The Rabbit Joint

dis-cuss-ion cube [dis-cuh-shun kyub]

1. Place to discuss off-topic things
2. Place to analyze the linguistics of discussing off-topic things
3. Place to contemplate the social implications of discussing off-topic things.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Xian Long said:
Offensive definition of faggot, aren't I proving something
It meant a 'pile of sticks' long before it was a slur. Understand, kiddo?
i misread his post, thank you for pointing that out. i understand perfectly, thank you also for automatically assuming i am a kid because i made a mistake.

@Aethix if you look through the etymology a little more, it'll probably tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xian Long said:
Xian Long said:
i misread his post, thank you for pointing that out. i understand perfectly, thank you also for automatically assuming i am a kid because i made a mistake.

@Aethix if you look through the etymology a little more, it'll probably tell you.
Nah, I assume you're a kid based on your selected 'location'.

On an actual discussion note, what the fuck is a matroska. It's really pisses me off because xbox doesn't like it >.<

Xian Long said:
Xian Long said:

On an actual discussion note, what the fuck is a matroska. It's really pisses me off because xbox doesn't like it >.<

Matroska (often .mkv) is a video container (sorta like .avi). It's often used for high-def stuff, and is frequently paired with H.264 encoding. It's a totally open container format (open specs and open source). Microsoft probably doesn't support it because it's too open. ;)

Vorporeal said:
Matroska (often .mkv) is a video container (sorta like .avi). It's often used for high-def stuff, and is frequently paired with H.264 encoding. It's a totally open container format (open specs and open source). Microsoft probably doesn't support it because it's too open. ;)
Isn't he was referring to XMBC? I don't see how else he could try to play .mkv files on an xbox.
Edit: People were saying that the new layout of the board wasn't 800x480 friendly, but when I scale the window to half the width of the screen it still looks fine (and the screen is 1440x900).

Username said:
Vorporeal said:
Isn't he was referring to XMBC? I don't see how else he could try to play .mkv files on an xbox.

I dont know how compatable this is with the 360, but i have heard that it is somehow compatable - theres a program you can get, cross-platform, called ps3 media server.
I was using this the other day and was able to stream .mkv to the ps3, which like the xbox does not support it natively.
http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/

SkuLL said:
I dont know how compatable this is with the 360, but i have heard that it is somehow compatable - theres a program you can get, cross-platform, called ps3 media server.
I was using this the other day and was able to stream .mkv to the ps3, which like the xbox does not support it natively.
http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/
But isn't that just streaming to your PS3? Not exactly the same thing as playing them on a PS3.
Edit: That link was actually interesting.
Edit 2: Nevermind you're right.

Xian Long said:
it's a joke, just in case you didn't know.
Yeah, saying that something "r0xXoorzzz!!!10neeleven" is really a great joke. People who type like that are usually pre-teens, in case you didn't know.

Yeah folks, that matroska is pissing me off big time. I cba converting shit back to a 360 compatible format because it's going to take ages. Ugh.

Shaving does not cause hair to grow back thicker or coarser or darker. This belief is due to the fact that hair that has never been cut has a tapered end, whereas, after cutting, there is no taper. Thus, it appears thicker, and feels coarser due to the sharper, unworn edges. Hair can also appear darker after it grows back because hair that has never been cut is often lighter due to sun exposure.

Fuck you Discussion Cube, I'm tired.
Edit: Stop fucking around and be a man, there ain't nothing out here for you. Sleep time bitches.

DCGM, there's no need to reencode. The only thing the 360 doesn't support is the MKV container, so you can get programs to transcode the video into a supported format very quickly. Try googling for something relevant, I can't remember what the program is called. PS3 video 9 might do it, though, but I'm not sure.

Xian Long said:
it's a joke, just in case you didn't know.
Yeah, saying that something "r0xXoorzzz!!!10neeleven" is really a great joke. People who type like that are usually pre-teens, in case you didn't know.
yes i did know. it's a joke. let's stop discussing this.

storytime with dcgm:

Yesterday I overdosed on Checkers, consuming a Big Buford and like, four large fries. Later I got a migraine and extreme nausea. Popped some Tylenol and vaporized some weed. The weed killed the nausea AND put me to sleep, thus killing the migraine.

More reasons why marijuana is awesome. This should be a public service announcement instead of that bullshit "weed makes you rape women, pillage mom & pop stores and suicide-bomb friendly nations".

storytime with dcgm:

Yesterday I overdosed on Checkers, consuming a Big Buford and like, four large fries. Later I got a migraine and extreme nausea. Popped some Tylenol and vaporized some weed. The weed killed the nausea AND put me to sleep, thus killing the migraine.

More reasons why marijuana is awesome. This should be a public service announcement instead of that bullshit "weed makes you rape women, pillage mom & pop stores and suicide-bomb friendly nations".
Would that be a Volcano or one of the bagless ones?

Also @Xian Long: You're being annoying, please stop.
Edit: Kind of interesting.

Username said:
storytime with dcgm:

Would that be a Volcano or one of the bagless ones?

Also @Xian Long: You're being annoying, please stop.
I use a Vapor Genie and torch lighter. If you don't have one, you should get on that. I paid $70 for mine from a local shop, but it's a bit cheaper online. They're totally worth it. The vapor smells like cooked weed instead of that sickening burned blunt smell. Plus, I use *literally* a pinch (a gram usually lasts me about 10 bowls worth) and I'm beautifully stoned.

Seems cool, but do you need to replace the filter? I can't wait to try one of these out on my herbal blends and tobacco.
Edit: Nevermind found the answer myself.
Edit 2: Ordering one as soon as possible

Back