Release The Tube

the network was ok and I didn´t have any TV out settings activated. Here´s my file output

=======================================================================================

PND             : /media/SANDISK32A/pandora/menu/thetube.pnd

PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs

the error while loading shared libraries surprises me - I don't have a libtinfo.so either ..where did your mplayer come from? Does it complain when you type mplayer in a terminal? 

Tried restart, still exactly the same thing happens.

Got loads of free space on the SD still so not simply out of storage or anything.

Looked at appdata to delete but didn't even create a thetube dir there yet...

Confirmed can install still ok as just d/l VGolf and Shmupacbra

strange
doesn't sound like anything connected with codec pack install - that should be fine..i am not an expert with the pndmanager; but i think it can have issues if its database is corrupted (deleting the appdata/pndmanager directory should fix that - it will rebuild its database)..in any case you can try download thetube pnd from the repo website and copy it over to /media/<your_sd>/pandora/menu/ 

Just installed this last night and it seems to work perfectly. Not being able to play stuff on YouTube is the main thing that the Pandora was missing so thank you very much.

Would be nice to see options to download videos for when I want to view tutorials without a connection and an option to view my personal videos by logging in; but in all honesty I can live without those as long as the live viewing works this well.

CC Pandora with 256mb of ram and no swap file running, seems to work fine for the highest video quality for anyone that's wondering :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried restart, still exactly the same thing happens.

Got loads of free space on the SD still so not simply out of storage or anything.

Looked at appdata to delete but didn't even create a thetube dir there yet...

Confirmed can install still ok as just d/l VGolf and Shmupacbra

strange
doesn't sound like anything connected with codec pack install - that should be fine..i am not an expert with the pndmanager; but i think it can have issues if its database is corrupted (deleting the appdata/pndmanager directory should fix that - it will rebuild its database)..in any case you can try download thetube pnd from the repo website and copy it over to /media/<your_sd>/pandora/menu/
Still got sane issue when deleting the pndmanager appdata dir, but downloading from repo done the trick anyway, cheers.

Is really nice, amazed how seems on few vids I watched there was no buffering even when I ffw through it a bit it continued straight away

Just installed this last night and it seems to work perfectly. Not being able to play stuff on YouTube is the main thing thing that the Pandora was missing so thank you very much.

Would be nice to see options to download videos for when I want to view tutorials without a connection and an option to view my personal videos by logging in; but in all honesty I can live without those as long as the live viewing works this well.

CC Pandora with 256mb of ram and no swap file running, seems to work fine for the highest video quality for anyone that's wondering :)
downloading videos is possible at least (added in build 2) - select a video and type 'd' - it will download to the folder you can select with 'f' (or the folder icon).. 

I´ve redownloaded and reinstalled the codec pack just to be sure and I still can´t get any videos to run. As suggested above I tried running mplayer in a terminal, here is the output:

noel-openpandora:~$ mplayer
mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
noel-openpandora:~$ ;

I´ve redownloaded and reinstalled the codec pack just to be sure and I still can´t get any videos to run. As suggested above I tried running mplayer in a terminal, here is the output:

mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

definitely an error of the mplayer install - did you get any errors while installing the codec pack? It may be that another installed package is broken: libtinfo seems to be connected to libncurses

(like mentioned here) maybe good idea to head to the general support area :unsure:

Reflash your Pandora.

Reflashing seems to have fixed that issue at least, the app is working great now

v3 with small fixes on the repo now...

..and don't miss Ekianjo's review B)  

Is it possible to move the startup dialogue into a button within the application, and let it save the option you pick?

Seems redundant having to tell it every time to use 240p mode, but appreciate that when I connect tv out I'll want to switch it.

Thanks

One more thing, is it me or is there still only 360 p offered as playback ? Most youtube videos are usually also available at 480p, is there an issue with offering that choice ? 480p videos should work fine with 1Ghz Pandora, at least. 

With the different models of Pandora, the difference between the wifi speeds on some models + adding the TV-out modes, it might be best to leave the option to change speed at the start every time. Saves messing about with settings and is more noob friendly :)

With the different models of Pandora, the difference between the wifi speeds on some models + adding the TV-out modes, it might be best to leave the option to change speed at the start every time. Saves messing about with settings and is more noob friendly :)
How do you figure? You can pop it up on first run, but somebody's Pandora isn't going to magically change from a CC to a 1GHz. It's just an inconvenience going through the dialogue every start up, especially as it doesn't preselect your last selection either.

How do you figure? You can pop it up on first run, but somebody's Pandora isn't going to magically change from a CC to a 1GHz. It's just an inconvenience going through the dialogue every start up, especially as it doesn't preselect your last selection either.
Agree, and you could always make this menu come back with a key press once in the interface if you need to change it, for example. 

Is it possible to move the startup dialogue into a button within the application, and let it save the option you pick?

Seems redundant having to tell it every time to use 240p mode, but appreciate that when I connect tv out I'll want to switch it.

Thanks
that should be possible.. ;)

One more thing, is it me or is there still only 360 p offered as playback ? Most youtube videos are usually also available at 480p, is there an issue with offering that choice ? 480p videos should work fine with 1Ghz Pandora, at least. 
there seems to be an issue with youtube offering 480p downloads currently - could not test it :( - but I can add it as an option...

I also like the startup dialog.

If my connection is slow I want 240p, else higher resolution.

Also I have a cc and a Giga Pandora.

(So my Pandora can magically become a different model ;) )

Pandora wifi speeds can change a lot depending on the router make and model that it gets connected to. That should be pretty obvious by now.

Your wanting to hide a useful feature, just because you can't be bothered to press 1 button <_<

Back