Release The Tube

Your wanting to hide a useful feature, just because you can't be bothered to press 1 button <_<
It's not one button, but okay, leave it on, but then please can we get it to reselect the option used last time so I can just hit OK?

Your wanting to hide a useful feature, just because you can't be bothered to press 1 button <_<
It's not one button, but okay, leave it on, but then please can we get it to reselect the option used last time so I can just hit OK?
That's a good suggestion.

Remembering the last selected option is a good feature.

(Why not making 2 PNDs. One with startup dialog and one without ;) )

(Why not making 2 PNDs. One with startup dialog and one without ;) )
Or just have an option to always display the dialogue?
Options could be:

[ ] Ask me each time

[ ] 480p

[ ] 320p

[ ] 240p

[ ] 480p (TV Out/HW)

[ ] 320p (TV Out/HW)

[ ] 240p (TV Out/HW)

or something like that

v4 on the repo now!

I have put the bitrate selection in the main window; tv out is still a start up option since it depends on the configuration, and switching on the fly tends to not work (at least here).. the tv layer hot key of the FW does work when tv out is enabled (and is very useful btw as mentioned in a post above to switch between a view of the browser and the movie playback layer) 

Note: an option for 480p feedback is added; most videos (all?) are currently (12112013) not provided in a mplayer compatible format (only in so called DASH format, with split sound and video streams) by youtube and will revert to 360p. I think this could mean that eventually all formats will transfer to DASH  :(

Last edited by a moderator:
installed tube, installed the codec, telling me that mplayer was not found, and is not running

Nice software THX.

Can you add a Option for a Direct Link input for streaming from other Sites?

Then can i Copy a Link into Clipboard and paste it in your cool Gui ;)

That work then maybe with MySpass,MyVideo,Clipfish and others :rolleyes:

TV Out work here not with playing Video,i have a green Screen on TV then.

I recommend to set the Video Out to X11 when you want to play Videos

with TV Out on the Pandora.

Its a extra Mplayer Option ^_^

I used it for this Video recording with TV Out

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FQnClhK7XGw?feature=oembed

I find your Gui perfect :D

Nice software THX.

Can you add a Option for a Direct Link input for streaming from other Sites?

Then can i Copy a Link into Clipboard and paste it in your cool Gui ;)

That work then maybe with MySpass,MyVideo,Clipfish and others :rolleyes:

TV Out work here not with playing Video,i have a green Screen on TV then.

I recommend to set the Video Out to X11 when you want to play Videos

with TV Out on the Pandora.

Its a extra Mplayer Option ^_^

I used it for this Video recording with TV Out

I find your Gui perfect :D
thanks! :)  haven't looked at other sites yet...

in any case: for the tvout - have you tried setting the HW scaker in the tv out configuration before starting the tube (always making sure you do 'write setting')? I am using mplayer -vo omapfb (faster than x11)  which only works with HW layer... 

Ah i will try it with activating TV Out over HW Scaler.

I just used the Swap Trick from Main to HW Scaler with presssing F12.

That F12 work with PanPlayer2 TV Out perfectly.

Will try to activate HW Layer before playing Vids ;)

Sepulep, another feature idea:

- displaying info about the video. 

I know you get tons of info from youtube's api, so why not consider that if you press "I" or some other key while being on a thumbnail, then it would display info related to the video + the larger thumbnail on the side ?

Such as :

- when it was added, 

- rating on youtube

- channel name

- etc...

Other than that:

- in the search field, not sure it if works right now but if not the case, would be a good idea to accept actual, full youtube links (http://www.youtube.com/watch/v?=) something like that, to enable people to watch links they found without having to search for them again. (just copy paste from browser to The Tube)

- in the search field, would be cool if you could support some kind of syntax like that: channel:xxxx , xxxx being the name of the channel, so that it would only display the channel related videos. 

Let me know what yo uthink !

in the search field, not sure it if works right now but if not the case, would be a good idea to accept actual, full youtube links (http://www.youtube.com/watch/v?=) something like that, to enable people to watch links they found without having to search for them again. (just copy paste from browser to The Tube)
If you strip the URL prefix and just leave the video code (v= parameter), that'll find you the specific video

Sepulep, another feature idea:

- displaying info about the video. 

I know you get tons of info from youtube's api, so why not consider that if you press "I" or some other key while being on a thumbnail, then it would display info related to the video + the larger thumbnail on the side ?

Such as :

- when it was added, 

- rating on youtube

- channel name

- etc...

Other than that:

- in the search field, not sure it if works right now but if not the case, would be a good idea to accept actual, full youtube links (http://www.youtube.com/watch/v?=) something like that, to enable people to watch links they found without having to search for them again. (just copy paste from browser to The Tube)

- in the search field, would be cool if you could support some kind of syntax like that: channel:xxxx , xxxx being the name of the channel, so that it would only display the channel related videos. 

Let me know what yo uthink !
like pmprog mentiones, you can get a video also from the video id bit - but maybe a simple pattern match to strip out the http://etc part could work...finding videos from a user seems to work ok on the search bar - not sure about channels..

for me the extra info is not a high priority - at some point I tried popups with extra info and also an information bar with the description...generally the result was not pretty and the extra information not very interesting anyway  :p  .. on the other hand, if you have a good idea, go ahead!!  :)

It's not working for me. It says that it cant find "mplayer". I tried to find it but it's not there and nothing comes up.

I have SMPlayer 2 installed and there doesn't seem to be any other mplayer PND....

Back