There Is Some "movement" At Rlyeh's Site

DaveC

Internal Development
I have noticed that on Rlyeh site there are updates in many of the emulator bug lists. That is many of the bugs are crossed off (fixed). Could this be the meaning of the comming f-day? Maybe many of his emus are now fixed? Could there be a day (f-day) when a bunch of the emus will be released with the bugs gone? What do you think?

On his forums he has a lot of emulators listed, eg Wonderswan, Amstrad etc.

I would love to see all these released. I really like the style and functionality of how Rlyehs emus work

Exciting stuff !!!

ratx posted on Apr 20 2005 at 06:14 PM said:
Fsnes is not even on rlyeh's forums, I think that speaks volumes ;)

Hmmm... no news on Rlyeh's site about fSNES....

.... Rlyeh's working on some secret f-day project.....

*adds 2 and 2 and gets about 7*

That's it then, Rlyeh's wokring on fSNES.

F-day is solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
spray posted on Apr 20 2005 at 10:01 AM said:
i seem to remember at some point rlyeh stated that he would release a tidied up (not necessarilly finished) collection of his emus and then stop working on them.

He did indeed and, if memory serves, he also said that he'd be doing it over the course of this year and would at the end also release all the sources.

Whether or not he will decide to include one front-end to join them altogether is just speculation. Personally I hope that he does and that this "multi-moo" is what f-day is all about.

J(ohn)

ratx posted on Apr 20 2005 at 06:43 AM said:
So not fMame then DaveC? and you were sooo sure ;)

Maybe fMAME will be released with the rest. Or maybe he gave up on it because the newer version of MAME that he was porting ran slower than Franxis's version.

I think it was abandoned, hence why it's not on his forums.

c0ncept posted on Apr 20 2005 at 09:02 AM said:
as in will never finish it or hasn't yet finished it?

:( if his Mame can't run faster than Franxis' there's no point... not to dog Franxis.. really... it's wonderful work and I'm sure he did the absolute best possible with this small underpowered piece of hardware, but Mame is just too slow for most games.... even older games like Dig Dug... so hard to play, for me.

Though now that I did the pencil trick and runnign 180mhz... a few games are quite a bit better :)

bast525 posted on Apr 20 2005 at 06:31 AM said:
:( if his Mame can't run faster than Franxis' there's no point... not to dog Franxis.. really... it's wonderful work and I'm sure he did the absolute best possible with this small underpowered piece of hardware, but Mame is just too slow for most games.... even older games like Dig Dug... so hard to play, for me.

Though now that I did the pencil trick and runnign 180mhz... a few games are quite a bit better :)

Play Zig Zag instead of Dig Dug, way quicker. Unfortunately quite a bit harder too!

From what I can gather and put together, I also think that it is some kind of frontend that manages all of his emu's (might be wrong) plus updated emu's. I guess time will tell (sooner rather than later though :D ).

:)

bast525 posted on Apr 20 2005 at 02:31 PM said:

I've got 99% of all the MAME roms which fan work with Franxis' MAME emulator and yeah a few are way too slow to play but i've found about 300 or so which run totally okay including some very good games like Bombjack, Penguin Kun Wars, Breakthru and a fair few good shooters i've found. Theres plenty of others but i havent had time to test every rom.

I would not agree at all saying 'Mame is just too slow for most games' .

At 166 mhz i've found many many good games to work fine

Also take into account that Mame GP32 is only on it's second release. God know's what it will be like after these two months (can't wait :D ) and future releases.

:)

Back