The What Music Are You Listening To Thread

Beautiful acoustic rendition. By the originals, JHJ:

The songtext always gets me melancholic. Prostitution damages the soul. The scars are invisible on the surface, but run very deep, too deep to fix and it makes you feel powerless.
My Turkish neighbour cleaned ships from the inside in the Rotterdam harbour. You know, those that transport useful, but toxic, liquids. It destroyed his lungs by the time he reached 30, he was an old man, unable to work anymore. Those are visible scars. Socially more acceptable, less taboo to talk about.

The original:

The songtext always gets me melancholic. Prostitution damages the soul. The scars are invisible on the surface, but run very deep, too deep to fix and it makes you feel powerless.
My Turkish neighbour cleaned ships from the inside in the Rotterdam harbour. You know, those that transport useful, but toxic, liquids. It destroyed his lungs by the time he reached 30, he was an old man, unable to work anymore. Those are visible scars. Socially more acceptable, less taboo to talk about.

Thanks FB, I'd heard the song before but never caught the lyrics. I got the point in the acoustic vid though.

I see you liked KC which got me back on a binge of her stuff. Here's another of her more emotional performances that you might enjoy:

Prostitution damages the soul. The scars are invisible on the surface, but run very deep, too deep to fix and it makes you feel powerless.

It's a huge subject, and one I'd love to delve into, but I feel here is not the place as it would hijack the thread. I for one have engaged the services of pro's but I am also one of the most respectful people you will ever meet with regards to women. It's a deep subject.

Anyway, keeping on-topic, your post reminded me of this incredible song by one of my favourate bands:

It's a huge subject, and one I'd love to delve into, but I feel here is not the place as it would hijack the thread. I for one have engaged the services of pro's but I am also one of the most respectful people you will ever meet with regards to women. It's a deep subject.

Anyway, keeping on-topic, your post reminded me of this incredible song by one of my favourate bands:

And that song reminds me of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Baker
Bringing up 4 sons to handle the guns...

1000 out of 10.

Oh, I never knew this was originally A Cappella. I've long loved the remix and always thought it was the original.

Back