The What Music Are You Listening To Thread

This is a bit of an oddity. I can find the release with this image on discogs released in September last year, but the only thing I can find on there with her name on it it a 12" single released in '97, which doesn't feature this song. To me her voice sounds quite young in this release, probably no more than 25, and assuming she was an adult in '97 means it was recoded pre-'04. But there's no record of it on youtube before last September when it came out on this compilation either.

A neat little song smothered in Godriches chord changes, since he's the producer on this track by Ultraista.

I should WARN you that this video contains strobe effects, if that kind of thing affects you, I'd suggest at least not fullscreening the video.

Nice, it's not quite as keyboardish (with the bell) as the theme tune for the news quiz, but I dont mind that.

In other news here's the latest and last from Andrew Weatherall, the famed DJ from the 1990s in the main to be fair, and who knew he's been continuing to make music.

c and p jon meng records

Every synthetic beep, chirp, buzz, drone you hear on this album was ripped directly from videogame soundtracks composed between 1983-88. The original scores were painstakingly coded in Basic on a Commodore 64 home microcomputer. The raw data was converted by Coin into waveforms and assembled into new full length tracks using cut and paste techniques associated with modern software.
Sampled live drumming augments these arrangements by filling gaps from the editing process and offers a unique percussive setting unparalleled by any drum machine. The text-to-speech capabilities of Apple generated every vocal element on this record.

Org. released on CDR 1999

There's a dischussion on CSDB about which and who's music is in here that was ripped xD

Back