keep it old school :D

Lincity (preferably ng)
Neverball (and Neverputt)
Super Tux
SuperTuxKart
pokerth
FreeCiv
Secret Maryo Chronicles

Most emulators are being ported so I'm not saying those.

PoisonedV said:
There is a game like a modernized (yes i know noctis isnt THAT old) version of noctis, called Ad Astra. Not sure if its open source, because I can't find it anywhere online. it has the combat and trading of a typcal space sim like ur quan or elite but the exploration of noctis. if anyone wants to check that out...

Awesome find, btw on Ad Astra. I found the actual site for it for you.

http://www.a-astra.com/ There you go :)

And thank you to everyone who is kind enough to look at the links I posted on Noctis/Nice. This community is honestly one of the best, friendliest, and most open minded I've ever seen when it comes to idea sharing.

I think this community was a big part of my buying a Pandora. Oh, also, the fact that Pandora friggin rocks.

And Awesome on the Frotz news.

Back to Ad Astra, this looks awesome. I really hope we see open ended space exploration in some form on the Pandora.

I am going to try and port frets on fire (guitar hero clone) to the pandora,that is once I can get my hands on the source.

Did anyone here ever play KQ? I tried it out on the GP2X but it was really jumpy so I didn't play it much. It looked like it might be a decent RPG though. Might be worth porting.

ryan0 said:
I am going to try and port frets on fire (guitar hero clone) to the pandora,that is once I can get my hands on the source.
I wish you luck... it's a very inefficient engine. I'm a GH addict, however, so I'd greatly appreciate if you do get anywhere with this task.

Phawx said:
I know there is a gp2x version of TD, but Hex TD is a better variant. Hex TD needs a JVM I believe as its written in Java.
I would argue against that point. Alex.'s SqDef is wonderful and can easily compare if not surpass hex td.

anyway, looks like Ad Astra is closed source and not under active development :\

PoisonedV said:
Phawx said:
I know there is a gp2x version of TD, but Hex TD is a better variant. Hex TD needs a JVM I believe as its written in Java.
I would argue against that point. Alex.'s SqDef is wonderful and can easily compare if not surpass hex td.

anyway, looks like Ad Astra is closed source and not under active development :

Dang. Any other ideas on a source code available game that allows open ended planet exploring? Preferably with landing on planets, like Noctis?

Last edited by a moderator:
dasfool said:
Cave Story has already been ported to the GP2X. Shouldn't that make it a brisk port to the Pandora or is that not the question here?
It's dubious because just now there is a commercial version of Cave Story in the works (gonna be a Wiiware title). Although the porting itself would probably be pretty easy, remember that it never was open source to begin with. Most probably all the porters for the PSP, NDS, linux and GP2X versions had his official permission and got the source directly from him. Maybe he doesn't even own those rights anymore if Nintendo or whoever he made the contract with doesn't want any more freeware versions to roam the net. However, since nobody is able to stop the already available ports from being uploaded and downloaded across the internet, maybe they won't bother with yet another of those free versions and rather try to make people buy the Wii version (or even an DSi version someday) ontop of all the free ones. They already announced that there will be some extra content in the commercial version, so maybe that's their strategy.

So in the end nobody knows until someone asks Pixel directly. Anyone here fluent in Japanese?

I might be blind but I haven't seen woogal around latley and what is life without lacuna?

It's on the gp32, its simple and great. The music is like being "in the zone" but for your ears.

I know this probably won't happen, but it would be fun if we could convince the Skype guys to make an ARM compatible version for Linux. I doubt we'd be able to convince them it was worthwhile though.

My top choices would be:

1) Open TTD (already mentioned)
2) Remote Desktop Client
3) Alien Arena
4) Scorched 3D (the father of all games)
5) TORCS

Flight Gear would be pretty awesome too. From what I can tell, the SGX should be able to cope with the 3D acceleration requirements. I stand to be corrected.

I'm a first batcher, and a software developer - so I'll probably take on the challenge of porting 1 of the above 5 (if not more).

roshua said:
My top choices would be:

1) Open TTD (already mentioned)
2) Remote Desktop Client
3) Alien Arena
4) Scorched 3D (the father of all games)
5) TORCS

Flight Gear would be pretty awesome too. From what I can tell, the SGX should be able to cope with the 3D acceleration requirements. I stand to be corrected.

I'm a first batcher, and a software developer - so I'll probably take on the challenge of porting 1 of the above 5 (if not more).

Awesome idea on the Scorched Earth 3D. I think I actually reviewed that on my old radio site a few years ago.

I was hoping that most linux stuff would not need much "porting".
Just do
apt-get install whatever
if that doesn't work
Just download & unzip the source code onto the Pandora, type
./configure --with-appropriate-options
make
sudo make install

Back