The Rabbit Joint

Nova said:
Nova said:
PoisonedV is like school in July.

No class.

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif
is that a 40 of Colt? shit, i laugh like that too after a couple of those!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running VectorLinux KDE-Classic on an Celeron 633Mhz with 256M ram and it runs just fine for me. I guess it wouldnt be as nice with only 128M though (there's a Light version with IceWM or JVM though, havent tested). VectorLinux has a relatively fast installer; Mostly because its just a simple textmode installer (slackware heritage). Compare: I tried to install ubuntu 8.04 on this and I never got past the partitioner (got tired of it trying to over-use my optical drive).

Unrelated, but VectorLinux was the only linux I found that was fast to install, comes with full desktop, and has all the development stuff (gcc etc) included automatically. Me likes :)

On my main box (that i had the time to pay some attention) I'm running 64-bit Arch Linux with XFCE (i just like XFCE over KDE4).

trooper said:
Peter R said:
trooper said:
Peter R said:
How is that any different from what you could do if installing Ubuntu?

No different at all, But Mint is more stable and very green. :D

Trooper
Can you tell me more on how it is more stable? If it really is then I should be using it instead ;) .

Well, Mint is based on Ubuntu, Clem and the gang correct any outstanding bugs or errors that have been left in the latest Ubuntu version, And any more that they come across, Before releasing their latest version of Mint. So the most recent version of Mint is always more stable than the most recent version of Ubuntu.

Honestly, I can say that i can not remember ever having any instabilities or crashes in the last three year of using Mint, And it has and still is installed on at least six different machines.

Give it a try Peter, It`s definitely worth it.

Trooper

Sounds promising. I switched back to Ubuntu from Archlinux recently because every time I did a pacman -Syu something broke. However, I have been extremely disappointed at the number of X crashes I got after making the switch. Although I haven't had any in a few weeks now, so maybe they fixed something? It seems Mint might be worth a try anyway though, once I get some time to try it out.

Every time I do Pacman -Syu, nothing happens.

pacman said:
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: sdl: local (1.2.14-1) is newer than extra (1.2.13-3)
local database is up to date
:/
Did I update?
Did it crash?
What happened?
Speak to me, pacman!!

Gruso said:
lulzfish said:
Crunchwrap said:
Discuss? The steampowered thread it links to has some really interesting photos, and the thread that one links to has some even more interesting morse code dinosaurs.
Got it, radios, morse code.
No more spoilers. I'm in media blackout.
I'm avoiding the hype too, I read waay too much on neogaf today though. :( Set up Steam in WINE today, Portal on the way down. It'll be nice to play it with a mouse this time around.

I don't understand, why are you attempting to ignore the news on this?

(naw)mcx said:
http://kotaku.com/5484948/valve-teases-upcoming-mac-announcement-not-so-subtly

Today Mac, tomorrow the Pandora!
:D
Dah, dis vill verk.
OS X means OpenGL, which means it's only a matter of time before Source gets much better on WINE or even native Linux, somehow.

I don't like Apple, but I like when people write software for OS X, because it tends to mean general cross-platform things are happening. I hope.

(naw)mcx said:
http://kotaku.com/5484948/valve-teases-upcoming-mac-announcement-not-so-subtly

Today Mac, tomorrow the Pandora!

Awesome sauce!

(naw)mcx said:
quote said:
Oh, the Pandora is not getting silkscreening after all.

Oops. That's a bit of a mistake.
I know! It's terrible! We're just going to have to take a leap of faith when deciding where to put our peripherals!
Hint: Put them in the top hole and only put them in the bottom hole if you're feeling adventurous.

Crunchwrap said:
(naw)mcx said:
quote said:

I know! It's terrible! We're just going to have to take a leap of faith when deciding where to put our peripherals!
Hint: Put them in the top hole and only put them in the bottom hole if you're feeling adventurous.
You always have to be careful if you put it in the bottom hole, might cause the Pandora to core dump.

quote said:

For fucks sake.

While I'm waiting for my Linux Mint iso to download I decided to reinstall Xubuntu and install LXDE over it. My first thoughts were that it runs so much faster and doesn't look like shit. The only issue I had with it is that it didn't have the necessary software to connect to the internet, which seemed pretty stupid to me. If I install LXDE on Linux Mint will I have a similar issue? If so, guys what the fuck do I do to fix that?

Crunchwrap said:
While I'm waiting for my Linux Mint iso to download I decided to reinstall Xubuntu and install LXDE over it. My first thoughts were that it runs so much faster and doesn't look like shit. The only issue I had with it is that it didn't have the necessary software to connect to the internet, which seemed pretty stupid to me. If I install LXDE on Linux Mint will I have a similar issue? If so, guys what the fuck do I do to fix that?

Are your root? Try 'ifconfig'. or if dynamic check for, 'dhclient'.

Okay I did both of those but they just gave me some weird info that I'm not sure what to do with. According to this, the LXDE network manager doesn't work with wifi and I have to install wicd, which I can't seem to be able to do without internet.

Back