The Rabbit Joint

The new Dr Who should be Jonathan Ross with Russell Brand and Manuel as sidekicks, whos first quest is to defend the earth from the Satanic Sluts

pubzombie said:
The new Dr Who should be Jonathan Ross with Russell Brand and Manuel as sidekicks, whos first quest is to defend the earth from the Satanic Sluts
Since you're new to the Discussion Cube, I'll let that one slide. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
That's very generous of you, Lord Nova. *PRAISE HIM, OR FEEL HIS WRATH*

Bloody hell, I didn't realise M$ were working on a new OS already. Way to ditch Vista in its infancy.

Anyway it's on Bittorrent now.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
jakshep2 said:
Nova said:
That's very generous of you, Lord Nova. *PRAISE HIM, OR FEEL HIS WRATH*

Since you're always a douche bag, I'll let that one slide.

hahaha ha ha oh wow.

Nova said:
Bloody hell, I didn't realise M$ were working on a new OS already. Way to ditch Vista in its infancy.

Oh, I BitTorrented it a while ago. I was just wanting the key. The OS is actually amazing, faster than XP, the new features are so useful. Try it, you won't regret it.

Yeah, Microsoft reskins Vista, strips out all of the usual accessories that are normally embedded and everyone will be talking about how great the new OS is and how fast it runs compared to Vista. I still haven't figured out what is so horribly bad about Vista, of course, I wasn't an early adopter so I got to avoid the initial buggy/no drivers available stage.

Frogboy said:
Yeah, Microsoft reskins Vista, strips out all of the usual accessories that are normally embedded and everyone will be talking about how great the new OS is and how fast it runs compared to Vista. I still haven't figured out what is so horribly bad about Vista, of course, I wasn't an early adopter so I got to avoid the initial buggy/no drivers available stage.
Have you used 7?

Nova said:

Oh, I BitTorrented it a while ago. I was just wanting the key. The OS is actually amazing, faster than XP, the new features are so useful. Try it, you won't regret it.

Ace, I was thinking about it. But, I'm worried since it's beta that it will be buggy. And I don't have a Vista disk to install it if it all goes tits up. Plus, doesn't the beta expire, and I'll be left with no OS?

Nova said:
Nova said:

Ace, I was thinking about it. But, I'm worried since it's beta that it will be buggy. And I don't have a Vista disk to install it if it all goes tits up. Plus, doesn't the beta expire, and I'll be left with no OS?

Go get a key, it's valid till August.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

And aye, it is buggy, but nothing you can't stand. I think ATi are to do with most of my crashes, and not the actual OS. Try it out in a VirtualBOx or something, get a taste for it, you won't get aero, or the functions you get with it but it should give you a good idea if you want to make the jump!

Protip, if windows 7 drivers do not exist get Vista/XP drivers and use compatibility mode.

Have you used 7?

No, but it's a logical assumption. I can't imagine that they rewrote the entire thing from scratch in a couple of years. I know, I'm using extremes, but for real, do you really think that they did all that much more than stablize Vista, change the way it looks and cut it up into separate modules to slim it down? There is a reason that everyone loves XP. It was pretty stable from the beginning and the reason that it was so is because it was basically Windows 2000 with some relatively minor changes. I've got nothing against Windows 7. I'm guessing that it'll be a really good and stable OS. Microsoft doesn't have much choice in the matter. As long as they call their OS Vista, everyone is going to hate it.

Frogboy said:
No, it's pretty awesome, go jerk off on xkcd or something.

Back