The Rabbit Joint

Portal's ending got updated!

Last edited by a moderator:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
RAEG

THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN WHEN I SPENT *mumbles* HOURS BEATING PORTAL AGAIN AFTER THE UPDATE

But I still have it installed, so I can just play GlaDOS again real quick.
Next time I'm in Windows.

... Maybe tomorrow.

(naw)mcx said:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/04/usmarts-mc-1-claims-worlds-smallest-title-certainly-wins-ov/

Honey, I shrunk the netbook!
At first I thought, "Wow look at that CD! That laptop must be tiny!"
Then I thought, "Whoa, look at that woman's hand compared to the laptop... CDs must be bigger than I remember."

So I was underwhelmed in the end.

Why not just download Mint 8 running FLUXBOX? It's one of the most simple, weak, low end windowing managers around.
It's good. Simple and fun.

Same as what DSL uses.

Well the Live CD is taking forever to load right now all I can see is the mouse, the wallpaper, and a gray bar at the bottom. The mouse can move so it's definitely not frozen, but I'm worried that it won't be able to load anything else due to 128 mb of ram.
Edit: It still seems to be doing jack shit. If I have too little ram will it not load or will it load really slowly?
@Kingoddball: 256 mb of ram required

Yeah. It WILL be slow as piss while it running in the RAM (128mb). It's all running out of the RAM and off the CDROM (it's probably a slow read speed, too).

Once and if you can boot it (might take awhile - Can't say how long as mines around 4gb ram) and then double click the green button that says 'install'. Then it should run off the hardware like a normal OS.

It's going to be a dog while it's running from your ram and slow cdrom.

You could always just grab a copy of............... Windows .................

I've had a Xubuntu live CD fail to function correctly on a machine as it had only 128MB of RAM. The solution to this was to use the simple text based alternative installer. Once it was installed it was able to make use of swap and so could at least run slowly. The ultimate solution in the end was to stick 512MB of RAM in.

Debians netinst installer should be perfect for the laptop with 128MB of RAM, the installer is text based, easy to use, and lets you select from several window managers. I used it to install Debian with Gnome on my SPARCstation 5 with 96MB of RAM, but it's got 8 bit graphics, so didn't need so much RAM.

Peter R said:
I've had a Xubuntu live CD fail to function correctly on a machine as it had only 128MB of RAM. The solution to this was to use the simple text based alternative installer. Once it was installed it was able to make use of swap and so could at least run slowly. The ultimate solution in the end was to stick 512MB of RAM in.
Yeah I had to use the alternate install cd in order to get xubuntu on there, and it was deathly slow for me as well.

I finally got Xubuntu and LXDE working with internet. It was nice until I realized that neither firefox nor midori can run well at all on my shittop (not even using only one tab). Chrome didn't work either, so I guess I need more ram. Might try Debian in a few days if I haven't killed my laptop with my fists of rage by then.

Edit: I thought my gameinformer subscription was useless until now. I've mostly used their magazines for a lack of toilet paper and something to shoot at with a bb gun, but this issue will be treated specially when I get it.

Fishbong said:
Ever wondered why japanese games used to be a whole lot better than they are today?
Japan: It's not funny anymore
If Kotaku ever had anything worth reading, this would be it. I guess he might be exaggerating, but it makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Wow, what a whiny little fag. Whoever wrote that article, not you :)

AAAARGH MY COPY OF FFXIII ARRIVED!!!

I'm locking myself in my room. Alice, keep an eye on oX while I'm gone.

Back