plan to be sorted out?

Go ahead, but currently i recommend ordering from ED his shop, so try to transfer the order from craig to ED, by contacting ED, and upgrade to 1ghz.

Craig is way too busy with the ICP2 currently.

upgrade to an 1ghz pandora and youl receive it in no time.
As he ordered with Craig and not with ED (seperate shops!) this is not true.

Again, as he ordered with Craig and not with ED this is kinda doubtful and there certainly is no "they" in refund as Craig and ED refund only there own customers.

upgrade to an 1ghz pandora and youl receive it in no time.
As he ordered with Craig and not with ED (seperate shops!) this is not true.

Again, as he ordered with Craig and not with ED this is kinda doubtful and there certainly is no "they" in refund as Craig and ED refund only there own customers.

Which is why i recommended him to contact ED about transferring orders from Craig to ED his shop.

Its worth the try.

Please don't start contacting me all - I've got too many mails already.

I'll most probably offer an upgrade for Craigs classic preorders soon as well. Upgrade and get 1GHz right away.

Please give me some time to do my maths and find out how much I can afford, okay?

Please don't start contacting me all - I've got too many mails already.

I'll most probably offer an upgrade for Craigs classic preorders soon as well. Upgrade and get 1GHz right away.

Please give me some time to do my maths and find out how much I can afford, okay?

I knew i read something about those offers, didnt know you havent work them out yet, apologies for that.

I pre-ordered from Craig in 2009 and had been in email contact trying to upgrade my order since before I understood the present mess. As I see it, this shouldn't change my mind. My original pre-order might be honoured eventually if I hold on, but not if everybody jumps ship and cancels entirely or go to ED instead.

By upgrading my pre-order with Craig now, he gets the money which can go directly towards fixing this mess, and the "old preorder" queue gets reduced so that there's less of a mess to sort out.

If everybody thinking of upgrading does the same and sticks with Craig a bit longer then the mess can be sorted reasonably soon and we can all get Pandoras. If everybody jumps ship to ED then the mess just gets drawn out for longer and more people get upset.

There seems to be transparency from all parties now, so I'm happy to reward that by showing a bit more good faith and hope others will do the same. :)

It depends on if you want a pandora or not, if you want it, then wait, if you want it and dont want to wait, upgrade to an 1ghz pandora and youl receive it in no time.

You've missed my point a little, is it still better for Craig if classic orderers request a refund (if they don't want to upgrade in any way) ? Thanks.

Ive ended up just buying a whole new unit from Ed. I wasn't willing to wait any longer myself. I'll probably leave my pre-order with Craig for a while if I can, we all want to see this project succeed.

Failure now equals no pandora 2 (and from what I hear, that will be sexy as hell).

You've missed my point a little, is it still better for Craig if classic orderers request a refund (if they don't want to upgrade in any way) ? Thanks.

If you don't want to upgrade, then it's best to hold off on asking for a refund while Craig works on his cash-flow problem.

Are you 100% sure about that?

It could be that ED is committed to giving Craig X amount of free pandoras, in which case Craig would end up with a product that is worth more than the value he refunded.

HOWEVER - it could be the case that ED is only supplying Craig with pandoras that equal the current size of his queue, in which case holding on costs Craig nothing, but asking for a refund makes Craig lose money.

Not being 100% sure on which case this is, I wouldn't recommend people ask for refunds from Craig as it may not be helping anyone.

Thanks for the update, Craig. I've stuck to my preorder since January 2011. Part of me wishes I could upgrade my order to get my unit sooner and help you clean up the mess, but in a fit of irony, luck caused me to lose my job the very same month I ordered my Pandora and I've been out of work ever since...

All this openness and honesty makes me want to order a 1ghz. But I don't need it and I've already spent too much money this year...

Still I really feel like ordering just to reward you for being such good people.

Thanks for the update Craig. I'm on a pre-order from April 2009 (I must admit to being a bit shocked when I worked that date out), and somehow I've kept the faith. I've stayed into my mobile gaming with various mobile kit (now on a clever PSP and a Vita) - and the Pandora subject has become an absolute source of hilarity, mythology and farce in my house.

My wife thinks I am a complete nutcase in holding on, but it's belief in such a project (and of course the possibilities that the machine brings) that have made me hold on - but I am not counting my chickens before they are hatched.

The look on my wife's face if one turns up would be actually worth the wait (I NEVER thought I would ever say that), as she in no way believes that a machine will ever ever arrive. I'll take and post a pic of her reaction - she'll really never believe it.

And - pardon the bribery Craig, but if you can get me one by the end of the month I'll pledge £75 to the iControlPad2 (I am deadly serious).

Top one to all of you guys who have held on for the machine - I felt all alone :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the update Craig.

Looking forward to the machine when it arrives (or EvilDragon works out an upgrade price that can't be refused).

Cheers all

Ant

PS 1000 White - Very Very Special and Immaculate with over 20 cards and carrying case (for sale)

PS 3000

PSP Go

A330 (with controller)

Dingoo A320 BNIB - (for sale)

Nintendo 3DS

PSP Vita

Pardon the blatant ads but I need to cull my beloved collection - if anyone wants more details please ask.

Back