There we go! (2012-02-28)

Hi ED,

should I worry that I didn't get a reply when I send an address change email? I know the address change is not reflected in the shops order history, so I have no way to tell...

Thanks!

ps: I'm an "old" pre-orderer so I guess it's not going to ship anytime soon anyways.
Thanks Boss!

i have a question too:

i am also an "old" preorder, i would like to know if we will receive our pandora only after a quota of X "new" preorders is reached?

if yes, what is the value of X and how many "new" preorders is there actually (just to know how many orders we have to wait...)?
X = Two Months (this is a educated guess)

I also orderd 1-10-2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming 300 Pandoras a week, 4 new to 3 old, and 1200 old pre-orders remaining, the last pre-order should be shipped in 10 weeks.

If you go to this news-thread:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/6976-2-months-umm-weeks-to-go-2012-02-06/

and only read ED's first (point 5.) and second (on page 2) posts, this should basically answer your questions: There will be 2 queues, so new and old preorders are served in parallel. The ratio depends on how much money comes in through premium upgrades, upgrading your existing Pandora with a new PCB, selling of refurbished units and donations (the more the larger the ratio old/new will be).

If you go to this news-thread:

http://boards.openpa...-go-2012-02-06/

and only read ED's first (point 5.) and second (on page 2) posts, this should basically answer your questions: There will be 2 queues, so new and old preorders are served in parallel. The ratio depends on how much money comes in through premium upgrades, upgrading your existing Pandora with a new PCB, selling of refurbished units and donations (the more the larger the ratio old/new will be).

I'd love to upgrade my Original Batch 1 pre-order, but haven't heard a thing from Craig's shop about upgrades.

Hi ED,

should I worry that I didn't get a reply when I send an address change email? I know the address change is not reflected in the shops order history, so I have no way to tell...

Thanks!

ps: I'm an "old" pre-orderer so I guess it's not going to ship anytime soon anyways.

If you ordered from me, no worries.

I send a mail before I send the Pandora to check out if the address is still valid :)

About Upgrades: No one received a mail yet about upgrades, no worry.

There are enough units left currently, I'm just overwhelmed with work.

All AC Adaptors and the next 600 LCDs arrived safely at my place today, btw.

Quite a few of you should receive some nice eMail from UPS today... :)

Homagad, that's so cool!

ED, you mean that for all who have paid the past days, you send the pandora? So I will received a UPS mail today?

Homagad, that's so cool!

ED, you mean that for all who have paid the past days, you send the pandora? So I will received a UPS mail today?

Not all, but who paid and was early in the queue might've gotten one, except for US, as those go to Link first (to save you 60 EUR shipping costs!)

Homagad, that's so cool!

Not all, but who paid and was early in the queue might've gotten one, except for US, as those go to Link first (to save you 60 EUR shipping costs!)

And much appreciated trying to look for ways of cutting costs a bit with this initial bunch of units.

So, if I'm reading your email correctly, you're saying that shipping has begun for those who aren't in the U.S.?

If so, when does link head back, and what ETA are we in the U.S. looking at for our unit?

If so, when does link head back, and what ETA are we in the U.S. looking at for our unit?

Link is already back, though we need at least 50 units at once, so it makes sense.

UPS wants us to tell us 1 week before we ship, so it will at least be two weeks.

If I say, preordered it on Feb 26, about when would I get an email? Im a bit excited to get a Pandora, heh...

Those of us who have received the "Coming soon: How to finish paying" E-mail and have NOT received the mentioned e-mail, when will we receive it?

The money is waiting, ready to be sent!

Those of us who have received the "Coming soon: How to finish paying" E-mail and have NOT received the mentioned e-mail, when will we receive it?

The money is waiting, ready to be sent!

Shortly before your unit is finished.

I don't want to grab the money for too long :)

Ed, any update on that? Last update email from Craig queue I have got almost a year ago :\

Give me some break, please. I had 2,5 hours of sleep tonight, it's a heck of work, but you will not be forgotten :)

Assuming 300 Pandoras a week, 4 new to 3 old, and 1200 old pre-orders remaining, the last pre-order should be shipped in 10 weeks.

so it is 10 weeks only if we find 1600 new preorders. have we as many of them?

5. Information for all old preorders

I'd really love to send out all the remaining preorders out first - but unfortunately, this is not possible.

The reason is simple: I need about 250,000 EUR to produce 1000 Pandoras and that money needs to come from somewhere.

The price in 2009 was about 299 EUR.

i don't understand, 1000 old preorders are not sufficient to gather these 250,000 EUR and to produce their 1000 pandoras?

The money from old pre-orders is long gone. It went to development and production costs, much of it sunk into companies who produced things with a high failure rate, or didn't produce at all. [insert last two years of Pandora history here]

The first batch ran at a loss, which is why investments, new pre-orders and 'upgrades' had to be introduced to keep the project moving. :) ED now has to balance deliveries between those who supported early and held on, and those who stepped in to make sure the project could keep going.

Back