(naw)mcx posted on May 24 2009 at 08:35 PM said:
xnopasaranx posted on May 24 2009 at 07:45 PM said:
failmonopoly.jpg

You fail at posting macros...
Top of Google.
(protip: they ain't macros)

Let me look this up for you
(protip: rtfm)
though I do realize that there are no humorous captions on the pics you posted.

@Username: I don't care what you think about this, you are not German, you have no idea what this symbol is to us so don't judge why it is forbidden here. I don't care if your country allows it to be shown. Bigotry and racism are no opinions, they should not be tolerated anywhere. People who tolerate racism, anti-semitism and fascism are spineless. Tell a black person that racism is tolerable, see what comes out of that conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
What it says is "we reserve the right to limit any opinion you express, and to persecute you for any beliefs you might have". It doesn't matter how bad it is, when you limit any kind of expression, that is a big, fat, open door to limiting anything the powers-that-be might disagree with. Once the Thought Police are deployed, things can get Orwellian really quickly. I do not condone the beliefs of bigots, but if they cannot say what they want to say, anybody could be next.

xnopasaranx posted on May 24 2009 at 09:00 PM said:
(naw)mcx posted on May 24 2009 at 08:35 PM) [quote="xnopasaranx posted on May 24 2009 at 07:45 PM said:
failmonopoly.jpg

Top of Google.

(protip: rtfm"]

@Username: I don't care what you think about this, you are not German, you have no idea what this symbol is to us so don't judge why it is forbidden here. I don't care if your country allows it to be shown. Bigotry and racism are no opinions, they should not be tolerated anywhere. People who tolerate racism, anti-semitism and fascism are spineless. Tell a black person that racism is tolerable, see what comes out of that conversation.
"picture with digitally superimposed text"

No text there.

Therefor they are not macros.

Aethix posted on May 24 2009 at 09:20 PM said:
What it says is "we reserve the right to limit any opinion you express, and to persecute you for any beliefs you might have". It doesn't matter how bad it is, when you limit any kind of expression, that is a big, fat, open door to limiting anything the powers-that-be might disagree with. Once the Thought Police are deployed, things can get Orwellian really quickly. I do not condone the beliefs of bigots, but if they cannot say what they want to say, anybody could be next.
If you haven't lived in Germany, you won't understand what xnanythingy means.

You just can't go down that road. Heck, you are even allowed or supposed to spell words S S, rather Doppel S

But outside looking in, you just won't get why it is important.

xnopasaranx posted on May 24 2009 at 03:00 PM said:
(naw)mcx posted on May 24 2009 at 08:35 PM) [quote="xnopasaranx posted on May 24 2009 at 07:45 PM said:
failmonopoly.jpg

Top of Google.

(protip: rtfm"]

Facism fighting facism. Awesome. Have fun being a spineless, then.

PoisonedV posted on May 24 2009 at 10:35 PM said:
Wow, you obviously don't have any idea what fascism is. You don't even know how it is spelled. And before you make me really angry I am going to say that I will not discuss this further with you but recommend more education on the subject to you, you ignorant little prick. Half of my family was killed in Ausschwitz, the other half was waving around nazi banners and tried to stay alive in trenches because they thought they were the master race. I am living in a country where assholes like you ignore the fact that there still are shitloads of nazis marching around blocks, burning down immigration shelters and chasing so called niggers through subway stations. My friends and me have invested years to fight idiocracy and bigotry and were thanked with brutal beatings and assaults. My mother and my little brother have been threatened regularly on the phone by neo nazis, people drive by our homes to throw shit at our walls or smash windows, sometimes they also smash skulls of my friends. Many I know have been hospitalized because they were standing up to these racist thugs. Now I realize that you haven't been in contact with any of this because you live somewhere half around this world but maybe you should consider that hating people for their skin colour or their ethnical background, be it that they are jewish or people who have fled war and poverty ridden countries is not an opinion but a crime waiting to happen. I can't tell people what to think, I don't want anybody thrown in prison because they think in a different way, but I sure as hell wish that this symbol of hate, violence, death, rape, torture and the destruction of several cultures will not be tolerated and that everything related to it be purged from the minds of the youth.

Now sit down behind your desk and read something about fascism before you dare make a comparison like that. Thanks for your ignorance.
Wikipedia says it right there

Also: Thanks Lubi, you know what you are talking about as a non-german living in Germany. Maybe these kids should listen to you.

This is hilarious. I have been pointed to this thread to see just how retarded you all are.

Naw: Congrats on proving someone wrong on image macros. Have fun masturbating for the next 45 years.

poisonedV: you really are a huge, huge retard. Really, there's nothing more to say.

Every other retard: until you're a minority, shut the fuck up. Jews and blacks have been discriminated against and held against their will for CENTURIES. If we can eliminate the swastika and even the goddamn confederate flag, a symbol of SLAVERY, we'd be better off.

You're all trying too hard to "fight the system". It really shows just how old you really are.

And to the people talking about freedom of speech and opinion. How about paedophilia? Isn't it cool then to express your wish to make love to young boys in the anus forcefully against their will openly? Why not have a little boy rapists march down the broadway or maybe right down to the white house? because raping little boys is a matter of opinion right? well of course we're not going to do it, but shouldn't we have the right to exclaim just how wonderful rape is in public so that others can hear our message and join in on the fun? Weeeee.... it's just an opinion, you can't tell me that I can't be a paedophile rapist because then you are limiting my personal freedom of expression...

EDIT: lol... forgot an "e"... rap is actually wonderful. rape really isn't. neither is paedophilia you sickos.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 24 2009 at 11:52 PM said:
This is hilarious. I have been pointed to this thread to see just how retarded you all are.

Naw: Congrats on proving someone wrong on image macros. Have fun masturbating for the next 45 years.

poisonedV: you really are a huge, huge retard. Really, there's nothing more to say.

Every other retard: until you're a minority, shut the fuck up. Jews and blacks have been discriminated against and held against their will for CENTURIES. If we can eliminate the swastika and even the goddamn confederate flag, a symbol of SLAVERY, we'd be better off.

You're all trying too hard to "fight the system". It really shows just how old you really are.
Fuck, I thought you left. Go.

xnopasaranx posted on May 24 2009 at 06:38 PM said:
Wow, you obviously don't have any idea what fascism is. You don't even know how it is spelled. And before you make me really angry I am going to say that I will not discuss this further with you but recommend more education on the subject to you, you ignorant little prick. Half of my family was killed in Ausschwitz, the other half was waving around nazi banners and tried to stay alive in trenches because they thought they were the master race. I am living in a country where assholes like you ignore the fact that there still are shitloads of nazis marching around blocks, burning down immigration shelters and chasing so called niggers through subway stations. My friends and me have invested years to fight idiocracy and bigotry and were thanked with brutal beatings and assaults. My mother and my little brother have been threatened regularly on the phone by neo nazis, people drive by our homes to throw shit at our walls or smash windows, sometimes they also smash skulls of my friends. Many I know have been hospitalized because they were standing up to these racist thugs. Now I realize that you haven't been in contact with any of this because you live somewhere half around this world but maybe you should consider that hating people for their skin colour or their ethnical background, be it that they are jewish or people who have fled war and poverty ridden countries is not an opinion but a crime waiting to happen. I can't tell people what to think, I don't want anybody thrown in prison because they think in a different way, but I sure as hell wish that this symbol of hate, violence, death, rape, torture and the destruction of several cultures will not be tolerated and that everything related to it be purged from the minds of the youth.
I see that your system of trying to ban books and block racists out has really worked.
And to the people talking about freedom of speech and opinion. How about pedophilia? Isn't it cool then to express your wish to make love to young boys in the anus forcefully against their will openly? Why not have a little boy rapists march down the broadway or maybe right down to the white house? because raping little boys is a matter of opinion right? well of course we're not going to do it, but shouldn't we have the right to exclaim just how wonderful rap is in public so that others can hear our message and join in on the fun? Weeeee.... it's just an opinion, you can't tell me that I can't be a pedophile rapist because then you are limiting my personal freedom of expression...
They can talk and protest all they want, it doesn't mean they can rape little kids. Words have no power until people give them power.

Username posted on May 25 2009 at 12:15 AM said:
I see that your system of trying to ban books and block racists out has really worked.
And again you fail to understand anything I've written. I have never claimed that I wished for books to be banned. We are talking about a hate symbol here. It is neither banned from books nor ignored, but it is illegal to be used in a glorifying way. This is why you can still find it in our schools history books, in literature and art and it is good this way. It is not supposed to be on the banners of rednecks and racists though. And while you may think that this "system" as you call it has failed, I never claimed that prohibiting this symbol was going to get rid of racism and fascist idiology but it keeps a provocation and victory symbol out of the hands of these idiots. It's not considered to be okay and this is in itself symbolic.
They can talk and protest all they want, it doesn't mean they can rape little kids. Words have no power until people give them power.
You give people the power to do these things by letting them express their wish to commit crimes. My point wasn't that crimes were committed by expressing these thoughts but rather that a political opinion is not equal to the incitement of people to commit crimes.

Xian Long posted on May 25 2009 at 12:38 AM said:
let's just blow up the world because we're all such awful people.
No, how about let's keep out of serious debates if we do not have anything intelligent to add...

xnopasaranx posted on May 24 2009 at 07:29 PM said:
Username posted on May 25 2009 at 12:15 AM said:
And again you fail to understand anything I've written. I have never claimed that I wished for books to be banned. We are talking about a hate symbol here. It is neither banned from books nor ignored, but it is illegal to be used in a glorifying way. This is why you can still find it in our schools history books, in literature and art and it is good this way. It is not supposed to be on the banners of rednecks and racists though. And while you may think that this "system" as you call it has failed, I never claimed that prohibiting this symbol was going to get rid of racism and fascist idiology but it keeps a provocation and victory symbol out of the hands of these idiots. It's not considered to be okay and this is in itself symbolic.
You give people the power to do these things by letting them express their wish to commit crimes. My point wasn't that crimes were committed by expressing these thoughts but rather that a political opinion is not equal to the incitement of people to commit crimes.
Fascist retards don't die down because you ban a symbol, that just gives more power to their ideas.

Symbols and words don't hurt people. I will agree that the actions of the thugs is highly unacceptable, but limiting freedom of speech is a slippery slope. You can't rely on human goodness forever--one day, someone will be able to use any limitation on freedom of speech as a precedent to silence dissent. This is how a dictatorship begins. I understand where you're coming from, but the easiest solution to a problem isn't always the right one.

xnopasaranx posted on May 24 2009 at 05:38 PM said:
Now sit down behind your desk and read something about fascism before you dare make a comparison like that. Thanks for your ignorance.

Also: Thanks Lubi, you know what you are talking about as a non-german living in Germany. Maybe these kids should listen to you.

Sorry, but much like most controversial topics, facism doesn't have a set definition. federal censorship is an element of facism, however, and youll find little opposition on that regard.. The rest of your argument is a strawman bullshit about physical violence and shit, but even there you dig your own grave: obviously, cencorship of a symbol- probably actually just putting fuel on the flames- doesn't do SHIT to stop a movement like that. guess what, you can't have your cake and eat it to. you don't want an oppressive governmental system? then you don't have oppressive policies about anyone, even those who are the exact type who support it. thank you for your ignorance, your inability to conform to basics of intelligent arguments and your overabundance of personal insults. i hate to use this overused internetcliche, but like V says, whether or not they are good or bad, 'ideas are bulletproof'.
(also to other posts- dcgm, everyones been discriminated against. that includes whites. and blacks and jews havent been the prominent ones being enslaved for 'centuries'. (well, blacks, but even that is much more shortlived than others) please read a history book. not that it matter whether or not I am a common target of discrimination, it's just not relevant to what is a human rights issue. also, how am I fighting the system? for defending what should be an essential right to everyone? no, im not fighting the system, im fighting for what the system should hold in high regard. x, you dont give people the power to do things by letting them express themselves. you give them the power to preach to the choir, and nothing much else. oppression just stirs an innate inspiration in people. i also believe rapists and pedophiles should be able to voice there beliefs, as should every type of racist, even those who hate me, or anyone else. its not hard to comprehend)

If you magically destroyed the swastika, the racists would just rally behind something else.
The swastika is a symbol of stupidity and violence, but it doesn't cause it.

PoisonedV posted on May 25 2009 at 04:08 AM said:
xnopasaranx posted on May 24 2009 at 05:38 PM said:

Sorry, but much like most controversial topics, facism doesn't have a set definition. federal censorship is an element of facism, however, and youll find little opposition on that regard.. The rest of your argument is a strawman bullshit about physical violence and shit, but even there you dig your own grave: obviously, cencorship of a symbol- probably actually just putting fuel on the flames- doesn't do SHIT to stop a movement like that. guess what, you can't have your cake and eat it to. you don't want an oppressive governmental system? then you don't have oppressive policies about anyone, even those who are the exact type who support it. thank you for your ignorance, your inability to conform to basics of intelligent arguments and your overabundance of personal insults. i hate to use this overused internetcliche, but like V says, whether or not they are good or bad, 'ideas are bulletproof'.
(also to other posts- dcgm, everyones been discriminated against. that includes whites. and blacks and jews havent been the prominent ones being enslaved for 'centuries'. (well, blacks, but even that is much more shortlived than others) please read a history book. not that it matter whether or not I am a common target of discrimination, it's just not relevant to what is a human rights issue. also, how am I fighting the system? for defending what should be an essential right to everyone? no, im not fighting the system, im fighting for what the system should hold in high regard. x, you dont give people the power to do things by letting them express themselves. you give them the power to preach to the choir, and nothing much else. oppression just stirs an innate inspiration in people. i also believe rapists and pedophiles should be able to voice there beliefs, as should every type of racist, even those who hate me, or anyone else. its not hard to comprehend)

Are you too thick? I tried discussing this with you but you ignore facts and my actual arguments. I never said that censorship of a symbol stops a movement like fascism!!! I clearly stated that before. I also posted a link about fascism for you to read and understand that it does indeed have a very clear definition and only because you think you are a history and political science expert this definition will not go away. Yes, censorship is a part of oppressive governments of all kinds. I am not in favour of oppressive governments but my standpoint on this will not be part of this discussion. The fact that this is not a key element to fascism has furtherly been ignored by you and my so called strawman arguments are part of an experience that I am trying to share with you so you can perhaps understand why the Germans have such a strong feeling about this symbol. You won't understand, you are not willing to see different points of view and accept that your opinion on this matter might not be the most valid one. As I said before: I don't care about the rest of the world, but in Germany, it makes a whole lot of sense to prohibit the use of the swastika.

lubidog posted on May 24 2009 at 10:32 PM said:
You just can't go down that road. Heck, you are even allowed or supposed to spell words S S, rather Doppel S
Do you mean if you're asked to spell a word, you say doppel s rather than s s?

Back