The Rabbit Joint

WizardStan said:
Look up WIND mobile. I just signed up with them.
They still totally rape you, but they use scented lube and whisper lovingly in your ear while doing it.
Seriously, unlimited data for $35. Only good if you're in the GTA though, unfortunately, but they're working on it!
And when they say unlimited, they really mean unlimited, by which they mean if you exceed 5GB they'll throttle your downloads but they won't stop them, unlike Rogers and Bell which gave you "unlimited", and then charged you if you exceeded 500MB.
A coworker of mine who understands these things better than me says this is just a first wave. A second wave of something or other is planned next year or two, during which you should see a lot of pressure on Bell and Rogers and we should get some real competition.

I know about Wind. Since I'm not in Toronto, they're not an option. Their coverage in Edmonton and Calgary (the two cities I'm in most) is spotty at best, and after speaking with their sales reps, the possibility exists that I can be billed for Away zone calls and data while in a Home zone if their 3G signal drops and I get stuck on 2G (which is Rogers' network). Their answer was "put your phone into 3G-only mode", which I can't do with their shitty coverage because I need to be available at all times for work. Plus, when I'm visiting family in Saskatchewan or even in rural Alberta, it's a complete no-go. Wind is good if you live in of their home zones (and not the suburbs either) and almost never leave them. They're at least a few years away from being a viable alternative for everyone, which sucks because their prices are comparatively very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
When my old Motorola flip-phone broke, I didn't bother getting a new one. You know those old flip-phone television commercials where people slam their phones closed? Well, I did that once and it broke. The screen just stayed gray. I could still make calls, but I couldn't do anything else. I don't even really need a phone anyway. I think I had Rodgers.

One thing I noticed about Bell is that you can actually hear an echo of your voice (maybe a .8 second delay) and the sound quality isn't as good as Rodgers... I don't know if this was specific to the area, though.

I suppose it's not awesome work, but considering I made it in about fifteen minutes and I haven't much animating experience, it's not that bad.

1zcdxf.jpg

Opinions?
I intend to use it as sort of a framework for other sprites.
EDIT: And yeah, it's not supposed to flash colors like that. Transparency thing I have to fix.

^ Very nice animated man.

Nigella was made in 10 minutes, and I think she's lovely.

Zimmear was done in 10 also. I like the way his ears move.
capturef.gif

Haha, so am I now part of some exclusive club that uses abuses GIF technology :lol:

But didn't you hear what happened to Geoci- Oooh, of course there's always Angelfire. I need to blab about this on my Friendster page!

Like a G6, like a G6 na-na-na-na-no-no-now-now I'm feeling so fly like a G6.
I hate this song.

What the fook is a G6 anyway? I assume they're not talking about the third G above middle C... it is high I suppose, but not fly.

Javacat said:
wow.. those gifs rock! You should make a geocities site to put them on!!!
Jourdy288 said:
But didn't you hear what happened to Geoci- Oooh, of course there's always Angelfire. I need to blab about this on my Friendster page!
I think Geocites has been gone for quite a while. So many old sites (including some that had DS homebrew that I needed) on geocites are gone. I guess yahoo was too poor to sustain them or something.

quote said:
Like a G6, like a G6 na-na-na-na-no-no-now-now I'm feeling so fly like a G6.
I hate this song.
I know how you feel... in gym class, the teacher puts on music if we're in the gym and it's mostly stuff like this. It's so loud, I have to practically scream out the score in badminton. I keep hearing the same songs, so I'm absolutely sure that it's from a CD.

Holy shizzle... Amazon.co.uk were selling PS3's, Wii's and 360's for £50 each yesterday :| AND I MISSED OUT!

Javacat said:
Holy shizzle... Amazon.co.uk were selling PS3's, Wii's and 360's for £50 each yesterday :| AND I MISSED OUT!

Meh, I had a wee at waterloo station last week, And it only cost me 30p.

EDIT: Link or it didn`t happen.

Trooper

Back